Team-Xecuter announces future-proof Switch exploit

Team-Xecuter revealed in a teaser a method to bypass all Switch security in a manner that they claim will never be patched by Nintendo and is compatible with every firmware available!

In the video, they show a custom boot image and have publicly posted the Stage2 Bootloader key (package 1.1) which has been confirmed to be legit as proof of their pwnage over the device.

This solution will work on ANY Nintendo Switch console regardless of the currently installed firmware, and will be completely future proof. This is *the* solution for opening up CFW (Custom FirmWare) on the Nintendo Switch. We want to move the community forward and provide a persistent, stable and fast method of running your own code and custom firmware patches on Nintendo's latest flagship product. And we think we've succeeded!

Below you can find a quick video showcasing a Nintendo Switch booting up, but there s something funny going on, can you spot it?

This is expected to be a DRM/paid "device", speculated to be a tx1 glitch style modchip that will enable CFW and full access to the system, which unfortunately(?) includes piracy.

A T-X forum admin expects release around Spring of 2018

:arrow:Source

acidmango

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well if it fails because of piracy, we know for sure it's the first console to die because of it and the argument actually becomes valid. So far all except Xbox One have been hacked.

A major reason for the Sega Dreamcast downfall was the accidental public distro (via magazine) of a disc that had code that could boot backups.
(wasnt the only reason though, they also had a high fail rate)

paulttt

Trophies
XP
Country
That and you can openly develop homebrew on Xbox One without modifying it.

I feel this is why most teams are shying away from the Xbox one hacking scene. Most people here are only interested in piracy, and are using homebrew as a means to justify their cause.

The "Is homebrew available on the switch yet" crowd, are IMO basically the ones too afraid to say "Can we pirate shit yet".

I'm no angel by any stretch of the imagination when it comes to piracy. I've downloaded and freeloaded tons off of developers hard work. Do I feel guilty? No. Do I actually buy the stuff I enjoy to support the devs? Yes.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
A major reason for the Sega Dreamcast downfall was the accidental public distro (via magazine) of a disc that had code that could boot backups.
(wasnt the only reason though, they also had a high fail rate)
No, this have been discussed before by more valid sources. Third party had lost their trust to SEGA after the Saturn. The Saturn wasn't really "old" in anyway and suddenly yet another system pops up out of no where.

If you have time, this mini-documentary is kind of good about why it died.

acidmango

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, this have been discussed before by more valid sources. Third party had lost their trust to SEGA after the Saturn. The Saturn wasn't really "old" in anyway and suddenly yet another system pops up out of no where.

If you have time, this mini-documentary is kind of good about why it died.

aye i'll check it out - I'm not saying its the only reason, just one of the many that stacked on top of it, though if software devs pulled support due to trust that would be the murder weapon for sure.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Video uploader is Gary O-P-A.
Wasn't him that guy that kept telling "update from Gateway coming soon(tm)" on some forums?

Lmaokernel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering when TX would surface again. Expected the xbox one though. If it's a modchip expect suppliers to charge a high price for them because of overwhelming demand upon release and leading up to it if pre-orders are accepted. And with people ordering more than one because they have multiple consoles

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not surprised. I've been telling people here all week that something like this should be possible and likely to get picked up by Chinese commercial hackers all week. I'm sure I'm not the only one, since it would be apparent to anyone who was paying attention to 34C3.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Here I was thinking the Switch had 100x the security prowess of the 3ds and we'd never have a stable perm hack for it.
Turns out to have scrub-3ds level security anyway, lol.

I don't like modchips and have never installed one, but I'll make an exception for the Switch. Really looking forward to the homebrew scene on such a powerful portable game device.
still love my 3ds tho

Last edited by zoogie,

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will be more cringe than anything else when they release the updated hardware.
I Honestly don't see how they've sold so many, the games don't seem that good except Mario kart, oddysee (looks ok) & Zelda. And 2 of those 3 games were on the wiiu so I never bothered buying the switch.
Most of the games look cack and there's no call of duty, there's a broken wwe game and not much else. I want a new turok, new vigilante 8, new rail shooter games, wrestling games only available on Nintendo, good games.
Will buy one when its cheap (used) with cfw available, id buy one now if the games weren't all recycled stuff I've already bought

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Video uploader is Gary O-P-A.
Wasn't him that guy that kept telling "update from Gateway coming soon(tm)" on some forums?
Yes, that's him.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Will be more cringe than anything else when they release the updated hardware.
I Honestly don't see how they've sold so many, the games don't seem that good except Mario kart, oddysee (looks ok) & Zelda. And 2 of those 3 games were on the wiiu so I never bothered buying the switch.
Most of the games look cack and there's no call of duty, there's a broken wwe game and not much else. I want a new turok, new vigilante 8, new rail shooter games, wrestling games only available on Nintendo, good games.
Will buy one when its cheap (used) with cfw available, id buy one now if the games weren't all recycled stuff I've already bought
Aka. you didn't want to buy a Switch anyway except when you get free games? I see why they sold so many games, because they're fun! If I want CoD or some BS like that, I have a computer.

cagycee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I care really of is having emulators. Especially Gamecube
Here I was thinking the Switch had 100x the security prowess of the 3ds and we'd never have a stable perm hack for it.
Turns out to have scrub-3ds security level anyway, lol.

I don't like modchips and have never installed one, but I'll make an exception for the Switch. Really looking forward to the homebrew scene on such a powerful portable game device.
still love my 3ds tho
I never was able to afford a modchip especially for the Nintendo 3DS till now since I'm older and I most definitely will be able to afford it once it comes out in spring unless the price is crazy. I almost lost all hope on getting homebrew on the Nintendo Switch since its impossible to downgrade the system. But for this to come out...
*applauds*

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aye i'll check it out - I'm not saying its the only reason, just one of the many that stacked on top of it, though if software devs pulled support due to trust that would be the murder weapon for sure.

the dreamcast actually had half the failure rate of launch PS2s, which were 10% above the industry adverage at the time. despite this, japan bought way ps2 then dreamcast. Many experts believe this was due to the fact DVD players in japan were outragous in price, thus making the ps2 thier first afordable dvd player. It was said in an old g4 tv interview by sega, they knew the dreamcast was dead when they lost japan and within weeks they started stopping dreamcast production. Although not annoucning they were done with consoles officially for several more months

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
WHAT WHAT WAHAAHT...homebrew and emulators???

It's sad though that the Switch is looking to potentially have piracy soon. This is the console after the Wii U fuckup that finally has large and indie 3rd party developers embracing it.

Never have I seen so many games on Steam that are available on a Nintendo console. Rampant piracy is just going to convince them to potentially back out and rely on PS4, Xbone and PC (with AP and Denuvo of course)

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd more so say it'd be on par with a glitch chip going on their past releases. (Didn't the recent 34c3 Switch hacking presentation mention something about timing? Rewatching it now.) I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.

(The same admin that gave a Spring 2018 or around there release said that more information will be posted in the coming weeks.)
I'm just guessing, but I think its possible it could be based on this CLKscrew paper that was mentioned in a different 34c3 talk regarding Trusted Execution Environments. If you are interested the talk is linked in this post http://gbatemp.net/threads/im-on-4-...lly-hack-my-switch.492827/page-7#post-7760304

D

Deleted User

This looks kind of fake, but it'll be interesting to see how this plays out regardless.
Project Omnibreak was right

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch