Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
So I was on the homepage, and this ad appeared:
Screenshot_2022-02-14-10-32-27.jpeg

You know, the stack of money & a surprised man already screams SCAM ALERT!!!!!!!!!

How about you stop letting these ads be displayed on the website?

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are numerous ways to avoid trackers and ads (both targeted and indiscriminate) on any device you can access the web from... Not sure why anyone's inability to safely navigate the internet tracker/ad free is anyone else's problem besides that users, but I guess some people just want anybody else to bend over backwards to accommodate them rather than put in any effort themselves.

Reactions: Citizen_404

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
View attachment 298093
You know, the stack of money & a surprised man already screams SCAM ALERT!!!!!!!!!

This just looks like every YouTube video thumbnail. Just your average clickbait, nothing to see here, move on.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
View attachment 298093

If you do not like the scam ADs we serve up to all our members then there is a simple way to stop them.

Pay us money and we will remove them. That means we profit and win either way.

So either click on the scam AD and give them your bank and credit card details or give your credit card details to me.

Which one will it be?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I was getting scam ads also via Facebook ads and when I reported them, they stopped appearing instantly.
Facebook is big into data collection. They tailor their ads to each user. They even have a button you can click if you don't want to see an ad and they'll show you other ads instead. This is not a good thing, it just gives them more data in order to show people ads they are interested in to increase the click rate and their profits. GBAtemp is not in the data business, their setup doesn't work this way, and the ad network they're using probably doesn't even allow such a thing to work, but at least you can rest easy knowing that your data as an individual user is not being used to profile you to serve you "better" ads.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus just ignore the AD and move on. In what possible way could it matter unless you are dumb enough to fall for the scam? You are making a big deal outta nothing.

Anyway if it fucks you off that much you can simply pay to remove the adverts or you can use any number of free android ad blockers to remove adverts from the site.

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly just report any scam ads you see and wait for them to be removed. Alternatively, support the site by donating or use an ad blocker, the choice is yours. its not that difficult, nor is it that big of a deal. The ads that a populated are done so by a third party company and I imagine its an automated process so unless someone reports a scammy/malicous ad it will remain there. That being said, no need to post about it here on the forums. You have several options to deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: colonel, I'm trying to sneak around +1