Hacking Discussion Team Xecuter Switch SX

Kipz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel this Kipsz Guy is Just poor and can't afford a 30$ dongle. He is almost Fight die Blood to Defend Reswitches and / or AtmosAtmos xS
I can afford 30$ - that's "chump change" as another user put it. I just think it's dumb that anyone would support this when the alternative is free and better in EVERY SINGLE WAY.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Nobody is delaying anything because of a lack of competition. If they are, don't support them.
the point is, people act like some teams are in it for the scene and totally benevolent, when in quite a few instances they held back until its clear someone else is about to release first and get all the praise/profits, often they seem to show contempt for everyone and seem to enjoy the teasing and in some ways dangle threats to release a CFW simply to deter others from doing so

Reactions: peteruk

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Their stuff is closed source, and not out yet. AKA useless for the scene
Ever heard of reverse engineering?
Prime example already brought up in this mess of a thread, the mset vuln that was the basis of all 3DS hacking for the early years was made public by people taking apart Gateway's code.

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ehm, Android has a 87% market share, and pretty sure most people in here who enjoy customizing there stuff would go Android over IOS, so that's not a issue + u can already buy chips thay auto inject a payload for like $12 or less, paying $30-$70 for a chip+jig is not worth it, but if you want to buy it sure.
This scene is not like the ones we have lived before where only 1000 nerds have a low fw console (including myself :b). This exploit can’t be patched and therefore everyone has access to it. Not everyone cares about customizing stuff they just want to pirate games. I own a rooted android and I love customizing it, I have already hacked all of my consoles but I would prefer a plug and play solution. Hopefully there will be cheaper clones soon but I wouldn’t care about paying 18$ more for a device that will allow me to play any game I want, but this is just my opinion. Do you think that we will be able to use their payload without their “modchip”?

Kipz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the point is, people act like some teams are in it for the scene and totally benevolent, when in quite a few instances they held back until its clear someone else is about to release first and get all the praise/profits, often they seem to show contempt for everyone and seem to enjoy the teasing and in some ways dangle threats to release a CFW simply to deter others from doing so
ReSwitched hasn't done any of that sooo...

KingMuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, 30$ is nothing....but why waste money? You claimed to be a pirate but you're spending 30$ on something you could get for free....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can afford it. I just think its A. pointless and B. stupid that anyone is supporting it when you can do the same thing for free.

Let me explain myself further. Yes pirate in the sense that I'll download those games I think are interesting but that I wouldn't spend a penny on
unlike those games I absolutely am into and want to own physically and ETC. Everyone's a pirate period it doesn't matter if they "illegally" downloaded a song, movie, or an NES game.

Anywho I'm not going to make this into a shit fest of "OMG pirate or not" thread. Point being $30 is chump change and anyone with a minimum wage job can get
the $30 they need in like 3-4hrs of work. In all reality you don't get this for "free" because you need to own that phone, PC, ETC for the payload.

EDIT: I guess you can say we are paying the $30 for the convenience and more

Last edited by KingMuk,

Kipz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This scene is not like the ones we have lived before where only 1000 nerds have a low fw console (including myself :b). This exploit can’t be patched and therefore everyone has access to it. Not everyone cares about customizing stuff they just want to pirate games. I own a rooted android and I love customizing it, I have already hacked all of my consoles but I would prefer a plug and play solution. Hopefully there will be cheaper clones soon but I wouldn’t care about paying 18$ more for a device that will allow me to play any game I want, but this is just my opinion. Do you think that we will be able to use their payload without their “modchip”?
Just use your android phone and atmosphere. You'll get a backup loader in about a week after it releases, and it's 100% free and open source so not sketchy or risky.

Let me explain myself further. Yes pirate in the sense that I'll download those games I think are interesting but that I wouldn't spend a penny on
unlike those games I absolutely am into and want to own physically and ETC. Everyone's a pirate period it doesn't matter if they "illegally" downloaded a song, movie, or an NES game.

Anywho I'm not going to make this into a shit fest of "OMG pirate or not" thread. Point being $30 is chump change and anyone with a minimum wage job can get
the $30 they need in like 3-4hrs of work. In all reality you don't get this for "free" because you need to own that phone, PC, ETC for the payload.
$30 is chump change but you complain about needing a phone L M F A O kid

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know i sound petty, but i HOPE this bricks switches. Would serve these people right.

Their stuff is closed source, and not out yet. AKA useless for the scene and only useful for uninformed idiots who ONLY want piracy.
I hope your crappy jig and atmosphere bricks your switch

Kipz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This kipz guy must be Sciresm in disguise.
Why are people so intent on "calling me out" when i'm just promoting simple facts?

I hope your crappy jig and atmosphere bricks your switch
It's open source so probably not, and my jig is just as good as TX's so have fun hoping for nothing skiddo

Last edited by Kipz,
Reactions: Irastris

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are people so intent on "calling me out" when i'm just promoting simple facts?

It's open source so it wont happen, and my jig is just as good as TX's so have fun hoping for nothing skiddo

Yeah just like the open source Linux is messing up peoples batteries.

Kipz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbh I like sciresm back at the start of the 3ds scene he was quite helpful and he always seems quite open on what he is doing and why
ngl i wish i was sciresM in disguise....but i'm not.

Yeah just like the open source Linux is messing up peoples batteries.
Because of an issue we know exactly what it is, how it works, what causes it, and we've already got a suggested fix - because it's open source with not sketchy devs. Good comparison tho, real developers to TX

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just use your android phone and atmosphere. You'll get a backup loader in about a week after it releases, and it's 100% free and open source so not sketchy or risky.
I have been using my computer, android phone and linux to test every single payload :yayswitch:. I know that there will be a free backup loader but i like the idea of injecting the payload with that device and i need to buy a rcm jig anyway.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
This "opinion" is always the dumbest thing. Just because you feel that way, doesn't mean everyone feels the same way.
Many people I know don't pirate, but they sure as hell have homebrew on their consoles for save editing, customization, homebrew game ports, etc.
This "opinion" is always the dumbest thing. Just because you feel that way, doesn't mean everyone feels the same way.
Many people I know don't use homebrew, but they sure as hell have pirated games on their consoles for playing, because they cant get or have no money, etc.

Reactions: joten

SomeKindOfUsername

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only real bad thing here is that somebody is profiting directly from piracy, which is ironically dumb because a free piracy solution will eventually happen.

Anybody worried about the homebrew scene shouldn't be. fail0verflow said it best. Homebrew is like a little kid making a sand castles, it's charming but they aren't very good. The best and most valuable homebrew - emulators, save managers, media players, source ports, and piracy apps - will still be made. And the handful of people who do actually take a genuine interest in tinkering and whatnot will not be deterred by any of this.

Last edited by SomeKindOfUsername,
Reactions: Metoroid0

KingMuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

$30 is chump change but you complain about needing a phone L M F A O kid

What? When did I say I needed a phone? lol I'm pretty sure I said somewhere along the lines that your "Free" solution still requires a phone, PC, ETC
things that most people own BUT that still paid $$$ to obtain for the payload.

EDIT: and reading more and more of your replies to other people I can see that you are either trolling hard or just trying to trigger people.
Sorry big guy but that shit just isn't gonna fly here at least not with me. Nice try though ;D

Last edited by KingMuk,

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Kipz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? When did I say I needed a phone? lol I'm pretty sure I said somewhere along the lines that your "Free" solution still requires a phone, PC, ETC
things that most people own BUT that still paid $$$ to obtain for the payload.
Yes, you're comparing needing to pay 30$ for the dongle to having a smartphone - and if you own a switch but not a cell phone in 2018 you need to re-think your priorities.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/permanent-violet-screen-on-switch.503909/unread

LMAO
It's open source so it can't brick right?

Lol
Delusional
Already been discussed in the ReSwitched discord with smart people, that person used a 3rd party tool made not by reswitched, and tried to flash something bad to the NAND. Their fault.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: ERECTION!!! I mean OBJECTION!!!!