Hacking switch updated to 11.0.1 by girlfriend

Elliander

Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
When mine did that, updating to 11.0.0, I grounded her from Animal Crossing for a month. It was an online Switch, not a modded one, but by doing that she made it impossible for it to play any game with the other Switches. She was very apologetic afterwards. Unfortunately for her, with the latest update requiring 11.0.1 she'll be waiting much longer to play that game online.

do i have anything else to do to re install my games?

That is EXACTLY why I don't want to mess with Atmosphere. The one time I had to reinstall an SXOS emuNAND the only tedious part was restoring backed up saves. All the games were .XCI files that didn't need to be installed. It was quick and easy restoring. Every cosole I ever had that required installations was a horrible mess I never want to repeat.

As a side note, why doesn't Atmosphere block firmware updates like SXOS does? and don't you have a way to block Nintendo updates using your router's parental controls? Or DNS settings? It would be a good idea to try and prevent a repeat from occurring.

Last edited by Elliander,
Reactions: elm

rizzyrailed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to disable autorcm? I tried modifying the BCI file but that didn't work. I just want to let the fuse burn.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the late response but fw 11.01.
Sounds to me like you have nogc enabled. You can disable it but doing so will irreversibly update your cartridge slot preventing you from using cartridges on lower firmware versions in case a future exploit is released that requires an un-updated cartridge slot or any other reason. If you want to disable it, it will differ depending on if you are using Hekate or fusee.

rizzyrailed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds to me like you have nogc enabled. You can disable it but doing so will irreversibly update your cartridge slot preventing you from using cartridges on lower firmware versions in case a future exploit is released that requires an un-updated cartridge slot or any other reason. If you want to disable it, it will differ depending on if you are using Hekate or fusee.
I didn't think it prevented me from playing older game cartridges. It has never in the past when disabling nogc. However, all I want to do is play my BoTW cartridge.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I was looking for this. Which .zip should i download: "fusee.zip" or "hekate.zip"? does it depend on the payload (fusee primary or secondary) used?
Yes if your using Fusee-Primary then you only need the Fusee.zip, if doing Fusee-Sec or chainloading hekate, then use hekate.zip.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't think it prevented me from playing older game cartridges. It has never in the past when disabling nogc. However, all I want to do is play my BoTW cartridge.
You are misunderstanding what I said. It doesn't prevent you from playing older or newer cartridges. It prevents you from playing cartridges on specific firmware versions.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1