Taiwan Ratings Board listing confirms the existence of Crash Bandicoot 4

O7fkkNP.png

With Activision sending out teasers in the form of puzzle pieces related to the Crash Bandicoot series recently, it was only a matter of time before the cat, or rather, bandicoot was out of the bag. The Taiwanese Ratings Board has just confirmed that a new Crash Bandicoot game is on the way, thanks to a listing that went live perhaps a little too early. The listing even includes official boxart for the game, which is titled Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time, which will be releasing on both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, with the latter stating that it'll be playable on the Xbox Series X. You can read the official description, below. Developer Toys For Bob, who worked on both the Spyro and Crash remasters, are on board for this project.

Crash is relaxing and exploring his island in his time, 1998, when he finds a mysterious mask hidden away in a cave, Lani-Loli. The mask is one of the Quantum Masks and apparently knows Aku-Aku, Crash’s mask friend! With the Quantum Masks returning and a Quantum Rift appearing near our heroes, they decide to bravely head through to different times and dimensions to stop whoever is responsible.

:arrow: Source

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol you are entlitled to do what you want and we are also entitle to do what we want, by not playing if playing ps4 games on ps5 get them enhanced why not? i never bough ps4 pro so getting the ps5 to play 4k enhanced ps4 games like it was on the pro is great for me, same way i got a phat ps3 it plays all ps1,ps2 and ps3 games, why would i dig out my ps1 and ps2 from the closet when i can use ps3 bt controllers, emulated memory cards and hd and smooth enhanced? sometimes is much better to play older games on updated consoles.
No thank you!!! good luck!!

Reactions: Jonna

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see your point, but i wont play anything that is not a ps5 game on a ps5. No remakes, not that bs and just ps5 originals.
Also i wont sell any of my consoles to get the next one, i respect your point or anything you like it or need to do in order to get your next console.

For Sony consoles alone I have a modded PS Classic, fat PS2 with an HDD installed, PS3, and PS4 Pro. I hang on the the older ones because PS5 has no bc with those, but I see no reason to keep my PS4 when the PS5 will play those games with greatly reduced load times. To each their own. :)

Reactions: magico29

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here we go! Finally a sequel to the original Crash.

I just it's really good this time compared to Wrath of Cortex.
Crash 2 is just as bad as Wrath of Cortex. It's a super repetitive game, but instead of vehicle levels Crash 2 has stupid chase levels. A lot of the flaws in Wrath of Cortex also apply to the original trilogy. People are just blinded by nostalgia for the first three games.

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks interesting, but I have no information about whether this will release at for PC or not, even if it appears after the console releases. Every time I ask about this, I really can't always tell if a particular game is a timed exclusive, or a permanent one. If the latter, I guess I can give up thinking about playing this on PC.

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonder if this time next year we'll be talking about a ratings leak for Spyro 4.

If we are, and its not on Switch, I'll be phucking pissed. The first three Spyro's are platforming gold, especially the third. But I'm not going to buy a second current gen console just for that game.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Now finally something that really gets me excited! <3
From the plot synopsis, I guess this is gonna be more of Crash 3, seeing time travel stuff and whatnot.
Not that it's a bad thing. :v
Maybe it's gonna be some alternate universe shenanigans too? Who knows.

Still, how about also re-mastering Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity while we're at it? o_o
Like, I recently played and 100% WoC, I see the potential in that game, and CT is well known to be an unfishined game, hey, let's fix that shit up and make them as good much like the og trilogy.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, let Activision release it on PS4 and Xbox but not PC or Switch. Dumbasses.

If Crash 4 is anything like the remastered Crash and Spyro trilogies, then it too will come to Switch... a year later. I genuinely don't get why this is the case, but that seems to be how Activision wants to handle these games.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just realised they're gonna have an awkward time in Japan because the name 'Crash Bandicoot 4' has already been used over there

Ea2KJCNU8AA4ioB.jpeg

Even 'Crash Bandicoot 5' had been used for Twinsanity

Ea2KJCWUEAIY2TJ.jpeg

So they're gonna have to name it either 'Crash Bandicoot 6: It's About Time' or just 'Crash Bandicoot: It's About Time'
Since Wrath of Cortex also featured living masks other than Aku Aku and Uka Uka, my guess is that this game will have something to do with time travel affecting the events of that game.

Reactions: James_

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol