Switch Pro Controller has Incorrect Button Outputs

PalindromicBreadLoaf

Just a duck floating in a pond.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I've been using my Switch Pro controller back and forth between my PC and my Switch, with no problems whatsoever. Until recently, that is. Last night, after I disconnected my controller from my PC to use with my Switch, I slightly shocked it from the built up static on me. It wasn't a very strong shock, and I've certainly done worse to other controllers, but once I connected it to my Switch, I realised something was wrong. All of the face buttons worked as expected, along with the sticks, but all of the back buttons (R, L, ZR, ZL) do... weird things. L now is Left Analogue and Screenshot, R is Down Analogue with Home, ZL is Up Analogue, and ZR is Right Analogue with A. Has anyone every heard of/ran into this issue before, or have any advice on how to fix it?

PalindromicBreadLoaf

Just a duck floating in a pond.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't believe that the controller has any chip where it stores button mappings, as those are all saved on the Switch. I did try to use controller configs to fix the problem, but that would just leave me with ZL ZR R and L as the only working buttons, with everything else disabled.

Reactions: Takokeshi

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's not something I've heard of, but I'd contact Nintendo tbh. It's a legit hardware problem with a legit product, not caused by doing anything shady, and they might be able to tell you how to reset it, or if not, that it needs repairing or replacing.

Reactions: Takokeshi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew +1