Team-Xecuter announces future-proof Switch exploit

Team-Xecuter revealed in a teaser a method to bypass all Switch security in a manner that they claim will never be patched by Nintendo and is compatible with every firmware available!

In the video, they show a custom boot image and have publicly posted the Stage2 Bootloader key (package 1.1) which has been confirmed to be legit as proof of their pwnage over the device.

This solution will work on ANY Nintendo Switch console regardless of the currently installed firmware, and will be completely future proof. This is *the* solution for opening up CFW (Custom FirmWare) on the Nintendo Switch. We want to move the community forward and provide a persistent, stable and fast method of running your own code and custom firmware patches on Nintendo's latest flagship product. And we think we've succeeded!

Below you can find a quick video showcasing a Nintendo Switch booting up, but there s something funny going on, can you spot it?

This is expected to be a DRM/paid "device", speculated to be a tx1 glitch style modchip that will enable CFW and full access to the system, which unfortunately(?) includes piracy.

A T-X forum admin expects release around Spring of 2018

:arrow:Source

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same can be said for the Wii U as well, as it was suffering in 3rd-party support partly because of the rampant piracy scene on the Wii.

Edit: Anyways I'm not saying in any way that I'm against the Switch being hacked to run backups...It's a doubled-sided sword; I'm just as happy as the next person to see the Switch hacked to run backups, but I'm also worried at the same time that it'll affect 3rd-party support in the future, since I'd also like to see good official games come out for it.

That's rediculous. 3rd parties don't drop support because of piracy. If that were true, HBO wouldn't even exist.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You don't really have a valid argument for not running Android other than "there's plenty of other devices that do that" when we've already established that there actually isn't.
There are. There's the Shield Portable/Tablet, GPD products, and a million Android phones/tablets with higher-end GPUs.

I honestly find it hard to believe that you really can't see any positives to having the entire Android library instantly available on the device.
I honestly find it hard to believe you think Android is worth a damn for gaming. If that was the case then Shield products would've sold way better than Switch and Nvidia never would've partnered with Nintendo.

...and without the portibility of a portable! :wacko:
Also without the cost or throttling. You think Saturn and N64 emulation won't lag on Switch if someone hacks together an Android port? They will. Doubly so if anyone can get them running portable. A Shield TV is the better option for demanding emulators. Saves you $100+ on a modchip and the wasted effort installing an OS you've surely got running on five other devices by now.

The prospect of running Steam games is intriguing, but running Android games is a downgrade from what Switch already does (lighter OS and newer games), even if you do factor in emulators.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Kioku

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team-Xecuter revealed in a teaser a method to bypass all Switch security in a manner that they claim will never be patched by Nintendo and is compatible with every firmware available!

In the video, they show a custom boot image and have publicly posted the Stage2 Bootloader key (package 1.1) which has been confirmed to be legit as proof of their pwnage over the device.

This is expected to be a DRM/paid "device", speculated to be a tx1 glitch style modchip that will enable CFW and full access to the system, which unfortunately(?) includes piracy.

A T-X forum admin expects release around Spring of 2018

:arrow:Source

so would this mean I'd have to solder the chip in the switch case? hopefully its not TOO difficult

cagycee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How pissed would everyone be if the modchip was $299.99 + tax? :P
Rather buy a computer at that price to run my everlasting emulators
giphy.gif

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As a matter of a fact, wouldn't it be nice to run Kodi on the Switch. I'd be really looking forward to this instead of getting amazon's firestick.

Reactions: Xzi

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
True, massive piracy drastically affects to third party support, just look at Sony's PS1, PS2 and PSP.

PS2 has a gigantic library with tons of 3rd party support.

Not really the best example to give ;')

GoodTofuFriday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if that is possible (dont know if it is) then maybe that is why they are talking about a 'high price' tag.
Cant recall the exact details, but it was laid out in detail at 34c3 during the switch hax talks. Nintendo had built up a lot of security, but thanks to the hardware bypass in the tegra x1, it meant nothing. And then nintendo messed up with how they handled sleep/wake mode, which also bypassed and granted access around security into the kernals trusted zone.

The sleep/wake may be possible to fix, but it seems pretty integrated into how the os was designed, imo at least.

The tegra part cannot be fixed. Maybe there is a way to disable it during manufacturing, but that would require to chnage the manufacturing process just for nintendo. And nvidia probably wont do that unless Nintendo ponys up money for what is then a custom chip.
Or Nintendo buys tegra x2 chips, which can run at x1 speeds with more battery life, or run faster with less battery. Thus call it "New Switch"

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm. Too bad piracy would happen this soon.
Yeah it is nice when something gets games first.

There are. There's the Shield Portable/Tablet, GPD products, and a million Android phones/tablets with higher-end GPUs.

I honestly find it hard to believe you think Android is worth a damn for gaming. If that was the case then Shield products would've sold way better than Switch and Nvidia never would've partnered with Nintendo.

Also without the cost or throttling. You think Saturn and N64 emulation won't lag on Switch if someone hacks together an Android port? They will. Doubly so if anyone can get them running portable. A Shield TV is the better option for demanding emulators. Saves you $100+ on a modchip and the wasted effort installing an OS you've surely got running on five other devices by now.

The prospect of running Steam games is intriguing, but running Android games is a downgrade from what Switch already does (lighter OS and newer games), even if you do factor in emulators.

If more games, more better, easy way to achieve a functional goal (I am the last person you have to sell the notion that android emulators are not highly optimised and feature rich to, however they do work and can play games suitably like their original devices which is all most want from an emulator) and it is not going to harm things are not selling it to you then maybe "for some it is a value adding proposition" will make some headway.

Though a Nintendo themed phone/tablet a la the kindle but Nintendo would have been an amazing thing from where I sit the mere porting of android seems like one of those things that really needs no objection.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should know by now that most of the temp doesn't.
I sure as hell know I don't

I'm sure it's a hardware solution... But I just can't see it being a modchip. The switch is super thin and tiny. And super delicate... hoping for a dongle of some sort

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm glad Xecuter is still around and is hopefully producing a new modchip. Call me oldskool, but I enjoy the soldering experience. I still have a few Xecuter3 XBOX 1 modchips laying around.

YOU DO???? I want another of those for my other OG XBOX.......

On Topic: Xecuter rox the box yet again, i cant wait. Hope its a proper old school modchip, software hacks are cool but wheres the sense of dread you get while soldering and the sense of achievement you get after a successful mopchip install!!!

A major reason for the Sega Dreamcast downfall was the accidental public distro (via magazine) of a disc that had code that could boot backups.
(wasnt the only reason though, they also had a high fail rate)

Also failed because the PS2 was launched with HUUUUUUUUGE sony hype and everybody who owed a PS1 bought one, effectively ending the Dreamcast overnight.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Actually, I wanted to sell my Switch until recently, because I'm really bored after finishing Zelda, Mario and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. This may change with CFW support. I'd love to play some original Game Boy and Game Gear games on my Switch.

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Actually, I wanted to sell my Switch until recently, because I'm really bored after finishing Zelda, Mario and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. This may change with CFW support. I'd love to play some original Game Boy and Game Gear games on my Switch.
Are u not excited for future Switch games?

Reactions: Johntendo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la