Gaming Super Mario 3D Land Length

Is the game long or short?

• Total voters

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
took me about 12 hours to beat all of it, getting all the needed big coins and all the pictures.

it feels short, doesnt mean it is short.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I feel like the main story was short, but then there is enough with the extra content.

I beat the first eight worlds with all the coins fairly fast. I still never got around to beating all of the special worlds though.

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read in other threads how some people found the game short, but with all the content, I didn't see how
they can say that.

What do you think?
I don't consider reusing the same levels again and tweaking them just a little counts as its own level... So I don't really get it when someone would suggest the game has alot of content.

I also don't consider re-doing the game all over again as Luigi counts either. And the 3 star Coins are merely just time sinks. No single player or online modes, just "street pass" type options that are only practical for people living in large US cities, or in Japan.

So yeah... the game was too short, and too easy, but I'm still glad I got it. Its better to have a well-done Mario game that you can 100% in 6-10 hours, than a crappy-mediocre game that you'll never beat because it sucks too much to play.

It should also be noted that level length itself felt pretty short. Alot of them I would ask myself "What? Its already over?"

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
It's huge, much longer than I expected.
I've clocked 32 hours and still haven't completed it fully. (I think it was about 20 hours for the regular playthrough, the rest doing the extra stuff.)

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's fun and interesting, however it's short and incredibly easy.
The length could have been increased if everything wasn't so simple.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it was a bit on the short side only because the levels werent as long as most 3D Marios (which was intentional) so it only makes sense that it would feel short even though most likely it was about as long as NSMBWii or DS. It would have been nice to see some multiplayer or atleast minigames but over-all I think it was a fine game, (I dont intend on 100%ing it but I think ill get all the starcoins and see what that unlocks)

YoshiKart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was horribly short. 100%'d in about three days. It was more tedious beating the game with both characters in reused levels.
Tanooki suit was ridiculously game breaking. D: I tried avoiding it for the whole game.

DLC anyone?

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I heard their were 8 worlds plus another 8 special worlds, I thought "Wow, thats a lot of content!"
But, then I actually got the game, and I saw that each "world" only contains about 5 or 6 stages. And most of the special worlds are just tweaked versions of the originals.
Its still a great game, and worth buying, but it feels short even compared to a lot of the classic mario games.
Plus, in many of the stages its not that hard to pass them without dying even once. And finding the 3 coins in each level usually isn't too hard as well. So for a lot of the stages, you will probably play through them once or twice and thats it.

By the way, anyone else feel like the 3d doesn't really add anything to the gameplay? I was reading all of these reviews talking about how this is finally showing what the 3ds is good for... but I don't get it, its nothing more than a visual effect. I don't see how it enhances the gameplay at all. Whether I play with 3d on or off, it feels the same to me.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I heard their were 8 worlds plus another 8 special worlds, I thought "Wow, thats a lot of content!"
But, then I actually got the game, and I saw that each "world" only contains about 5 or 6 stages. And most of the special worlds are just tweaked versions of the originals.
Its still a great game, and worth buying, but it feels short even compared to a lot of the classic mario games.
Plus, in many of the stages its not that hard to pass them without dying even once. And finding the 3 coins in each level usually isn't too hard as well. So for a lot of the stages, you will probably play through them once or twice and thats it.

By the way, anyone else feel like the 3d doesn't really add anything to the gameplay? I was reading all of these reviews talking about how this is finally showing what the 3ds is good for... but I don't get it, its nothing more than a visual effect. I don't see how it enhances the gameplay at all. Whether I play with 3d on or off, it feels the same to me.

I think its for people who arent used to gaming, like little kids or older adults, It helps me in some cases (like with certain jumps that are hard to judge because of the cammera angle) ill admit that most of the time its uneeded but I can count more then a few times its made a difference between nailing that jump and sliping off the edge.

_elf_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I play almost all the time with the 3D on. As the time passed i felt that i "couldn't see it anymore". Then i played Lego Star Wars for the Wii and died many times trying to make a stupid jump. I had to look for the shadow of the character or others signs to give me the extra dimension. There i saw the importance of the 3D. Turned back my 3DS and smilled. "Thats why the 3D helps" i said (that or i tottaly suck at platforms :rofl2: witch i don't :angry: ).
Try making the same thing and you will see how it helps :rolleyes:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?