Hardware Switch rumoured to have 4GB of ram

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is nothing wrong with ARM architecture. In a sense it's much more efficient than going with desktop architecture. It's also a good industry standard but missing those Denver cores is going to make a big hit for performance IMO.

I'd be happy if they used something like 4x ARM Kryo cores. Something that is a bit more powerful but still used in the latest flagship Android devices.
I think the chance of having intel is higher than having Kyro, which is from Qualcomm.
Arm still has a72/ a73, which are slower but more power efficient than Denver 2 (especially a73). If I recall correctly ARM has a much bigger ISA than x86.

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I think the chance of having intel is higher than having Kyro, which is from Qualcomm.
Arm still has a72/ a73, which are slower but more power efficient than Denver 2 (especially a73). If I recall correctly ARM has a much bigger ISA than x86.

Kryo is built on ARM instructions as well, I was using the cpu cores as reference and I know they are developed by Qualcomm. I don't think there is a cortex alternative. Kryo is just a name for the custom design. I guess the most similar would be Samsung's Mongoose cores. I just think nVidia should keep the Denver 2 cores because they really are at a different level or even the original Denver but it's a 28nm die.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kryo is built on ARM instructions as well, I was using the cpu cores as reference and I know they are developed by Qualcomm. I don't think there is a cortex alternative. Kryo is just a name for the custom design. I guess the most similar would be Samsung's Mongoose cores. I just think nVidia should keep the Denver 2 cores because they really are at a different level or even the original Denver but it's a 28nm die.
I know Kryo is custom, and you missed the most important one: apple a10 fusion. It's apple that started it all. And a73 seems at least on par with Mongoose.
If ditching Denver for cortex would mean a bigger gpu I am all for it. It doesn't seem that cheap.

Last edited by Yil,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is gta v or call of duty still up?