Hacking Switch games asking for software update, but there isnt one?

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im no expert on switch hacking but I think I have the basics down.

My switch is currently on 9.2.0. Atmosphere is 0.10.3

I believe this to be the lastest versions of both firmware and atmosphere am I correct?

The trouble Im having is that some games are giving me the message "A Software Update is required, Update data will be downloaded now"

But my switch is banned so this obviously doesnt happen.

This is a message to say a firmware update is available isnt it? As if so, how can there be when im already on the latest one?

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
If you install the update of the game instead of the base-game then you also get this error.
The normal eShop has some safety features so that you can't do that but most CFW install tools don't have such a check.

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a message to say a firmware update is available isnt it? As if so, how can there be when im already on the latest one?

The message is referring to an update for the game itself, not for the console/firmware. You'll need to download and install the update to stop the nag.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The message is referring to an update for the game itself, not for the console/firmware. You'll need to download and install the update to stop the nag.

So what's the difference then when the message is a software update is required, and the other message which is an update is available for this game?

za_kk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have the same issue but when running it without CFW it works fine, but once I switch to my emumMC it asks for an update. I've tried copying my Nintendo folder over but the issue still persists, does anyone have any fixes for this?

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what's the difference then when the message is a software update is required, and the other message which is an update is available for this game?

If it's for the game, it will say "A software update".
If it's for the console, it will say "A system update".

Also, if it's a game update.. it will let you bypass and still play the game without updating. Itll just nag you every time until you update the game

If it's a system update that's required.. it will not give you the option to still play without updating

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it's for the game, it will say "A software update".
If it's for the console, it will say "A system update".

Also, if it's a game update.. it will let you bypass and still play the game without updating. Itll just nag you every time until you update the game

If it's a system update that's required.. it will not give you the option to still play without updating

That's the issue I'm having. I'm on the latest system firmware, but games are saying a system update is required. I can't figure out how to get around this

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are all games having this issue or just particular ones? Are you running vanilla Atmosphere, or are you also using hekate/kosmos?

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are all games having this issue or just particular ones? Are you running vanilla Atmosphere, or are you also using hekate/kosmos?

Just particular ones. This wasn't happening until I update system firmware to the latest a few days ago. Now some games are asking for a system update. It's only half a dozen or so.

Running atmosphere.

TamarindoJuice

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just particular ones. This wasn't happening until I update system firmware to the latest a few days ago. Now some games are asking for a system update. It's only half a dozen or so.

Running atmosphere.

Did you find a fix for this? I'm trying to run RR3, installed both BASE and latest UPD file but it keeps asking for "an update"...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4vMLpcX7A