Hacking Discussion Team Xecuter Switch SX

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm afraid this will just kill the spirit of the homebrew. Just YouTube be /Z8TSo3lIK00

All the fun, all the things being made for the scene, will die just because some people just want to make profit from piracy. A real shame.

"homebrew" yes thats the reason why I have been waiting so I can play some u finished games with stolen sprites on my Switch. Lol 99% want piracy.

Reactions: dspair

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is just 25-30$ then they are absolutely selling this rapidly for a quick buck before it is completely obsolete, between this just being a glorified FG implementation and Atmosphere coming soon, there's no reason to pay for what will be/already is free. Their grandstanding about Kate not knowing what she was talking about was absolutely nothing more than grandstanding.

They are, as we all thought and knew, leveraging a zero-day for profit. Fortunately, others actually did their due diligence to report it.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats my only gripe atm. The dongle can be knocked or if you drop the switch, well ouch etc. I would prefer a permanent cfw ultimately
People need to use their heads
It's either a dongle or being tethered to your computer. The dongle is only used at boot it removed after it boots the payload

What's so inconvenient about that?

Solitario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Am I missing something? A cable needs to be connected to something on both ends:
- the switch
- payload deliverer

I don't see a single situation where a dongle wouldn't be better, if it has the delivery built in. Besides, a lot of phones don't support payload delivery.
okay now let's see the price to eliminate the cable if it is not more than $ 50 usd ^^

eXhumer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There will be more than one varient of the product I think. Got this from their forums. The last part says "SX Family of products", suggesting more than one varient of the product.

"More info soon, we finish the launch site, clean up these forums, setup a better mod team here, and make some changes around here so we can support our new growing SX Family of products!
smile.png
"

realjumy

Woooosh!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you support the buying and selling of used games?

It depends. Individuals buying and selling is cool. CEX and CashConverters paying you 2 quids for a game and then selling it for £25, it's not cool. But in any case, at some point the developer has seen some money. With TX's dongle the only money developers see is the one from the 1st copy of thousands being used. But again, this is not just a matter of piracy, as I tried to explain to @kazakiTheOtaku.

Reactions: Aerogems

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or just wait for a free cold boot exploit

But who knows how long we may have to wait for one of those that doesn't require another device of some sort to connect with. If the choice for the foreseeable future is between a small and simple dongle like this vs always needing to do some extra stuff on a nearby computer (even perhaps my phone); I'm personally going to be inclined to go for the dongle. If however they get it all self contained like the 3DS, no other device necessary beyond your micro-sd card, then of course we'd all prefer to opt for that I think, but I've seen no indication that something like that is on the horizon, but by all means if there is word on something like this, let me know, I'm not the most up to date in the Switch scene, so I very well may have missed word on this.

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It depends. Individuals buying and selling is cool. CEX and CashConverters paying you 2 quids for a game and then selling it for £25, it's not cool. But in any case, at some point the developer has seen some money. With TX's dongle the only money developers see is the one from the 1st copy of thousands being used. But again, this is not just a matter of piracy, as I tried to explain to @kazakiTheOtaku.
I..never said it was just about piracy. That wasn't even remotely my argument.

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
its not about that , i think its not right for them to suck the money off people

and when X only found a way to play backups and the rest is stolen
they did that themselves
and they do not force anyone to buy it

3 weeks after release later X donate this solution by someones leak
i think after that not many people will buy it

Last edited by loler55,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone will create the same payload that will be launched through PC to USB C so im gonna have to pass on this one unfortunately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol