Hacking Discussion Team Xecuter Switch SX

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its out of stock. There was an add-to-cart option to buy right when it started selling today. 10 minutes later, it was gone. So yeah, its out of stock.

That's not what happened. They put the product page up and had to edit the quantity afterwards, which is why the add to cart button was there. No one is able to preorder on that site yet.

Come on. Stop being hard headed

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, my young apprentice - I am your father...
The reason why I want this is that I am used to better hacks, meember the PSP or are you too young? Ever heard of the Wii? I am not ditching the current hacks or even stating I am the king of the Universe, but it is not something many people will use, I think, if they have to go out of their way just to boot the damn hack. It needs to be relatively hassle-free, to reach a wider audience, which is what we want = more homebrew. If it takes a modchip, so be it, but please let it not be an external dongle.

"Hey honey - should we play some homebrew on the Switch?"

"Sure, let's wait for the next full moon, hook it up it up with the jig and the dongle. I'll be sure to stand one leg singing "Britannia rules the waves" in a dimly lit environment while booting the exploit"
Those consoles are the exception, not the norm. You can't just wave a wand and have better hacks show up. You just have to work with what bugs the system has. If the system does not have a bug that allows persistent coldboot exploits, then you can't just make them happen. That's not how it works.

Amabo

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The first day when this news came out, I bought one sur 3ds-linker.com with a price low as 29.99€ haha !
Then the next day, its price rises to nearly 48€.
I'm so lucky :P:P:P

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck Team Xecuter, they are selling us the payload for $25, I hope a hero buy it and leak it here
Shut up, Flanders. Leaking it won’t do anything with atmosphere cfw coming. Seeing as that’s open source, someone will make a branch of atmosphere with backup loading capabilities.

Broksamson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This whole thing has me worried for the scene and how it will go down in the future. What if all of the developers start charging for their cfw's and packages? Are we really going to have to deal with DRM in jailbreak software? Just makes my skin crawl.

Work to open the systems up and if you make hardware profit off of it. Otherwise ask for donations and work on making the scene better. DRM in the CFW/launcher in any way is a horrible idea.

Reactions: Centergaming

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This whole thing has me worried for the scene and how it will go down in the future. What if all of the developers start charging for their cfw's and packages? Are we really going to have to deal with DRM in jailbreak software? Just makes my skin crawl.

Work to open the systems up and if you make hardware profit off of it. Otherwise ask for donations and work on making the scene better. DRM in the CFW/launcher in any way is a horrible idea.
Tx has been a business for over a decade now
They're in it for profit. Simple. Get over it

Broksamson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Got it no opinions on DRM on this board. Will be sure to keep my mouth shut.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

PS, they can make a profit on the dongle just fine without drm in the cfw

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it no opinions on DRM on this board. Will be sure to keep my mouth shut.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

dunno why youre whining when a open sourced solution will be released by reswitched as well

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Meh for everyone whining 20 people are ordering. I like the idea of the dongle to launch payloads, I'm surprised there's not a larger difference between just the OS and the kit. It doesn't really make sense to just buy the OS.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh for everyone whining 20 people are ordering. I like the idea of the dongle to launch payloads, I'm surprised there's not a larger difference between just the OS and the kit. It doesn't really make sense to just buy the OS.
The "license" inculded in the kit is a single system use only. So, if your family own multiple switch systems you only need one dongle, but will need multiple "OS licenses"... It's all a money scheme.

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
The "license" inculded in the kit is a single system use only. So, if your family own multiple switch systems you only need one dongle, but will need multiple "OS licenses"... It's all a money scheme.
Yep but it's a portable system, so the chance of the multiple switches being permanently together seems odd. I would be buying a dongle per switch or else you have tethered one switch to another or multiple switches to one dongle. For $10 f**K that

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
People sometimes are so cheap, if you want piracy now pay 40 dollars, its like 2/3 of a game per console, so 3 switches would be 2 games bought, that is nothing if you have 3 switches to begin with

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep but it's a portable system, so the chance of the multiple switches being permanently together seems odd. I would be buying a dongle per switch or else you have tethered one switch to another or multiple switches to one dongle. For $10 f**K that
Why should they be permanently together again? The dongle is only needed when people reboot the switch, which rarely happens since people just put them to sleep and charge them again.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Indeed, and they had all that, and they had the "best dongle" (for the time being), and the goodwill - and they chose to throw all that away - to make even more money.

To sell you the idea, of "if you have two Switches - you can buy two software licenses" - as something righteously good.

And at this point its not about a "people have to make money" argument (because most people do, by tricking others in one way or form - see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doctor's_Dilemma_(play) ;) ) - its now a matter of principal, and them actively working against the "best outcome".

Thats the philosophical argument, the practical one is - Holy S, their ecosystem driving decisions are just primarily bad... ;)

Last edited by notimp,

Trantor67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
for a future Q&A we prepared this (which is based on your question):

Q: Which file format does SX OS support?
A: We support both FAT32 and exFAT, SX OS v1.0 doesn't support split ROMs. If you are on lower firmware you need to update your switch to 5.0.2 if you wants to play bigger games.
Split ROMs support will be added in a future update.

too bad update your switch to 5.0.2

Xplic1T

Trophies
XP
Country
What if I'm on low firmware ? Currently on 2.2.0 and 2.3.0. I'm guessing i cant play games requiring hire fw through the SX OS ?? Also what about sleep mode ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol +1