Gaming Tales of Innocence: Cooking?

campbell00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm seconds away from facing the final boss, and I just realized that I have never used the cooking feature. I guess it was due to a lack of knowledge. Anyone know what it does?

redfalcon

GBATemp Member
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can cook meals that give you certain buffs, e.g. bonusses for +DEF and so on. You need recipes, which you find in battles or you can trade in for guild points and ingredients which you can buy from the item guy in each town.

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
No the cooking is for number of fights, press X while marking the food to see it's effect and how long does it stick. also you can only eat one food per character (marked fork and knife icon in the lower screen status).

About plants bonus I think it's permanent not sure but you can't carry more than 15 so you always got to use them. I used +1 luck flower all the time on Angie.... it's very common on city dungeon outdoors (sunny maps give the best plants, dark give best stones from my testing.)

micado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinintendo said:
About plants bonus I think it's permanent not sure but you can't carry more than 15 so you always got to use them. I used +1 luck flower all the time on Angie.... it's very common on city dungeon outdoors (sunny maps give the best plants, dark give best stones from my testing.)
The herb boni and mali are permanent.
So, better watch out which herbs you are eating.
I've found so much Saffron in the Ashihara guild dungeon, that my main char
has a base Luck of 500 (999 with Technical Style) and all others 350 at lvl 70.
The blue crabs (at guild level 7), sometimes drop Basil (treasure chest), which increases Agility.
I was also able to increase Attack and Def for 3 of my chars without a decrease in other stats.

But "hunting" for herbs can be damn time consuming, so it's not really worth it.
I've found so much Saffron, because it is the most common in Ashihara and I was doing a lot
of guild quests there and checking for herbs everytime.

Checking for stones in plant-oriented dungeons isn't worth the time, because you will only find shards at best.
But checking for herbs in rock-oriented dungeons is still a good idea, because you can find valuable herbs even there.

westarrr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i think the cooking feature is quite useless...
because the benefits the food give are quite less..
Its also hard to find the right recipe that gives the good buffs..

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
westarrr said:
i think the cooking feature is quite useless...
because the benefits the food give are quite less..
Its also hard to find the right recipe that gives the good buffs..

You obviously never got more then the first few food in each category.

Food gives HUGE bonuses, especially for how simple most food is to make.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...