Hardware Homebrew Misc Switch constantly crashing and freezing, among other issues

Pyoro_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hello, so I just modded my Nintendo Switch a few days ago, but I keep having problems, games are crashing, atmosphere is crashing, (2002-3502) sometimes my games refuse to boot, random panics, freezing, I keep getting 1 bit mode in hekate (rarely but it happens) and the sd card test just gave me 32 read/write errors, I've tried multiple cards, is my switch at fault? Thank you.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, so I just modded my Nintendo Switch a few days ago, but I keep having problems, games are crashing, atmosphere is crashing, (2002-3502) sometimes my games refuse to boot, random panics, freezing, I keep getting 1 bit mode in hekate (rarely but it happens) and the sd card test just gave me 32 read/write errors, I've tried multiple cards, is my switch at fault? Thank you.
Was this a modchip install? If so then its definitely an issue there.

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
The 1 bit mode usually refers to a problem with the sd card reader, either the removeable adapter or the socket. I repaired one of these for someone who was missing 2 pins from the socket side on the board. I had to bypass the missing pins with jumper cables from the test points on the board, to pins on the sd card adapter.

Reactions: HawaiianInTown

Pyoro_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
The 1 bit mode usually refers to a problem with the sd card reader, either the removeable adapter or the socket. I repaired one of these for someone who was missing 2 pins from the socket side on the board. I had to bypass the missing pins with jumper cables from the test points on the board, to pins on the sd card adapter.
oh, so my sd card reader is broken? great...
Post automatically merged:

Have you been using the same folders/files for all your SD cards? What firmware and CFW are you using?
same files for both sd cards, same folders when formatting, 17.0.1 OFW and latest atmosphere.

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
oh, so my sd card reader is broken? great...
Post automatically merged:

same files for both sd cards, same folders when formatting, 17.0.1 OFW and latest atmosphere.

Quite possibly. I would try the following, in this order: a) A different SD card b) a replacement adapter (very easy to fit) c) look at the socket side.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game