Homebrew Question Switch Homebrew this year?

Will the Nintendo Switch get Homebrew this year?

• Total voters

HotShotAzn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's actually ENTIRELY possible that there could be some within the next few months. You never know! :)

Why do people post stuff like this?

Its entirely possible a unicorn horn will sprout from my ass but that's not likely to happen. When people say "homebrew is possible in the next few months," what do you consider homebrew? A Hello World app? I can guarantee you will not see a useful HB app this year. I will guarantee you will not see a FW spoofer for 6 - 9 months, if not at least a year (if ever). If you think otherwise, then in all seriousness, you are lying to yourself. Why? I'm not even sure myself.

I have a 3.0 Switch. I'll update for Odyssey. Or actually, maybe I'll sell my "hackable" Switch and just buy an updated one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is this confirmed?
That you need to update the conolse to play offline games?
If so then fml

No way of confirming until Nintendo states it or someone gets the cartridge but seeing as how Nintendo would be vested in wanting to get people off the hackable FW, I'd say this is a reality.

Last edited by HotShotAzn,
Reactions: SLiV3R

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Its entirely possible a unicorn horn will sprout from my ass but that's not likely to happen. When people say "homebrew is possible in the next few months," what do you consider homebrew? A Hello World app? I can guarantee you will not see a useful HB app this year. I will guarantee you will not see a FW spoofer for 6 - 9 months, if not at least a year (if ever). If you think otherwise, then in all seriousness, you are lying to yourself. Why? I'm not even sure myself.

I have a 3.0 Switch. I'll update for Odyssey. Or actually, maybe I'll sell my "hackable" Switch and just buy an updated one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No way of confirming until Nintendo states it or someone gets the cartridge but seeing as how Nintendo would be vested in wanting to get people off the hackable FW, I'd say this is a reality.
Hey! A new asshole on the forums, super!

Sounds like you weren't around for the Vita scene. That exploded with rejuvinate very early.

Don't be a dingus who makes idiotic assumptions. Kiddo.

Look at my "messages", then look at yours. Look at my "likes", then back at yours...
You don't earn respect here by being an asshole, kiddie... unless you do it correctly, like me. ;) Just a word of wisdom. You're going about it all wrong.

Last edited by Thirty3Three,

Kilim

ReiNX Official Dad™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

found the guy who updated to 3.0.1 :toot::toot:

Emenaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is this confirmed?
That you need to update the conolse to play offline games?
If so then fml
no only if it requires online to work like splatoon. otherwise you can just put up with the nag screen and skip it each time you start the game.
Is that how it works? So if you have a 2.0.0 console and buy a physical copy of Splatoon 2, can you play it offline without updating the console?
I hear some people here say that game cartridges with updates force a system update, and that you probably can't play newer games like Mario Odyssey without updating to 3.0.1+. But that's not true?

Last edited by Emenaria,

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if switch homebrew is going to come out within 2017. I hope it comes out in 5 seconds, but that's just wishful thinking.

I'd have to guess around late December 2017 or possibly mid-2018. Maybe 2019 if you're pessimistic.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Funny how you people saying no think you're right. You do not know when or if homebrew will happen. For all you know, it could happen today, tomorrow, next week, 4 years from now, or even 10 years from now. You do not know when, so stop saying not this year.

Don't you tell me what to say. I say no and it will be no!

This is just another useless speculation thread so please take every comment as an opinion based on the little knowledge we have on this one, nothing more and nothing less.

And since the most viable source has spoken already, this thread won't get us any further and can be closed for good.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hope so, I only opened my Switch Box to check the Firm.. Then put it back.. I just want Retroarch before Christmas.. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1