Hacking Switch slowly flashing yellow

0t4kuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch has been successfully modded for a few weeks now, just now when i shutdown and tried to reboot to payload, it goes straight to blinking yellow slowly, what does it mean?

After a day of panicking, i finally got an sd apadater and the problem wasnt the SD card, ill have to wait a few days to open up the switch and check.

Last edited by 0t4kuu,

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch has been successfully modded for a few weeks now, just now when i shutdown and tried to reboot to payload, it goes straight to blinking yellow slowly, what does it mean?
Did you update your system by mistake today? The latest system update has been having the rounds.

0t4kuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you update your system by mistake today? The latest system update has been having the rounds.
i dont think so, i was trying to setup a pokemon cheat for scarlet, after that i did 90dns to my internet since it changed, i noticed i forgot to download something and when i tried to reboot thats happening
Post automatically merged:

it has happened once just before i was installing the cheat for pokemon

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think so, i was trying to setup a pokemon cheat for scarlet, after that i did 90dns to my internet since it changed, i noticed i forgot to download something and when i tried to reboot thats happening
Mod chipped or RCM + Jig?

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not sure how to do that, the screen is black
Pushing power doesn't do anything?? can you use any bootloaders by chance?? I would try to see if you can hook it up to your PC and use a boot loader and see if you can get a sign of life that way.

0t4kuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pushing power doesn't do anything?? can you use any bootloaders by chance??
If i push the power it shuts off but then continues if i turn it back on, i dont think i can use bootloaders without the switch being on, thanks for trying to help btw.

Trinda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've been looking at getting a hwfly chip for my oled, I just happened to have the LED diagnostics diagram open in another tab.

It says that slowly blinking yellow means it's training glitches, and it could take up to 15 minutes.

Reactions: Chaoticus

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i push the power it shuts off but then continues if i turn it back on, i dont think i can use bootloaders without the switch being on, thanks for trying to help btw.
I know the frustrations ;)
I don't know if you can use the bootloaders too but I would still give it a try. You might get a pleasant surprise.

0t4kuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking at getting a hwfly chip for my oled, I just happened to have the LED diagnostics diagram open in another tab.

It says that slowly blinking yellow means it's training glitches, and it could take up to 15 minutes.
Yeah but im not sure if it happens to a switch thats already trained before, its been blinking for more than 15

Trinda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah but im not sure if it happens to a switch thats already trained before, its been blinking for more than 15
There's another option for yellow blinking, a bit faster this time, that says
"50 glitches performed, modchip trained, next boots are fast"

0t4kuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the frustrations ;)
I don't know if you can use the bootloaders too but I would still give it a try. You might get a pleasant surprise.
Man, i feel like a complete noob now, how can i bootload without it being on? I apologize since im not the one that set up the switch so i have absolutely no idea how to use bootloader.

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try taking out the SD card and run a check disk on it. Maybe delete the Atmosphere folder and re-paste it back in. In either order. I'm sure it is probably due to the Switch update to 16.0.0. If nothing else works I'm betting it was the update somehow got through and updated your system.
Post automatically merged:

Man, i feel like a complete noob now, how can i bootload without it being on? I apologize since im not the one that set up the switch so i have absolutely no idea how to use bootloader.
You use the bootloader while it's "off" (RCM mode if triggered)

0t4kuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try taking out the SD card and run a check disk on it. Maybe delete the Atmosphere folder and re-paste it back in. In either order. I'm sure it is probably due to the Switch update to 16.0.0. If nothing else works I'm betting it was the update somehow got through and updated your system.
Alright ill try that, if it had somehow updated that means ill have to update atmosphere the same way right? Tysm.

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright ill try that, if it had somehow updated that means ill have to update atmosphere the same way right? Tysm.
If it is the system updated itself your gonna have to wait a few days (hopefully) for the new Atmosphere to drop. When it does delete the Atmosphere folder on your SD Card and replace it with the new one. No prob helping btw. These guys here saved me a few weeks ago when I have to simply update my sig patches. I was getting half my games to load and the other half throwing errors at me. Once I did that it was easy street. Love my V1 switch!!

swutch

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I had a similar problem on my oled. After some time, the connection on SP1 & SP2 become loose because of the heat of the SoC. But could also be the Dat0 or the A point.

0t4kuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a similar problem on my oled. After some time, the connection on SP1 & SP2 become loose because of the heat of the SoC. But could also be the Dat0 or the A point.
oof, theres a chance that its probably that too for me, ive been playing quite a few games on docking and its been heating my switch quite a bit, never rebooted up till now. But ill hope its the simpler one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You can't get the smell of my dick out of your mom either +1