Hacking SX OS and SD card issues

Krafter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I received my SX Pro yesterday and not having much luck with it yet. I get the SX OS to launch just fine but that's about it. The Homebrew menu only works with my Samsung 32G SD formatted as FAT32. I used it to dump Breath of the Wild but the game will not launch. The console will freeze and I have to do a hard restart by holding down the power button. The same thing happens when I try and launch Retroarch (NES and SNES). When I use a SanDisk 64G formatted as exFAT, I can't even get the Homebrew menu to start. The screen goes black and then I get kicked back to the menu. Any ideas or maybe a known working SD card with the SX OS?

FreePlayFlorida

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
have you checked both cards to ensure they are real and correct sizes and not fakes? as could be having issues with that, im using a samsung 200gb sd card, formatted via windows as exfat, dropped the boot.dat and SWITCH folder onto it and no issues, after updating firmware to accept exfat, I would check cards first before proceeding further

Reactions: Krafter

Krafter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I can tell the cards are real and the correct size. I bought one from a prime dealer on Amazon and the other came with my DJI drone. I can't see either selling knockoffs. If I have to buy another SD card, I'd rather start with a smaller size and not jump ahead to a very large size. I don't want to spend money and cross my fingers it will work. Can anyone suggest a 32 or 64G SD known to work?

FreePlayFlorida

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
worth just running the program to test the cards to see if real or fake, that way you can at least rule out the card itself as the issue and work from there

Krafter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never heard of such an app to do that. I'll do some googling to find something.

D

Deleted User

Make sure you dont buy a SD card on eBay or from other sellers on Amazon

Also if you try to load up homebrew without the SD files for homebrew, you won't load it up. You'll be sent back to the home menu

Krafter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you dont buy a SD card on eBay or from other sellers on Amazon

Also if you try to load up homebrew without the SD files for homebrew, you won't load it up. You'll be sent back to the home menu

All I need is the hbmenu.nro file on the root correct? That's what I'm doing on both and it works with one card but not the other. FYI, I'm running a test using H2testw on the first card to determine if it has issues or not.

D

Deleted User

All I need is the hbmenu.nro file on the root correct? That's what I'm doing on both and it works with one card but not the other. FYI, I'm running a test using H2testw on the first card to determine if it has issues or not.
Yes but i believe there's more files needed. So find a starter pack somewhere

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The DMV giving citizens of Detroit empowerment
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and with yourself :creep:
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    As a reminder crack pipes left in the lobby will be thrown away, the DMV is not responsible for lost crack pipes!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a camera I can film what I want
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gotta give my fans what they want...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    get crackin'
    Well hmm got that Eeros 6+ router working so no need for a new one for now lol
    Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, is it truly discrimination if you dislike everyone equally? like, if i dislike everyone, then am i racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, etc., or am i just a hater?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All of the above...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You gotta be on Psis level and hate your own people
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i meant everyone, even my own people, and myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, well thats ok then
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (i don't dislike people, it's just a hypothe- aaaaaand i'm banned aren't i?)
    Good good let your hate flow through you!!!
    +2
    Emperor Palpetine reveals that he is trans Jewish pro abortion and drives a Prius!
    Unlimited Power!!!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hate fuels your cybertruck
    Yeah this Eero router is way better than the one my ISP gave me, still might need to buy one but until then this one is better lol
    The one Comcast provided is apparently powered by a comadore 64 chip lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The one Comcast provided is apparently powered by a comadore 64 chip lol