Hacking Switch Unable to Be Updated to Firmware 14.0.0 and above

helpmefixmyswitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
To preface this entire thing, my Switch has been unable to be updated beyond 13.2.1. These are the steps that lead me to this conclusion and I am hoping someone could enlighten me on how to proceed from this issue.

1. A few days ago, I had wanted to update the system for the XB3. Thus, I had switched off, and rebooted into sysNand which was at 13.2.0 - the last time I had updated before extracting the firmware file using TegraExplorer and updating my emuNand.
2. After download and installing 14.2.1, I had rebooted the system and was met with the error code: 2105-0584. This was clean sysNand which haven't had any account signed in since I had it. The update went smoothly, but once I rebooted, the error code keeps popping up and I can't access the Maintenance Mode from this irregardless of how long I pressed the buttons (press both vol button, then press power button)
3. Panicking, I tried to use RCM and discovered my emuNand was still intact. No changes, but I knew the sysNand was not possible to booted any longer. Thus, I had to find the Nand backup that I had made a year ago, which was at 11.0.1. The sysNand booted up using CFW from Hekate shows same error in Atmosphere but with Program: 0100000000000025.
4. Restoring the Nand backup helped. The sysNand was back at 11.0.1 but unable to be booted normally. Checked the fuse burnt count, and saw it was at 16 - I needed to get at least 13.2.1 in order for it to boot normally. (I had tried to update it with EXTRA carefully this time, and the end result ended up being the same. Restored back to 11.0.1)
5. Testing time. I formatted a new SD card and redid the entire emuNand from scratch. From this point onwards, I decided to test the firmware update one by one as to isolate the issue to firmware update only.
6. Updated to 13.2.0 to test if there was something else that affecting it. Daybreak went smoothly, no error on booting up.
7. Updated to 14.0.0. Crashed. Knew that as soon as I installed 14.0.0 it can't be booted any longer.
8. Decided to restore the emuNand back to install 13.2.1 which should tally with the number of burnt fuse and stop boot crash. Worked, and booted up sysNand CFW using Hekate. Updated the sysNand using Daybreak and no longer having boot crash. I can now leave sysNand at 13.2.1 but I can't go beyond it. Thankfully the fuse burnt tallies, so no issue on sysNand onwards.
9. Tried to update to 14.0.0 from 13.2.1 to see whether it might be incremental update possibly. Unfortunately, the exact same error. Seemly a dead end as no one else is facing this issue except myself.

Seems 14.0.0 and above basically has been locked out from being updated, and don't understand how. My Lockpick RCM shows some corrupt keys when extracting prod.keys, but they shouldn't matter during an update. Above firmwares are all taken from darthstenie website, and the first sysNand update was using Nintendo Switch default updater, which made the whole issue.

Any idea on how could I troubleshoot further from here?

P.S.: New memory card, partitioned it using TegraExplorer, and downloaded Atmosphere and Hekate and used them. Thus no erroneous folder existed. No content folder or themes. Biggest mystery is why Nintendo official update keeps making it stuck at the error code display.

P.P.S.: Found out about this issue, will be trying this out to see if it resolves it. Seems quite straightforward - Crash boot After Update 14.X.X with a Nand Donor (2105-0584) - Can't link since I'm a newbie here.

P.P.P.S.: For anyone that stumbled upon this post, resolved it by using prodinfo_gen and using NxNandManager as well as HacMountDisk to replace prodinfo and making it to 14.0.0. Unsure if I can ever get back my original prodinfo keys back, likely if I were to go back to 11.0.1 but the update ends up corrupting it anyways. Still, just needed to get my emuNand to 14.1.2 so leaving this conundrum for sometime in the far future, if that even comes. Cheers everyone.

Last edited by helpmefixmyswitch,

Ayer559

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I’m having a similar issue . Error code is 2110-0350 , program : 0100000000000025 . I try looking the program folder and delete it but there’s no folder . Do you think you can help me . Was playing Pokémon shield and it crash with this code .

Attachments

• IMG_3290.jpeg
    IMG_3290.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...