Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
About part 3, you talk about creating folders for the save games but as far as I know you don't need to do that, loadiine automatically creates the save folders and files when you boot the game for first time.
oh? Before you had to make them manually. Oh well, it won't hurt. I'll leave an annotation that it's not necessary then! Thanks.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that mean that the modified kernel exploit does only those two things, or does it do those two things in addition to the things the official kernel exploit does?

Also, you mention that running the kernel exploit lways produces an error the first time and may need to be run 100 times. Is there something special about the first time or if it takes 100 tries the first time would it take something close to 100 tries every time you try it?
Modified only does those two things, except now you can also use TCP Gecko with Loadiine.

It just needs to get to that sweet spot and, for most, it takes a long time for the Wii U to find it lol. I actually know of one guy that it worked the very first time he ran it. Just luck of the draw. But no, once you get it working, as long as you don't clear your internet browser settings, it'll work somewhere around 80-90% of the time on the first try after that.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't Super Mario Maker itself come with 5.4.0? Not at all surprised that the consoles shipped with it are also as up to date as the games were at the time of printing.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

I2ichardt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't Super Mario Maker itself come with 5.4.0? Not at all surprised that the consoles shipped with it are also as up to date as the games were at the time of printing.
It did not come with super Mario maker installed. I had to go on the store and enter a code to download it. Before I even did that the console was on 5.4.0

LNX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One HUGE correction. I got a new Wii U Mario Kart 8 bundle and it's already on FW 5.4.0 so I'm likely screwed.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It did not come with super Mario maker installed. I had to go on the store and enter a code to download it. Before I even did that the console was on 5.4.0
Ah I see. Thanks for info.

One HUGE correction. I got a new Wii U Mario Kart 8 bundle and it's already on FW 5.4.0 so I'm likely screwed.
Physical disc or preinstalled? Return it, sell it, or be patient!

I2ichardt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only posted here so it could be added to the bundle fw thing in the guide. I'm not complaining. 5.5.0 will be rooted/jailbroken at some point I'm sure. :-)

Reactions: fiveighteen

Ryuiku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only posted here so it could be added to the bundle fw thing in the guide. I'm not complaining. 5.5.0 will be rooted/jailbroken at some point I'm sure. :-)
you didnt answer the question. and this has already been on the guide. scroll down from seeing the original mario kart 8 bundle and you'd see that there was another shipment, which had 5.4.0. the new one had it pre-installed. the old one had the disc. hence he asked pre-installed or disc. also, we dont root/jailbreak, these arent phones being hacked. this is just simply hacking if you want an overall term. also, 5.5.0 is definately going to be hacked, its been made just not released :)

Last edited by Ryuiku,

I2ichardt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you didnt answer the question. and this has already been on the guide. scroll down from seeing the original mario kart 8 bundle and you'd see that there was another shipment, which had 5.4.0. the new one had it pre-installed. the old one had the disc. hence he asked pre-installed or disc. also, we dont root/jailbreak, these arent phones being hacked. this is just simply hacking if you want an overall term. also, 5.5.0 is definately going to be hacked, its been made just not released :)
Who is talking about Mario kart?
Edit: Your confusing me with the other guy.

Last edited by I2ichardt,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this got mixed up quickly...

@I2ichardt, my second quote wasn't in response to you, it was to @LNX. I know you weren't complaining lol, and I don't think LNX was either.

LNX has the MK8 bundle, not I2ichardt, but good points otherwise ;)

juzz0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have purchased a copy of YWW and I'm trying to determine whether or not it is a reprint.

(From the guide)

"Original print YWW:

Disc Bottom: WUP-P-AYCE 00 JPN S0"

My Disc bottom rim is WUP-P-AYCP-00 JPN S0

Also the has around the bottom rim 515D1501 and also E2 (or 'F2') in white and some other code IFPLL39.

What's odd is that the case/cover says TBA-WUP-AYCP-AUS, outside disc rim says WUP-P-AYCP-EUR-0 but the inside of the disc rim is WUP-P-AYCP-00 JPN S0

Anyone know what any of this means? Don't want to risk inserting the disc yet until I know what I'm dealing with.

The disc appears German ("USK ab freigegeben"?) while the game case is definitely Australian (also has a code next to the barcode: 991571700) and the disc seems Japanese.

Edit: I have purchased it second hand off eBay and the seller told me he purchased it close to release date. It originally came with an amiibo but he just sold me the game for $50.

Also want to make sure that the discs aren't RW in any way (might sound like a novice question). Say a machine has 5.5.0, the disc won't auto-write the most recent FW when inserted into that machine. May sound silly as they are most likely non-RW but just want to make sure because the seller had 5.5.0 updated on his machine (he wasn't sure whether it was a disk or net based update he didn't care/notice).

A backstory: I purchased Premium Black preinstalled MK8 and it had 5.1.2 on it and I am trying to safely upgrade to 5.3.2 using a game-based update.

The disc (German) and case (Australian) seem different so I'm not sure whether I can trust the seller, anyone have a Euro YWW with 5.3.2?

Attachments

• IMG_7883.JPG
    IMG_7883.JPG
    738.9 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_7887.JPG
    IMG_7887.JPG
    783.2 KB · Views: 172
  • $_12.JPG
    $_12.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 167
Last edited by juzz0,
D

Deleted-355425

I have purchased a copy of YWW and I'm trying to determine whether or not it is a reprint.

(From the guide)

"Original print YWW:

Also the has around the bottom rim 515D1501 and also E2 (or 'F2') in white and some other code IFPLL39.

What's odd is that the case/cover says TBA-WUP-AYCP-AUS, outside disc rim says WUP-P-AYCP-EUR-0 but the inside of the disc rim is WUP-P-AYCP-00 JPN S0

Anyone know what any of this means? Don't want to risk inserting the disc yet until I know what I'm dealing with.

The disc appears German ("USK ab freigegeben"?) while the game case is definitely Australian (also has a code next to the barcode: 991571700) and the disc seems Japanese.

Edit: I have purchased it second hand off eBay and the seller told me he purchased it close to release date. It originally came with an amiibo but he just sold me the game for $50.

Also want to make sure that the discs aren't RW in any way (might sound like a novice question). Say a machine has 5.5.0, the disc won't auto-write the most recent FW when inserted into that machine. May sound silly as they are most likely non-RW but just want to make sure because the seller had 5.5.0 updated on his machine (he wasn't sure whether it was a disk or net based update he didn't care/notice).

A backstory: I purchased Premium Black preinstalled MK8 and it had 5.1.2 on it and I am trying to safely upgrade to 5.3.2 using a game-based update.

The disc (German) and case (Australian) seem different so I'm not sure whether I can trust the seller, anyone have a Euro YWW with 5.3.2?
You could always send it to a friend who's on 5.3.2 and see if it asks for a system update, if not then it's safe to use.

juzz0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You could always send it to a friend who's on 5.3.2 and see if it asks for a system update, if not then it's safe to use.

Good idea, I don't know anyone around in my city who is on 5.3.2 though. Anybody from Sydney, Australia?

mark.m.moran

Trophies
XP
Country

(From the guide)

"Original print YWW:

Or you could stay on 5.1.2 like me and wait for the full IOSU exploit ;-)

PS: Once we get the full exploit do you think we will be able to block disc updates like we were able to do with the original Wii??

D

Deleted-355425

Or you could stay on 5.1.2 like me and wait for the full IOSU exploit ;-)

PS: Once we get the full exploit do you think we will be able to block disc updates like we were able to do with the original Wii??

With IOSU you can just have an emulated nand and update that to use so it won't matter about disc updates.

greenvalor7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded and self hosted the modified kernel exploit using the "DefinitivePackage-20151029.zip". I can run the exploit just fine without error but when I go back into the browser to run Dumpiine the browser just freezes and I have to do a hard shutdown. The Dumpiine is also self hosted using the same definitive package.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? I tried taking a dump for 30min last night and nothing came out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC