• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Tennessee poised to ban public drag shows, hormone therapy for children

Status
Not open for further replies.

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who exactly is attacking lbgtq as a whole?
*sigh* I give up, you're clearly not listening to a single word I'm saying.
One last try: As simple as possible: This law isn't built to protect children, this law is being used to scrutinize the whole LGBT+ community. if it were for protection, they wouldn't be making a whole ass law on something that can easily just be covered by in-place laws.

caipora

cheese eating lactose intolerant
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And you know what happens when we do that? We get called homophobic for calling lgbt people those words, even though we are calling out the exact individuals responsible.
And you know what you should do? You stand up your ground and point out the individual's inconsistenses and fallacies.
"not all lgbt people are pedophiles" like no shit i didn't say they were.
Yeah, you may did not but there's some people on this comment sections that were, acting like that pedophilic behavior is inherent on the community, and that's the only reason i came up and started to post these comments.
We get called homophobic
I didn't call you that, i actually didn't call you anything. Why don't you just shrug your shoulder if you already know that you're right and did not discriminated anyone?
Do you know what's really tiring and frustrating? Being addressed as a groomer which, again, i know you did not, but there's a LOT of people who do that, some are on this same comment section, that do. There'll be people who will try to stab at any step you do, but that'll happen anywhere, anytime in your life. This kind of shit happens, unfortunately.
flying monkeys
That's new, i like it.

Reactions: Xzi

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohhg yes! Of course!
Gay people get married = pedophiles are good to go.
This still makes no sense your absolute lunatic.
There's a shitton of priests and pastors who are convicted for pedophilia and grooming, but that does not make it a problem of christianity. Why would this be the case with the LGBT+ community?
Post automatically merged:
It made it a problem for the Catholic Church. The Pope himself had to get involved. You guys were pretty loud fighting for gay rights. Why can't you be equally loud in fighting against pedo's? Hmmm...
Who the fuck said anything about physical harm???? Lol
Your threat was a little too on the nose.
What
???
How do you keep coming up with stuff that did not happen at all?? Are you schizophrenic?
It's a little late to be projecting now.

Yes, you did. You just put a lot of layers on top of everything you say so it looks like you haven't said anything.
Anyway... Fuck this thread, shit is making me lose braincells at this point.
You don't have to announce you are leaving and stomp out of the room. That's what children do when their parents say no. So go sit in the corner until you learn how to talk to people as an adult.

caipora

cheese eating lactose intolerant
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It made it a problem for the Catholic Church. The Pope himself had to get involved. You guys were pretty loud fighting for gay rights. Why can't you be equally loud in fighting against pedo's? Hmmm...

Your threat was a little too on the nose.

It's a little late to be projecting now.

You don't have to announce you are leaving and stomp out of the room. That's what children do when their parents say no. So go sit in the corner until you learn how to talk to people as an adult.
lol
Ain't arguing with you again, pal. Have a good night.

Reactions: Xzi

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If you don't agree with them entirely, then you're a libtard fuckwit that doesn't know a damn thing, and the proceed to prove it with a bunch of argumentative fallacies that don't equate to anything other than equating something along the lines of this example of drag shows to exclusively being about dicks and balls falling out of thongs in front of kids (and then try to "prove" their point by showing a bunch of curated content from creators, clearly pandering to their type and bashing "liberals" with extreme examples, which are pretty bad mind you, but it's that vocal minority mentality, where one or two examples means the whole population)

That's a mouthful. You are making a claim about me that is simply untrue. I'll allow you to back it up with evidence. I know the words said are a lot to think about, and sometimes it can be confusing as to who said what. So I won't interpret you as being malicious. I've posted my position, and instead of addressing it, you are making false claims about what I do. I don't call people libtards or fuckwits and I have not posted any curated content "bashing 'liberals'".

That being said, I don't think it's a good idea to expose young children to drag shows. Just like I don't think it's a good idea to expose young children to burlesque shows, or anything like that. I understand that a good chunk of drag shows aren't inherently sexual or anything like that, I do think it does have to do with more mature content not suitable to younger children.

The part I disagree with here is that drag is not inherently sexual. The performer, at least, sexualizes themselves if only by the sheer intent of manipulating how their sex/gender is perceived.

Reactions: TraderPatTX

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The part I disagree with here is that drag is not inherently sexual. The performer, at least, sexualizes themselves if only by the sheer intent of manipulating how their sex/gender is perceived.
To each their own. I personally don't agree, but I'm not going to try and change your mind on that. it's clear that it's already been made, and it would be pointless to argue on your morals. Someone else on this thread pointed out that men have been dressing in Women's clothes for centuries, particularly women weren't even allowed in plays at one point, so "dressing in drag" isn't inherently sexual, but again, I digress.

That's a mouthful. You are making a claim about me that is simply untrue. I'll allow you to back it up with evidence. I know the words said are a lot to think about, and sometimes it can be confusing as to who said what. So I won't interpret you as being malicious. I've posted my position, and instead of addressing it, you are making false claims about what I do. I don't call people libtards or fuckwits and I have not posted any curated content "bashing 'liberals'".
It's called a generalized statement, Sure you may have not called anybody a fuckwit or a libtard, but it's always these political posts where you always bash someone for having a liberal stance on something. therefore it's implied. Just because you literally didn't call anybody those words, doesn't make an arguement untrue, and it you really do believe in that, then you're just grasping at straws to make your statement true.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To each their own. I personally don't agree, but I'm not going to try and change your mind on that. it's clear that it's already been made, and it would be pointless to argue on your morals. Someone else on this thread pointed out that men have been dressing in Women's clothes for centuries, particularly women weren't even allowed in plays at one point, so "dressing in drag" isn't inherently sexual, but again, I digress.
Men weren't wearing thongs and twerking 400 years ago in the theatre. I've posted numerous videos of drag shows of a sexual nature. So far, nobody has posted videos of drag shows of a nonsexual nature.
It's called a generalized statement, Sure you may have not called anybody a fuckwit or a libtard, but it's always these political posts where you always bash someone for having a liberal stance on something. therefore it's implied. Just because you literally didn't call anybody those words, doesn't make an arguement untrue, and it you really do believe in that, then you're just grasping at straws to make your statement true.
Does this also apply when people get called fascist, homophobe, nazi, transphobe, and racist? I can just say that you believe that even though you've never literally called anybody those names. The left has a real problem with the concept of innocent until proven guilty and due process.

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Men weren't wearing thongs and twerking 400 years ago in the theatre. I've posted numerous videos of drag shows of a sexual nature. So far, nobody has posted videos of drag shows of a nonsexual nature.

Does this also apply when people get called fascist, homophobe, nazi, transphobe, and racist? I can just say that you believe that even though you've never literally called anybody those names. The left has a real problem with the concept of innocent until proven guilty and due process.
first point: you're relating a very specific form of drag that is 100 percent not okay for minors to view and I'm not arguing about that, it's wrong and fucked up, but you're also posting videos from very specific sources who seek that shit out and make it like it's a big deal. that's the problem with being stuck in an echo chamber.
Second point: I don't think you're a fascist, and as I've stated before, though not in this specific thread, I'd probably get along with you just fine if I met you outside of this forum. I do think it's a problem to immeidately label everyone like that, because of the way social media is, it's become all too common to jump to this conclusion. I don't agree with your politics, but that doesn't mean I think you're the worst person in the world. We've interacted outside of these politics discussions just fine before. You can't say that I believe that, because I really don't. I think your world views are skewed, but ultimately, that's none of my business.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

You don't realize that you are admitting so, but drag stems from issues regarding sex and gender. This isn't an argument about morality. It's technicality. You are retro-actively looking backwards to point out how much "cleaner" drag was than it is now, but at that time it was heated, progressive, and confrontational on the matter.

The moral argument is if, even then, children should have been subjugated to it.

I don't bash anyone for having a liberal stance. Your interpretation of me is unaccountable. If you find a problem with something I said, I encourage you to try to address that instead reducing this conversation to a binary issue.

Last edited by tabzer,

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't realize that you are admitting so, but drag stems from issues regarding sex and gender. This isn't an argument about morality. It's technicality. You are retro-actively looking backwards to point out how much "cleaner" drag was than it is now, but at that time it was heated, progressive, and confrontational on the matter.

I don't bash anyone for having a liberal stance. Your interpretation of me is unaccountable. If you find a problem with something I said, I encourage you to try to address that instead reducing this conversation to a binary issue.
"I don't bash anyone for having a liberal stance" *comes and starts immediately shitting on Xzi on literally every post they comment on. Riiiiight. you don't bash on liberals, not at all. You start bashing on someone defending the LGBT+ community and start inferring that they're "groomers" just because you don't agree with them. Right, totally not bashing liberals.

"You don't realize that you're admitting so..." I realize exactly what I'm admitting to. Just because something has to do with gender, or cross dressing doesn't make it sexual, and it seems like you can't get past that fact. you're meaning to tell me that because my son might wear a pink shirt, or pretend play with some women's clothing means it's sexual? come on. What's the difference? One's grown up and one's not? or are you still stuck on "balls sticking out of thongs?" becaus again, they're two different things.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first point: you're relating a very specific form of drag that is 100 percent not okay for minors to view and I'm not arguing about that, it's wrong and fucked up, but you're also posting videos from very specific sources who seek that shit out and make it like it's a big deal. that's the problem with being stuck in an echo chamber.
Then post from your own echo chamber. Everybody is free to counter any of my arguments with video evidence. Strange that nobody has.
Second point: I don't think you're a fascist, and as I've stated before, though not in this specific thread, I'd probably get along with you just fine if I met you outside of this forum. I do think it's a problem to immeidately label everyone like that, because of the way social media is, it's become all too common to jump to this conclusion. I don't agree with your politics, but that doesn't mean I think you're the worst person in the world. We've interacted outside of these politics discussions just fine before. You can't say that I believe that, because I really don't. I think your world views are skewed, but ultimately, that's none of my business.
I also do not believe you are a bad person and I can probably have a drink with you. I've tried finding common ground with the same people who attack me here on the daily. Actually @Xzi and I found much common ground, but I draw the line at defending adults sexualizing children. I'm not going to pretend to get along with anybody who supports that, even in a libertarian way. That should be a topic we can all agree on, especially the parents among us.

I'd be curious which of my views you feel are skewed as I'm prepared to defend all of my positions, preferably in a cordial manner.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
"I don't bash anyone for having a liberal stance" *comes and starts immediately shitting on Xzi on literally every post they comment on. Riiiiight. you don't bash on liberals, not at all. You start bashing on someone defending the LGBT+ community and start inferring that they're "groomers" just because you don't agree with them. Right, totally not bashing liberals.

Bashing someone who calls themselves a liberal (I don't think he is) isn't an assault on liberals. I specifically target the rhetoric.

"You don't realize that you're admitting so..." I realize exactly what I'm admitting to. Just because something has to do with gender, or cross dressing doesn't make it sexual, and it seems like you can't get past that fact. you're meaning to tell me that because my son might wear a pink shirt, or pretend play with some women's clothing means it's sexual? come on. What's the difference? One's grown up and one's not? or are you still stuck on "balls sticking out of thongs?" becaus again, they're two different things.

Simply calling something "women's" clothing or associating pink with sex/binary-gender is perpetuating of sexualization. It may not be as obtuse, profane, or even socially rejected. I think you prefer to hang out on the surface because the nuance is too difficult for you to grasp.

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then post from your own echo chamber. Everybody is free to counter any of my arguments with video evidence. Strange that nobody has.

I also do not believe you are a bad person and I can probably have a drink with you. I've tried finding common ground with the same people who attack me here on the daily. Actually @Xzi and I found much common ground, but I draw the line at defending adults sexualizing children. I'm not going to pretend to get along with anybody who supports that, even in a libertarian way. That should be a topic we can all agree on, especially the parents among us.

I'd be curious which of my views you feel are skewed as I'm prepared to defend all of my positions, preferably in a cordial manner.
My echo chamber? The biggest thing I can give you is some personal evidence on that one. All of the people I know are absolutely against any of this, and they would immediately bash them out of any drag circle here locally if they did that shit. I've been to a drag show once, did not enjoy it all that much, but I assure you, not a single one of them were acting sexual toward anyone, the worst thing they may have done was wink while signing a song. I know that's not a great sample size either. However, I can at least state that in my position of life, I've met plenty of drag kings and queens, and not a single one of them condone this type of heinous behavior. My wife is also kinda part of that circle, and I catch some of the stuff she watches vicariously, and none of them condone flashing your junk at a child, or trying to shove drag shows down their throat. Again, it's not anything particularly linked, but I assure you, I've never met a single person into the drag circle that condones this behavior. The people that do that shit are predatory and should be dealt with accordingly, but that shouldn't justify making a law specifically targeting drag shows. Like I stated before, I'd rather see Tennessee rework the laws to include 18+ drag shows as part of the adult entertainment block instead of putting laws on the books specifically discriminating drag shows. It's more the wording than anything I have an issue with, and who knows, maybe this article was published to get that rise. I'll admit that.

In terms of your skewed views, its not an objective thing, it's a subjective thing, I'm more or stating that you and I don't see face-to-face on a lot of things, and that's quite alright, and as I stated, it's not really any of my business if you think or feel differently.

Bashing someone who calls themselves a liberal (I don't think he is) isn't an assault on liberals. I specifically target the rhetoric.

Simply calling something "women's" clothing or associating pink with sex/binary-gender is perpetuating of sexualization. It may not be as obtuse, profane, or even socially rejected. I think you prefer to hang out on the surface because the nuance is too difficult for you to grasp.
One can say the same about you because you keep equating drag shows as a purely sexual thing, and clearly not seeing the nuance of the whole topic in general, but I digress.
Sure, maybe it is sexualization, but that's a straw-man and you're equating someone wearing clothes commonly associated to an opposite gender to genatalia hanging out in front of children, they are not one in the same.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
My echo chamber? The biggest thing I can give you is some personal evidence on that one. All of the people I know are absolutely against any of this, and they would immediately bash them out of any drag circle here locally if they did that shit. I've been to a drag show once, did not enjoy it all that much, but I assure you, not a single one of them were acting sexual toward anyone, the worst thing they may have done was wink while signing a song. I know that's not a great sample size either. However, I can at least state that in my position of life, I've met plenty of drag kings and queens, and not a single one of them condone this type of heinous behavior. My wife is also kinda part of that circle, and I catch some of the stuff she watches vicariously, and none of them condone flashing your junk at a child, or trying to shove drag shows down their throat. Again, it's not anything particularly linked, but I assure you, I've never met a single person into the drag circle that condones this behavior. The people that do that shit are predatory and should be dealt with accordingly, but that shouldn't justify making a law specifically targeting drag shows. Like I stated before, I'd rather see Tennessee rework the laws to include 18+ drag shows as part of the adult entertainment block instead of putting laws on the books specifically discriminating drag shows. It's more the wording than anything I have an issue with, and who knows, maybe this article was published to get that rise. I'll admit that.

In terms of your skewed views, its not an objective thing, it's a subjective thing, I'm more or stating that you and I don't see face-to-face on a lot of things, and that's quite alright, and as I stated, it's not really any of my business if you think or feel differently.
A slight fair warning. (You did explain really well)
Traderpat has admitted in the past to just skimming posts.
I admit that I do skim through your walls of gibberish. It doesn't make what you say right.
He did it with me when I would explain things. Granted. I'm not you, and our styles are different, but I figured I should give a heads up.

Reactions: Xzi and mituzora

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
One can say the same about you because you keep equating drag shows as a purely sexual thing, and clearly not seeing the nuance of the whole topic in general, but I digress.

I haven't equated drag shows as purely sexual. Again, I'd like you to target things I've actually said. For the moral argument, despite the sexualizing, it's still baggage that children shouldn't be responsible for.

Sure, maybe it is sexualization, but that's a straw-man and you're equating someone wearing clothes commonly associated to an opposite gender to genatalia hanging out in front of children, they are not one in the same.

No I'm not. I mentioned why legislation against drag shows being made available to children would make sense. If you want to look back at what I said on the matter, I'd be happy to address that. How come every time you accuse me of doing something, you do the thing that you are accusing me of in order to do so?

erikas

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, you may did not but there's some people on this comment sections that were, acting like that pedophilic behavior is inherent on the community, and that's the only reason i came up and started to post these comments.
Please call them out by name then. And don't bring them up to me, i didn't tell anyone to say that.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've posted twice as many videos showing the opposite of your one experience. Feel free to search the internet, because I'm not apt to just take people at their word around here, as you shouldn't just take my word for things I say. If you disagree with anything I say, I encourage you to go research it yourself.

When it comes to sexualizing children, I don't care about nuance.
So you admit it is sexualization, yet still make excuses for the behavior. That doesn't sound like something someone who is against any of this would say.

A slight fair warning. (You did explain really well)
Traderpat has admitted in the past to just skimming posts.
I admitted to skimming your posts because yours are neurotic and filled with words at different fonts, a lack in punctuation, run on sentences and rarely convey a coherent idea. I read other people's posts just fine.

Please call them out by name then. And don't bring them up to me, i didn't tell anyone to say that.
@caipora is too weak to call me out by name.

Last edited by TraderPatTX,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet +1