megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vashgs said:
megazig said:
did you really just bump your own thread after only 12 hours?

Yup, and now I'm doing it again. Oh teh noes!

congrats!!

I will be releasing my savegame editor then soon.
I think I won't be lazy and condecending and will actually include the data that Treeki has contributed.

vashgs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
megazig said:
vashgs said:
megazig said:
did you really just bump your own thread after only 12 hours?

Yup, and now I'm doing it again. Oh teh noes!

congrats!!

I will be releasing my savegame editor then soon.
I think I won't be lazy and condecending and will actually include the data that Treeki has contributed.

Have a good time. I politely thanked him for his contribution. I didn't need it. It's already all documented by Virus and myself and it was decided against as a design choice. It's just silly.

We have thousands of users and multiple releases that we're constantly working on. I'm glad I had the time to work with NSMBWii as much as I have, but I don't have the time to program pointless features at the request of one or two users. It's not like the bulk of the information isn't there. You have the ability to unlock all levels, marked as completed, and have all star coins. Allowing to pick and choose which ones is just silly. You can't pass a level in NSMBWii but you can operate a homebrew save editor? I'm not even sure that scenario would happen...ever. The likelyhood of that occuring is enough to discourage us from adding in the option to select which levels are beaten and to what extent.

As always, I wish you all the luck in the world in your release. More options is only better for the community.

Bye then,
-Vash

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't know the format very well it seems. You have set all levels including ones that should not have the bits set to 0x17. That leaves out secret exits as being completed for each level. you also allow all 10 worlds to be available.
ohmy.gif
That's right, all 10 worlds you set availble. My last point will be the bitfield that signifies how much of the game is completed. Having not touched the secret exits, I'm not surprised you couldn't set that either. So, if your goal is for completion, then you have failed to achieve your goal. Next time, please get off your high horse and take some helpful info.

vashgs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
megazig said:
You don't know the format very well it seems. You have set all levels including ones that should not have the bits set to 0x17. That leaves out secret exits as being completed for each level. you also allow all 10 worlds to be available.
ohmy.gif
That's right, all 10 worlds you set availble. My last point will be the bitfield that signifies how much of the game is completed. Having not touched the secret exits, I'm not surprised you couldn't set that either. So, if your goal is for completion, then you have failed to achieve your goal. Next time, please get off your high horse and take some helpful info.

I'm sorry you are so dissatisfied with the product. Again, I do not have time to go back and cater to the requests of one or two users. Please go write your own savegame editor and make it infinitely better than Tanooki and release it to your massive userbase and become a hacking legend. I thanked him for his contribution. Treeki has no problem with me, nor I with him. We've talked via PM a couple of times, he's been very respectful of my work, and I see no reason for you to be here, really. Go be a fanboy in the Reggie! topic.

I'll give you the same response I gave Treeki before you even posted a single thing:

Thank you for the contribution to the topic, but I am not interested in adding the features you've mentioned.

-Vash

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhN3stcB0is