Switch OLED weird Horizontal green line.

Consoledestroyer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello, today I noticed that something appears on my screen. There is a green horizontal line out of nowhere. I am sure there was not something like that a day before. The console did not fall, I did not break it, smash or something. I used it carefully. I saw JerryRigEverything where he pushed Oled to it’s limits and nothing similar happened. I checked the screen cable and tried to reconnect it, it did not help. I have installed a picofly a couple weeks ago but everything was fine until now. I tried to disconnect the chip by disconnecting the cpu tape from chip. It booted into OFW but the line was still there. I will be grateful for every response.

Attachments

• IMG_3404.jpeg
    IMG_3404.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 50

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I mean it can be one of those lines that feed the screen. Do you have a green screen even in Hekate?

Consoledestroyer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I mean it can be one of those lines that feed the screen. Do you have a green screen even in Hekate?
I have not, and I don’t see it to be available. I can say that the line looks weird, like blurry.
Post automatically merged:

Check for damage on the LCD ribbon cable.
I have been checked it and didn’t see anything obvious. Tried disconnect and connect against and clean using isopropyl alcohol. Didn’t help.
Post automatically merged:

I am pretty sure that nothing like drop or smash didn’t happen to console so that is really weird. What should I see if the ribbon cable is damaged, how to know that?

Whitefeather

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It does look exactly as your problem, except it is on a different height.
It appeared from one day to the other, it is visible on every screen except the pure black one.
Not sure if it is a green line problem. It looks like the brightness is higher on that single pixel line.
Tried to fix it with OLED burn in videos, turn off and rest the unit, etc. Unfortunately nothing helped.
I guess we will have to get used to it if we don't want to replace the screen.

Consoledestroyer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It does look exactly as your problem, except it is on a different height.
It appeared from one day to the other, it is visible on every screen except the pure black one.
Not sure if it is a green line problem. It looks like the brightness is higher on that single pixel line.
Tried to fix it with OLED burn in videos, turn off and rest the unit, etc. Unfortunately nothing helped.
I guess we will have to get used to it if we don't want to replace the screen.
I had the problem for something like 3 weeks to month. Now it has gone. I don’t know what’s going on. I will let you know if it come back. But fingers crossed it won’t.

Whitefeather

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I had the problem for something like 3 weeks to month. Now it has gone. I don’t know what’s going on. I will let you know if it come back. But fingers crossed it won’t.
Nice, mine is still there, but looks like there is hope on the horizon 😊
Did you use yours daily, before it disappeared?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol