Tutorial  Updated

Switch 7.0 Downgrade to 6.2 tutorial

Update: Since Atmosphere has released with 7.0.X support, To downgrade without a backup, just use ChoidujourNX.
For those with backups you can still follow the method below

After seeing reports of downgrading back to 6.2 been broken after updating to switch firmware version 7.0, I can confirm these to be false. I successfully downgraded my switch with 9 burnt fuses on 7.0 to 6.2 with 9 burnt fuses

Downgrading to 6.2 is possible and not broken. Both boot0/boot1 must be the same version as nand backup

• Step 1) Place 6.2 nand + boot0/1 backup on sd card
  • Step 2) Boot into RCM and launch hekate
  • Step 3) Restore boot 0/1
  • Step 4) Restore GPP Partitions (or rawnand, I personally used GPP Partitions)
  • Step 5) Launch CFW using Hekate 4.6 or ReiNX 2.0 or sxos (haven't tested with fusee-primary)
  • Step 6) ????
  • Step 7) Profit

EDIT: This is for FG consoles not ipatched
EDIT 2: You will loose any saves you don't have backed up

Will upload proof if people desperately wish

Last edited by Adran_Marit,

linkstan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They don't have a .bin.

This is what the folder looks like:

Put the BOOT0 and BOOT1 file inside the restore folder..I had the same problem.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OP thank you for your thread, but I'm getting stuck on restoring Partitions step. I don't think I backed up the Partitions originally, so now when I try to do restore GPP Partitions option after restoring BOOT files, it gives me some error <5>...I noticed there is a restore EMMC raw GPP for exfat only option too so not sure if that's for me...and my sd card is exfat, but I don't think I even have the partitions folder backed up as I don't see it on my drive...what is my next step? Thanks

Last edited by linkstan,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Put the BOOT0 and BOOT1 file inside the restore folder..I had the same problem.

OP thank you for your thread, but I'm getting stuck on restoring Partitions step. I don't think I backed up the Partitions originally, so now when I try to do restore GPP Partitions option after restoring BOOT files, it gives me some error <5>...I noticed there is a restore EMMC raw GPP for exfat only option too so not sure if that's for me...and my sd card is exfat, but I don't think I even have the partitions folder backed up as I don't see it on my drive...what is my next step? Thanks

if you have rawnand.bin restore that as well as the boot files

Boot0/1 WITHOUT the .bin right?
yep

linkstan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boot0/1 WITHOUT the .bin right?

yes.

if you have rawnand.bin restore that as well as the boot files

yep

I don't have a single rawnand.bin file but i do have nand.bin.0x (1-9) files..do I click on the bat to merge or leave it be? I'm stuck.....Ohhhh do I have to create a Parititions folder now and put the 9 files of the nand.bin in there and then try pressing on the Restore GPP Partitions?

I did that and it still said "Error, file can't be found."

Same thing happened to me. Then I realized I'm on a MAC, and had to do one extra step to make sure the BIN extension is really eliminated by pressing "get info" on the file and manually deleting the extension...maybe that's your issue too?

That is obviously if you followed the instructions and put the BOOT files inside the restore folder

P.S. The "Backup" folder is one word...not split into two like I see you have so not sure if you made it yourself or your NS created it like that.

Last edited by linkstan,

Trophies
XP
Country
yes.

I don't have a single rawnand.bin file but i do have nand.bin.0x (1-9) files..do I click on the bat to merge or leave it be? I'm stuck.....Ohhhh do I have to create a Parititions folder now and put the 9 files of the nand.bin in there and then try pressing on the Restore GPP Partitions?

Same thing happened to me. Then I realized I'm on a MAC, and had to do one extra step to make sure the BIN extension is really eliminated by pressing "get info" on the file and manually deleting the extension...maybe that's your issue too?

That is obviously if you followed the instructions and put the BOOT files inside the restore folder
I'm using Windows and I'm using Boot0/1 without putting .bin after them.

linkstan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Windows and I'm using Boot0/1 without putting .bin after them.

You clicked on "properties" on the files to make sure it's not registered as a BIN file/extension? Sometime just deleting the extension in the name label doesn't remove the property setting of the file. Just keep that in mind, too.

Last edited by linkstan,

linkstan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[/QUOTE]

@Adran_Marit So I noticed it's looking for files such as PRODINFO/BCPKG2-Normal-Sub, SAFE, SYSTEM, etc which I don't have any of these?
What do I do now? Like I said I don't think I have any Partitions folder backup, just those nandbin files and I already put the nandbin files into Partitions folder but it's seeking other files which it cannot find with again error <4>..Does this have something to do with using the other feature for exfat like "restore EMMC RAW GPP (exfatonly)"?

Last edited by linkstan,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

@Adran_Marit So I noticed it's looking for files such as PRODINFO/BCPKG2-Normal-Sub, SAFE, SYSTEM, etc which I don't have any of these?
What do I do now? Like I said I don't think I have any Partitions folder backup, just those nandbin files and I already put the nandbin files into Partitions folder but it's seeking other files which it cannot find with again error <4>[/QUOTE]

rawnand.bin (should be 29gb) goes in the restore folder not the paritions folder. if it isn't 29gb run the joiner script for a single file

From your number and letters folder inside the backup folder on pc, copy the below files to the restore folder on your SD card

- Boot 0
- Boot 1
- rawnand.bin

Example on sd card
inside The folder on SD card Backup>numberletter folder>restore folder <....place files here...

linkstan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do I do now? Like I said I don't think I have any Partitions folder backup, just those nandbin files and I already put the nandbin files into Partitions folder but it's seeking other files which it cannot find with again error <4>

rawnand.bin (should be 29gb) goes in the restore folder not the paritions folder. if it isn't 29gb run the joiner script for a single file[/QUOTE]

It's 14 files ranging from 0-9 in nandbin and it comes out to like 31gb total...I'm thinking maybe again the culprit is the BIN extension? What do you think? Even though it's looking for different name files altogether, unless you're saying just run the script for a single file will solve it.

Ok it looks like running EMMC RAW GPP (exFAT only) just seeks one rawnand.bin file so this is probably what I need to run and run the script to join the files for a single nand file...Will keep you updated!

Last edited by linkstan,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
rawnand.bin (should be 29gb) goes in the restore folder not the paritions folder. if it isn't 29gb run the joiner script for a single file

It's 14 files ranging from 0-9 in nandbin and it comes out to like 31gb total...I'm thinking maybe again the culprit is the BIN extension? What do you think? Even though it's looking for different name files altogether.[/QUOTE]

You should have boot0/1 (no extention) and rawnand.bin

if you don't have a single rawnand.bin file i.e rawnand.bin.00, rawnand.bin.01 then run the joiner script to make one... it should at least be 29 gb

if you have these files then they go in the sd card like this

sd:\backup\nandID\restore\boot0
sd:\backup\nandID\restore\boot1
sd:\backup\nandID\restore\rawnand.bin

Reactions: linkstan

linkstan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"size of the SD card backup does not match, EmmC's selected part size"

that's the msg now that I get..gonna see what's up now? I'm almost there which is encouraging.

linkstan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure about that one sorry, maybe ask on cannas thread about backing up and restoring HERE

I appreciate the help, but it looks like I ended the conversion command of the joiner app a bit too abruptly so it didn't reach the full capacity it needed to. Hopefully that's the issue.

Trophies
XP
Country
I think my Switch is bricked. I was able to restore everything but the USER, it said it couldn't be found I was able to get to 6.2 but then I got an error and now my Switch won't turn on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, And you too :) +1