Hacking SX OS contains brick code!

D

Deleted User

This just further proves TX doesn't give a shit about the scene, or those who purchase his products aside from their money, after-all he never considered when creating this that on the off chance a Homebrew App could release down the road (when they become more complicated) that one might conflict with the brick code, setting the proccess off even on legit users, if that god forbid ever happens, then don't expect TX to so much as refund your purchase after you redeem your license, even if his greedy mits are the reason your Switch would be bricked, if he was actually worried about the end consumer he wouldn't of risked brick code, now any respect I had for his work is lost, he's nothing, but a scummy leach on this scene.

This can't trigger with homebrew code. So you're safe.

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ha that's why they are great - they are in it for the money, they give us a great product, they don't care about any of the junk/rules/drama like the other guys.

if you try to hack their product, you get bricked, thankfully i'm not going to try to reverse sx os.

Well I hope you don't get bugged, it's your choice what you want to buy, and who you want to buy from, but I'll give you fair warning TX could care less about your devices safety, he ain't a trustable guy, he's kinda a scummy dude.

This can't trigger with homebrew code. So you're safe.

Well I'll still refrain from personally supporting his product, I don't see any sense in bricking anyone's device even if they're pirating your DRM locked pirate OS... it's just a backwards way of thinking. IMO

Last edited by Proto-Propski,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Well I hope you don't get bugged, it's your choice what you want to buy, and who you want to buy from, but I'll give you fair warning TX could care less about your devices safety, he ain't a trustable guy, he's kinda a scummy dude.
you think/it's confirmed it's really just one guy? impressive if so.

anyway, yeah i trust honestly do trust tx has secured down their brick code that it won't trigger on me.
if some scary thing happen and 50% of people all got bricked from sx os tomorrow, the backlash would be terrible! everyone would be fighting for a refund, retailers would suffer, tx would be history. (surely tx would lose some money, some chargebacks etc, or maybe tx made the retailers pay them in crypto lol)

and so, because of possibilities like that, yeah i'm pretty sure tx knows what they are doing and the brick code is safe.

one quick example now - iOS, there's a setting to wipe your phone if you get the password wrong 10 times.
it's sort of like brick code. it's probably never triggered by accident. only triggered if you get the pass wrong 10 times.
apple would be in big trouble if it happened to a bunch of people by accident.

because are only upset about 'brick code', because gw messed up with their implementation/hardware spi check (which most people never did anyway) - which is why like 3, 5, 10? people got bricked.
they probably fixed it in a later version too.

@gamesquest1 - i remember you bricking your hard modded 3ds on video, did you ever try again to see if gw fixed their brickcode implementation?

Reactions: CallmeBerto

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
you think/it's confirmed it's really just one guy? impressive if so.

anyway, yeah i trust honestly do trust tx has secured down their brick code that it won't trigger on me.
if some scary thing happen and 50% of people all got bricked from sx os tomorrow, the backlash would be terrible! everyone would be fighting for a refund, retailers would suffer, tx would be history. (surely tx would lose some money, some chargebacks etc, or maybe tx made the retailers pay them in crypto lol)

and so, because of possibilities like that, yeah i'm pretty sure tx knows what they are doing and the brick code is safe.

one quick example now - iOS, there's a setting to wipe your phone if you get the password wrong 10 times.
it's sort of like brick code. it's probably never triggered by accident. only triggered if you get the pass wrong 10 times.
apple would be in big trouble if it happened to a bunch of people by accident.

because are only upset about 'brick code', because gw messed up with their implementation/hardware spi check (which most people never did anyway) - which is why like 3, 5, 10? people got bricked.
they probably fixed it in a later version too.

@gamesquest1 - i remember you bricking your hard modded 3ds on video, did you ever try again to see if gw fixed their brickcode implementation?
yeah gateway seem to have fixed their brick code after 2.0b2 , only person who got bricked after that were people trying to crack it and clone devices afaik

but yeah I personally think TX should have beat devs to the punch and just mentioned in the release notes that anti tamper code was in place and it would only trigger in very specific circumstances if people tried to crack the launcher, better to create the headline yourself than make it seem like a shady secret

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
yeah gateway seem to have fixed their brick code after 2.0b2 , only person who got bricked after that were people trying to crack it and clone devices afaik
good to hear it :)
but yeah I personally think TX should have beat devs to the punch and just mentioned in the release notes that anti tamper code was in place and it would only trigger in very specific circumstances if people tried to crack the launcher, better to create the headline yourself than make it seem like a shady secret
i agree! although it wouldn't stop the hackers still trying.

longxa762

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You know that all R4 cards are clone cards right?
We have to wait for other options such as Atmosphere or another team before we can pick and choose. Time will come, since SciresM and the crew doesn't have a money incentive, it will take a longer time.

The first R4 is clone of who? Can they clone themself :blink:

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
He said all R4 is clone which is wrong, the original R4 is not a clone
was r4 or m3 first?
i remember in the first batch of r4 (or m3), you could open up the cart, bridge a connection, and it would swap the device from m3 to r4, and it would accept the other fw update.

very funny.

Reactions: Maximilious

Masacci0

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
considering the amount of unsold sx they're going to have due to this bricking backlash, they could have simply remove it and accept the fact that people always find a way to crack your code and make you lose some sales.

At least you wouldn't ruin your image.

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
This is quite amusing. So TX have built traps into their own backup loader anticipating what would be attempted. Anti-tamper protection on a backup loader, brilliant. :rofl2:

Masacci0

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I do t really see any bricking backlash... only from the people who moaned about TX having a paid for piracy solution in the first place.

Yeah i know, but people don't react rationally and based on evidences, the news alone has put down a lot of people.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit off topic but The error 53 lawsuit was fixed by apple when they found what was the cause "Un authorized third party hardware for the touch id sensor". They offered an fix with no data loss and even reimbursed people that paid for repair or replacement.

Just a FYI
yes is offtopic but actually the error was not caused by a third party replacing the sensor as it would work perfectly until the phone was updated to a newer IOS which means they put in a brick code so that people would stop fixing their own phones. They just started to reimburse people 18 months later to mitigate things that are on the class action lawsuit which is still pending. FYI.

The amusing thing here is people that expect a company who's customer base are primarily pirates to not put in anti-piracy measures in their own product. I mean why don't they just give everything away for free?<sarcasm

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZERO.
a hacker got bricked because he was trying to hack sx os.
this is what tx wanted. 0 backlash.

as a user - i'm safe.
my games still work, they are still fun.
at first they tried to shame people for buying it saying "it will be cracked day 1" now it's "oh it has brick code stay away"

the only thing this news has done is made people more confident on their investment since SX-OS is not likely to be cracked anytime soon.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
at first they tried to shame people for buying it saying "it will be cracked day 1" now it's "oh it has brick code stay away"

the only thing this news has done is made people more confident on their investment since SX-OS is not likely to be cracked anytime soon.
i think i read someone say 'it can't play a whole subsection of games' lol
(referring to the whopping 6 type 2 cards)
which now work fine :D

Reactions: comput3rus3r

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?