Homebrew The bootroms

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I thought a9lh couldn't be patched without hardware revision so what's the point?
a9lh can't be removed, but it requires an existing arm9 exploit to install it (which is why we downgrade to 9.2). They've already patched all non hardmod/fieldrunners downgrading on 11.0+ (forever), and it's only a matter of time before the patch hardmod downgrading.

Bootrom exploit wouldn't need downgrading (could be used on all FWs), but depending on the nature of the exploit might require specialized hardware.

This is only speculation; we don't know if there's an exploit, and if there was what it would require.

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I thought a9lh couldn't be patched without hardware revision so what's the point?

A9LH is protected by CFWs. Without them, is vulnerable (try restoring the NAND with Decrypt9). And if i'm reading right, a BOOTROM hack can't be patched or wiped out via software unlike A9LH.

Last edited by Autz,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
a9lh can't be removed, but it requires an existing arm9 exploit to install it (which is why we downgrade to 9.2). They've already patched all non hardmod/fieldrunners downgrading on 11.0+ (forever), and it's only a matter of time before the patch hardmod downgrading.

Bootrom exploit wouldn't need downgrading (could be used on all FWs), but depending on the nature of the exploit might require specialized hardware.

This is only speculation; we don't know if there's an exploit, and if there was what it would require.

runetoonxx2

GBATemp's Cancer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it can't (without a hardware revision or a clumsy mistake by a noob), but it prevents more bricks
a bootrom exploit could prevent ALL bricks, I think.
Decrypt9 sysnand restore to reverse bricks atm is about the same isn't it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh kk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4