ILikeBacon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BenieUK said:
QUOTE said:
When i download the file, it shows up with a .dol codec. I cant open the file, please help!

A .dol file needs to be run through the Homebrew Channel on your wii NOT your PC.
i just put superdump.dol on the root of the sd card then went to homebrew channel and nothing happened

TEC36

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Canada
ILikeBacon said:
BenieUK said:
QUOTE said:
When i download the file, it shows up with a .dol codec. I cant open the file, please help!

A .dol file needs to be run through the Homebrew Channel on your wii NOT your PC.
i just put superdump.dol on the root of the sd card then went to homebrew channel and nothing happened

I assume (assume being key word) that you need to put in the Rock Band 1 disc as well. But I'm not sure.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
ILikeBacon said:
BenieUK said:
QUOTE said:

You should know that the Homebrew Channel reads DOLs in /apps/, silly.

Rename the DOL as "boot.dol" and put it in "/apps/Superdump/"

tueidj

I R Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BoomDivX said:
And to answer why you should do it even if 3 other apps are doing it:
- one program to do all is better in my opinion
- "why should I reimplement a feature that already exists in at least 3 other dumping programs?" Because you're program is already doing something the 3 others are doing, but faster!
Still missing the point... the wii's wifi speed tops out at around 450-500KB/s. Adding wifi support to superdump would not be any faster than existing programs.
QUOTEthough i completely agree with LightyKD wifi is a option that should definitely be included in this app, ppl have preferences.
to make a truly good app is to try to cater to a wide audience e.g. ppl who prefer wifi dumping.
You want me to spend hours/days working on wifi support just for the few people who are too lazy to choose between clicking superdump or ftpii from the homebrew channel?

Superdump was made because the existing programs were too slow at dumping to disc. The exisiting programs that can dump to wifi already give the best performance possible. Superdump was not written to be the greatest dumper app of all time, it was meant to be the fastest SD dumper - that was extended to include USB support since there weren't any fast USB dumpers either, but wifi cannot be improved and will not be added.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I knew that answer was coming - it's just a shame you had to spell it out, tueidj.

I think this is a great program. It works only slightly slower than USBL GX dumping to any of my USB sticks (except 1 that took 20 minutes longer than any other stick) than dumping to my exHDD. So long as I use WBFS, I don't particularly need this program, but I do think it's a good tool to have if I'm visiting friends and want to copy their games.

Using command prompt to combine the parts isn't difficult, but I think this application could benefit with a simple bat/exe file for all the lazy people to combine parts for them. And/or a *nix/mac equivolent.

eddieg511

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey im a newb when it comes to Homebrew Channel stuff. How exactly do you dowload SuperDump, meaning where should i put the file, in a specific location?? Also, after I finished instaling the Homebrew Channel can i remove the private folder and things I put on there from my SD card??

Thanks, this would really help.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
TEC36 said:
What is a good program for combining .bin files/making .iso files?

Note that I'm broke.
Dialexio said:
This goes into the command prompt for Windows XP and up.
Code:
copy /b 0.bin+1.bin+2.bin wii.iso

And to recap, for *nix systems (including Mac OS X):
CODEcat 0.bin 1.bin 2.bin > wii.iso

Add/remove #.bin files as necessary. If it doesn't work, the files probably aren't in the same directory the Terminal is in.
I have yet to come across a GUI, if that was what you meant.

TEC36

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Canada
Dialexio said:
TEC36 said:
What is a good program for combining .bin files/making .iso files?

Note that I'm broke.
Dialexio said:
Code:

CODEcat 0.bin 1.bin 2.bin > wii.iso

Add/remove #.bin files as necessary. If it doesn't work, the files probably aren't in the same directory the Terminal is in.
I have yet to come across a GUI, if that was what you meant.

Thank you so much!

zeomann20

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dialexio said:
Code:

Code:
cat 0.bin 1.bin 2.bin > wii.iso

I tried this, and after a bit of moving files around, I got it to start working. Once I did, 0.bin (I am trying to combine an ISO of Rock Band 1) appeared and soon a message appeared saying there wasn't enough room to store it. Sure enough, the drive only had about 3GB of free space. I uninstalled a few unneeded programs and soon I had 4.55GB of free space. From what the two .bin files (0 and 1) say, the total space an RB1 ISO takes up is 4.37GB, so I thought I was fine at this point. Unfortunately not. The prompt attempted to combine the .bins and moved on to 1.bin this time. Still, an message saying there was insufficient space popped up.

I typed in copy /b 0.bin+1.bin wii.iso as it says, but I don't think that's the problem. Could I be wrong about the file sizes/free space? Thank you in advance.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Are the .bin files on your computer, on your storage device (SDHC card, USB hard drive...), or both? Just get the .bin files onto the storage device if they aren't there, and delete the .bin files from your computer.

Hopefully, there's enough space on your computer. Just use the command as before, but instead of "wii.iso," make it output onto your computer. Here's an example (I assume you're using XP? Vista changed the user directory location.):
Code:
copy /b 0.bin+1.bin "C:\Documents and Settings\ACCOUNT\Desktop\wii.iso"

tueidj

I R Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The drive that you are writing the .iso to (the disk you say has 4.55GB free space) must be formatted as NTFS, not FAT or FAT32. Otherwise you will get an insufficient disk space message.

zeomann20

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tueidj said:
The drive that you are writing the .iso to (the disk you say has 4.55GB free space) must be formatted as NTFS, not FAT or FAT32. Otherwise you will get an insufficient disk space message.

That would be my problem. I'm trying to write to my C drive. However, I can't format the C drive into NTFS, this is a sibling's computer I'm using for the SD reader. Also, I didn't have a portable device (SD/USB) large enough for both parts so I put them on separate USBs and tried to combine them from those (which worked, as in it tried but there still wasn't enough space for now obvious reasons).

So, it seems I need to either format an entire drive into NTFS, or buy/borrow a portable device large enough for the whole ISO.

Am I right, or is there something else I can do?

conan3000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help,I'm getting really tired. Every time i try to dump it keeps saying "Error reading sector data". What am i doing wrong here? I have a 4gb micro sd with nothing on it.Please help!

nubecoder

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
United States
I was bored and someone mentioned a wanting a GUI, ncConcat is the result.

QUOTE said:
Description:
ncConcat is a small program that can be used to merge multiple files into one file.

Extra Info:
This program simply uses the windows copy command ("copy /b input0+input1+input2 output").
This program was made for people who are too lazy to use the command line or write a batch file.
This program automatically sorts the selected input files.
To access extra settings simply right-click the icon in the system tray.

Requirements:
This program requires .Net 3.0, the official package for .Net 3.5 SP1 (a cumulative update which includes .Net 2.0 SP2/.Net 3.0 SP2/.Net 3.5 SP1) can be downloaded here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0.../dotnetfx35.exe

But I recommend you get and install the silent installer found here (extract and run the "DotNetFX3in1.exe" found inside the SVCPACK folder): http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6431
More information about .Net can be found here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/default.aspx

Changelog:
07-11-2009: Initial release (a01).

All rights reserved
nubecoder
www.nubecoder.com
ncConcat.png

[Download Link]

tueidj

I R Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nubecoder: While I firmly believe people who can't use the command prompt have no business hacking their wii, your app is greatly appreciated.

conan3000: Install a cIOS, preferably rev13 or later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on having to wash them. :D