Hacking SX OS contains brick code!

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
https://github.com/bkifft/RPU

might be handy for those who have bricked, the unlock function certainly wont work, but iirc @bkifft left the option to force erase after gateway changed their lock function, but you will need a nand backup

Aye. Force erase is still in there.
Kernel is still old only though (unsure if someone already built one for pi2/pi3).

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
"Our product has been designed with the greatest possible stability and polish. Whenever someone is running our SX OS they can be assured they are running a safe and well-tested product. We cannot guarantee equal functionality and performance when any changes are made and therefore do not support any unauthorized modifications".

According to the SX OX developers, the built-in safety measure — which locks up Switch consoles until either a password is submitted or the software is updated — is meant to be a challenge for people messing with the program. The thinking, the representative explained, is that if someone is smart enough to modify the program, they should be smart enough to figure out how to get past the anti-piracy measure, too. It is also meant to stop people who might want to steal the functionality for their own purposes.

“We can detect malicious tampering with 100 percent accuracy and have a harmless cat-and-mouse game between aspiring hackers and competing teams that (amongst other things) simply puts a reversible [password] on the system. Someone would have to purposefully bypass lots of layers of integrity checking put in place to trigger this condition. This is not something that can happen in regular usage, ever.”

“We do not ‘brick’ any consoles, ever. We do implement inconveniences to safeguard anti-tampering of our SX OS boot file to remain at a competitive advantage. It would simply be bad business to intentionally harm a user’s console"

Source

Reactions: MasterJ360

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway +1