Hardware Switch is failing to charge

syrantking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try and give as many details about this problem that I can, please forgive.

I have a Nintendo Switch that doesn't charge. When docking, the green light will quickly flash and then nothing. The only way I was able to get it on was by grabbing a battery from a working Switch and throwing it in there.

When it is powered on by a fully charged battery, the Switch does, however, cast to the dock when it is on and placed in a dock. It will display that it is charging, but no charge is held. I know the battery itself isn't the problem, as the battery will charge when thrown in a properly working Switch. I have tried charging it through different means (multiple docks, multiple USB-C chargers), with the same results.

Because of the sorta kinda working nature of the USB-C port, I feel as thought it can't be as simple as soldering on a replacement USB-C port. I was told it could be the
BQ24193 or M92T36 chip, but I would like a second opinion or two before I start touching anything more. Thanks in advance.

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So fastest first step would be to take multimeter and test capacitors on the short around BQ24193 or M92T36.

Reactions: FXDX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, and retroactively the internet's praise +1