Switch won't boot last firmware

HiradeGirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. sorry if theres a big thread somewhere talking about a similar problem, but i didn't find it. delete my post if that's the case please, mods.

so I just got an OLED switch last month. it was a Zelda edition, but it was second hand. the owner told me it had a "picofly" installed, but that he only used it on stock all the time.

anyway, just yesterday i updated it and it won't get past the Nintendo logo now.

I read somewhere it had to do with the 17.0 update, but not sure how to fix it. could anyone point me towards an existing thread or help me, please?

thx. :)

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure your atmosphere and hekate packages on your sd card are updated to the latest releases. Then boot to sysnand with atmosphere pnce then reboot to normal stock

HiradeGirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure your atmosphere and hekate packages on your sd card are updated to the latest releases. Then boot to sysnand with atmosphere pnce then reboot to normal stock
i know the switch came with a micro SD with files they told me not to move. but it simply boots like a normal console whenever I turn it on.

sorry, very new to this, and have been playing normal cartridges so far. well, only played some mario odyssey since last month, but i hadn't updated. is there like a general hacking thread or something for asking about atmosphere and such?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know the switch came with a micro SD with files they told me not to move. but it simply boots like a normal console whenever I turn it on.

sorry, very new to this, and have been playing normal cartridges so far. well, only played some mario odyssey since last month, but i hadn't updated. is there like a general hacking thread or something for asking about atmosphere and such?

If you updated to firmware 17.0.0 you need to update your CFW files, and sig patches.

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

When it was booting successfully, you only saw nintendo logos? You never saw any hekate logos or anything else prompting you to push buttons before the nintendo logos came up?

HiradeGirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you updated to firmware 17.0.0 you need to update your CFW files, and sig patches.
im very sorry, but I don't understand yet. could you point me please to this atmosphere thing, please? or even better, just the general thread where people should ask these things.

previous owner just told me there were files i shouldn't move from the sd, and yes, there's an atmosphere directory, but that's it.
Post automatically merged:

When it was booting successfully, you only saw nintendo logos? You never saw any hekate logos or anything else prompting you to push buttons before the nintendo logos came up?
Only nintendo's logo. not anything else.

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you shut down the switch completely by holding the power button until it pops up the shutdown menu. Then hold vol - and press the power button. See if it boots into the hekate bootloader.

HiradeGirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you shut down the switch completely by holding the power button until it pops up the shutdown menu. Then hold vol - and press the power button. See if it boots into the hekate bootloader.
thx. i got into hekate, it says "launch", "more options", and other things. it says v6.0.6

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere, hekate, and sigpatches all have their own release locations. Mostly github. If you just wanted to download from a single source, sthetix's HATS pack is a good place to start. Just be careful when updating those because you dont want to overwrite the configs you have and your switch start botting differently than you were expecting.

Reactions: HiradeGirl

HiradeGirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere, hekate, and sigpatches all have their own release locations. Mostly github. If you just wanted to download from a single source, sthetix's HATS pack is a good place to start. Just be careful when updating those because you dont want to overwrite the configs you have and your switch start botting differently than you were expecting.
Thanks so much for your help. Everything got sorted out thanks to you guiding me.

Have a nice day.

Reactions: BigOnYa

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi everyone. sorry if theres a big thread somewhere talking about a similar problem, but i didn't find it. delete my post if that's the case please, mods.

so I just got an OLED switch last month. it was a Zelda edition, but it was second hand. the owner told me it had a "picofly" installed, but that he only used it on stock all the time.

anyway, just yesterday i updated it and it won't get past the Nintendo logo now.

I read somewhere it had to do with the 17.0 update, but not sure how to fix it. could anyone point me towards an existing thread or help me, please?

thx. :)
https://rentry.org/UpdateCFWAndFW

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol