Hardware Switch forgetting battery level when left turned off for a few hours

Switch1009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Help! My Switch used to have the fast battery draining problem where it goes from 100% to 1% very quickly, dropping by one percent every second. It was fixed after I charged it for a few cycles, but I still have another problem. If I were to turn it off and leave it off for a few hours or overnight, it will be at 1% when I turn it on, but the battery will still last for a few hours. I think the battery indicator is showing the wrong battery level. How can I fix this?

Everlasting1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help! My Switch used to have the fast battery draining problem where it goes from 100% to 1% very quickly, dropping by one percent every second. It was fixed after I charged it for a few cycles, but I still have another problem. If I were to turn it off and leave it off for a few hours or overnight, it will be at 1% when I turn it on, but the battery will still last for a few hours. I think the battery indicator is showing the wrong battery level. How can I fix this?

Hardware issue potentially, change the battery if you've got one. Or is it a board level repair hard to tell. Try a reset too. Good luck.

D

Deleted User

Have you tried calibrating the battery?
Discharge the battery until the console shuts down and leave it like that overnight, charge it in the morning for several hours and see if that fixed the issue.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there's a battery desync issue caused by using another OS other than Horizon or leaving your Switch in RCM for too long, open Hekate. Merely opening the app will fix these kinds of battery desync issues automatically.

Switch1009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Have you tried calibrating the battery?
Discharge the battery until the console shuts down and leave it like that overnight, charge it in the morning for several hours and see if that fixed the issue.
I already did that. I mentioned I used to have the fast battery draining issue, and doing that fixed the fast battery draining problem, but not the Switch forgetting battery level if left turned off for a few hours issue.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If there's a battery desync issue caused by using another OS other than Horizon or leaving your Switch in RCM for too long, open Hekate. Merely opening the app will fix these kinds of battery desync issues automatically.
I already tried that too. I injected the Hekate payload a couple of times before to no avail.

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Any update on this issue?

I am facing the same as OP, and whenever I turn it off for a few hours battery indicator shows 1% when actual battery is like 90%.

I can still play games as usual, but it is very annoying

Switch1009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Any update on this issue?

I am facing the same as OP, and whenever I turn it off for a few hours battery indicator shows 1% when actual battery is like 90%.

I can still play games as usual, but it is very annoying

It’s apparently a hardware issue. In my case it had nothing to do with the battery itself, and rather, it was a problem with the motherboard. I brought it somewhere for repair, but they ended up messing up my motherboard, and the switch now gives an error message when booted up. I was told the only solution now was to replace the entire motherboard.

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
How could a hardware issue appear after a while?

Did you try unplugging the battery? Or how did you discover that it was an issue with the motherboard?

Switch1009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

Did you try unplugging the battery? Or how did you discover that it was an issue with the motherboard?
Yes, if the battery is removed and put back in, and the switch is turned on again, it shows the correct percentage, but if you were to switch it off and leave it off for a while, and were to switch it on again, it’ll be back to 1%. And the switch seems to have a lot of problems, so it’s not unusual for hardware issues like this to pop up out of the blue for apparently no reason. My other switch also had to be sent for repair before for another motherboard-related issue.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It was a problem with the motherboard for my own switch personally, and I don’t know if it’s the same for yours, so you don’t have to take it that it’s a motherboard problem on your own switch as well. You’re free to try other solutions, like replacing the battery to see if it’s a battery problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth