Hacking Switching from G6 Lite to AK2 - Do I have to Unflash?

necros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am sick to death of the limited space on my G6 Lite, and the incompatibilities with so many games. It's really gotten a bit pathetic that they haven't supported it as well as they could, so they've lost me as a customer. I decided to go with an AK2, not the i version though. I have a fat DS, and I don't think I'll be upgrading to a Lite or DSi anytime soon.

Anyways, my DS is flashed so that it loads the Slot 2 Lite cart right away. My big question is, do I have to "unflash" the DS so that it is back to a stock flash? If so, how do I do this? I'm concerned that even with an AK2, it will always want to boot Slot 2 as the default unless I roll back. Let me know please.

shansoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not quite sure about flashed DS..

but about the G6 Lite, it should work the same as my M3 Lite, it runs all current game perfectly....not so sure what is going with yours...

Isaiah

The Conductor
Trophies
XP
Country
necros said:
I am sick to death of the limited space on my G6 Lite, and the incompatibilities with so many games. It's really gotten a bit pathetic that they haven't supported it as well as they could, so they've lost me as a customer. I decided to go with an AK2, not the i version though. I have a fat DS, and I don't think I'll be upgrading to a Lite or DSi anytime soon.

Anyways, my DS is flashed so that it loads the Slot 2 Lite cart right away. My big question is, do I have to "unflash" the DS so that it is back to a stock flash? If so, how do I do this? I'm concerned that even with an AK2, it will always want to boot Slot 2 as the default unless I roll back. Let me know please.
g6 has inbuilt memory?

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about flashing too much, but I do know that there are unflashing tools. It works the same as flashing, just the other way around.

EDIT: Found it! It should be easy enough for you to do if you've flashed it already. Just follow the instructions. Here's the link: noflashme

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have two options if you want to keep your DS flashed:
1) Hold down Select when booting to go to the DS menu and you can boot the AK2 from there.
2) Install flashme_noauto - you get to keep FlashMe but it will only boot Slot-2 when you hold down select.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to