DeltaOn3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello guys,

After watching several youtube videos and reading a few threads i really want to get rid of sx OS and switch completly to atmosphere but there are tutorials where people either

1. Use spacecraft and copy files to the sd card (no Info about corrupted boot0/1

2. Use spacecraft and say "do a update on ur original fw to get rid of choidujournx" (doing a geniune boot on sx)

3. Doesnt recommend spacecraft and only creating some .ini files to migrate ur old emunand and run atmosphere out of the Box by just copying the files over and do some minor configs

I have a mariko switch with a sx core chip.

What im asking myself is that if i just can do a clean and fresh install of atmosphere with spacecraft nx so my steps would be like

1. Formating the whole sd card on PC (hidden partition too)

2. Flashing my sx core chip with spacecraft

3. Copying atmo and hekate files over to the sd card and using the hekate payload (maybe deepsea cfw cuz it comes with hb i want to use)

4. Creating a emunand and booting to atmo

5. Doing all necessary things after booting the first time atmosphere.

To step 1. I could delete my emunand in the sx core bootloader (Holding volume key while booting)
Would that fix the corrupted boot0/1 error since i updated my emunand to 11.0 with choidujournx? Or should i just do a genuine boot and update trough my console?)

As im a total noob and still new to the switch scene i dont know what steps would be the best for me.
Sorry for that amount of questions and my bad english, im not a native english speaker :D

Thanks for any reply and stay healthy!

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys,

After watching several youtube videos and reading a few threads i really want to get rid of sx OS and switch completly to atmosphere but there are tutorials where people either

1. Use spacecraft and copy files to the sd card (no Info about corrupted boot0/1

2. Use spacecraft and say "do a update on ur original fw to get rid of choidujournx" (doing a geniune boot on sx)

3. Doesnt recommend spacecraft and only creating some .ini files to migrate ur old emunand and run atmosphere out of the Box by just copying the files over and do some minor configs

I have a mariko switch with a sx core chip.

What im asking myself is that if i just can do a clean and fresh install of atmosphere with spacecraft nx so my steps would be like

1. Formating the whole sd card on PC (hidden partition too)

2. Flashing my sx core chip with spacecraft

3. Copying atmo and hekate files over to the sd card and using the hekate payload (maybe deepsea cfw cuz it comes with hb i want to use)

4. Creating a emunand and booting to atmo

5. Doing all necessary things after booting the first time atmosphere.

To step 1. I could delete my emunand in the sx core bootloader (Holding volume key while booting)
Would that fix the corrupted boot0/1 error since i updated my emunand to 11.0 with choidujournx? Or should i just do a genuine boot and update trough my console?)

As im a total noob and still new to the switch scene i dont know what steps would be the best for me.
Sorry for that amount of questions and my bad english, im not a native english speaker :D

Thanks for any reply and stay healthy!
the corrupted boot0/1 is from using choi with updating, you will need spacecraft-nx to flash the tx chip to boot atmosphere. That will not let you boot sx anymore but you will need a valid mariko boot0/1 to boot after that. Your emunand will need to be converted as well which hekate does. Make sure before you flash spacecraft that you use the clean up option within sxos boot menu!!! No need for format even with a partitioned emunand as hekate supports that too. Everything else on your steps list looks good.

Reactions: DeltaOn3

DeltaOn3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the corrupted boot0/1 is from using choi with updating, you will need spacecraft-nx to flash the tx chip to boot atmosphere. That will not let you boot sx anymore but you will need a valid mariko boot0/1 to boot after that. Your emunand will need to be converted as well which hekate does. Make sure before you flash spacecraft that you use the clean up option within sxos boot menu!!! No need for format even with a partitioned emunand as hekate supports that too. Everything else on your steps list looks good.
Thank you sir,

So that means i need to restore my boot0/1 right ? By just using my old nand backup and restore my emunand. Than cleaning up, flashing spacecraft etc.

But i still need the .ini files so it recognized that i already have a emunand on my hidden partition right?

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you sir,

So that means i need to restore my boot0/1 right ? By just using my old nand backup and restore my emunand. Than cleaning up, flashing spacecraft etc.

But i still need the .ini files so it recognized that i already have a emunand on my hidden partition right?
yeah you do but it's pretty easy to find ini config files as well as just using the default one with hekate or the examples one included with hekate. You will need to restore boot0/1 from a working mariko backup if you have an erista you're fine. Make sure you reflash the whole backup if boot0/1 > old firm's boot0/1 or it still won't work.

DeltaOn3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah you do but it's pretty easy to find ini config files as well as just using the default one with hekate or the examples one included with hekate. You will need to restore boot0/1 from a working mariko backup if you have an erista you're fine. Make sure you reflash the whole backup if boot0/1 > old firm's boot0/1 or it still won't work.
So what about deleting the emunand and creating a new nand? Will this not skip the step with restoring my emunand? Sysnand is still on the same firmware

aruto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You don't need to flash spacecraft your modchip. the latest and easiest way to do this is using SX Gear

You can find more about this in his channel. He has a playlist exclusive for mariko units

DeltaOn3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You don't need to flash spacecraft your modchip. the latest and easiest way to do this is using SX Gear

You can find more about this in his channel. He has a playlist exclusive for mariko units

Yeah i already saw it and left a comment but what im asking myself is that if i can delete my emunand and create a new one but i guess i have to try it out by myself :D thank you guys.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what about deleting the emunand and creating a new nand? Will this not skip the step with restoring my emunand? Sysnand is still on the same firmware
you can aslso do that, whichever you prefer man, I won't use the sxgear or whatever, sx isn't really needed now that atmosphere is compatible.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I really wouldn't bother with the sxgear if OP has a modchip

DeltaOn3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello again guys, i finally managed to do all the steps, here is what i did so far:

1. Deleted Emunand
2. Updated my Stock Firmware to 11.0.1
3. Flash my Chip with spacecraft and copy everything i need to the sd card.

Right now hekate is creating my emunand but i still have one question about my nand backup.

Since i updated my stock firmware to 11.0.1, should i do another full nand backup and save it on multiple places ?
I already did a nand backup after my chip got installed but that was on 10.2.0.

I dont know if i still can use my old nand backup in case i mess something up.

And again a huge thank you to all for the replys!

EDIT: im doing a full nand backup again just to be safe :D

Last edited by DeltaOn3,

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works no different using sx gear and a chip and you don't risk bricking your chip by flashing a firmware that wasn't really made for it and hasn't gone through a whole lot of testing.

Reactions: OriginalCopycat

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello again guys, i finally managed to do all the steps, here is what i did so far:

1. Deleted Emunand
2. Updated my Stock Firmware to 11.0.1
3. Flash my Chip with spacecraft and copy everything i need to the sd card.

Right now hekate is creating my emunand but i still have one question about my nand backup.

Since i updated my stock firmware to 11.0.1, should i do another full nand backup and save it on multiple places ?
I already did a nand backup after my chip got installed but that was on 10.2.0.

I dont know if i still can use my old nand backup in case i mess something up.

And again a huge thank you to all for the replys!

EDIT: im doing a full nand backup again just to be safe :D
If your console is not patched, you can technically run any firmware you want because we have a coldboot exploit that allows us to bypass the fuse check. You do not need to make another eMMC backup but you can if you want to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Look at deez.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Deeze nuts
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Veho, where's the poll at?
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    they're giving the internet an open text box?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I never played or own any of they devices, but I like small style, but with a somewhat grip
    oh man, that always goes great!
    im sure half the responses won't be literal racial slurs or "drop table" jokes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Look, it's China. They know what it's like when you give a poll to half a billion trolls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much dollar do you think it is?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    ONE MILLION DOLLA
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I know the pricing of electronics nowadays isn't "how much it actually costs" but "how much we can get away with", but putting up a poll is just cynical.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably $150 someone said Anbernic said around the same price as rg556
    you know which game i wish they would rerelease
    sonic unleashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make it a happy meal toy
    that game's engine is really fucking intensive so it runs like literal shit on xbox 360 and ps3
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah I'm getting value creep again. I look at a $50 console "but for just a few more dollars you could get XYZ" and I end up considering the Steam Deck.
    like the lighting in that game was genuinely so good
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not getting dragged into that again.
    i dont get why they didn't port the one game that ran the worst on consoles, to pc
    like you port everything to pc except the one game where it would make the most sense. why. what do you gain from this
    is sega just personally fucking with me? are they laughing while watching me through my kinect camera as i get up to restart my xbox for the third time because the game froze again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Buy handhelds from five below better quality
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh