Hacking [Suggestion] PS4 Bundles & Firmware List

Scarecrow B

ScrapTown
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I saw a PS4 Pro at a Best Buy that refers to Horizon Zero Dawn as "Coming 2017." What are the chances that it is a launch PS4 Pro?
I'd say like 70% that is below 4.07. But there is also the chance that it is a newer system with an old box. Also the ones confirmed to be below 4.07 are Slim, so I'm not too sure about the Pro version.
How can you verify its a launch edition ? You'd have to ask their staff to see how long they've had it ?
Yes, if the box does not have manufactured date/code then you have to ask the staff.

Last edited by Scarecrow B,

Deeptrap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
good time to buy a ps4 pro.
im looking for a old bundle but i wonder if there has been released a ps4 pro with bundle on sep till dec 2016 to be sure i got the right one.

with the wii U it was easier.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Is the Horizon Zero Dawn (500 GB) Slim bundle under 4.05?

Edit: Probably not. Game came out in February this year, and 4.06 came out in November 2016, 3 months before it.

Last edited by DSpider,

ClickCLK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Tried to find ps4 pro with fw <4.06 today in local stores (Krasnoyarsk, Russia), visited 5 of them, mostly big retail chains. 95% of these stores got cuh-7008b, date near the barcodes on boxes was mostly 06/2017 and 07/2017, some were 05/2017 and one 04/2017. One shop got cuh-7016b without any date on box (I guess it's imported). Lowest firmware I could find was 4.50 on a display unit. No luck for today :(

tnt2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
location plays a big part of the hunt, also economy i guess, most of the consoles in stores around me are new even like "deals" bundeled with a tv or something, all the consoles are new.

however i found uncharted 4 slim 500gb bundle, does that mean it is guaranteed to be under 4.05 if it was sealed?

Scarecrow B

ScrapTown
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
location plays a big part of the hunt, also economy i guess, most of the consoles in stores around me are new even like "deals" bundeled with a tv or something, all the consoles are new.

however i found uncharted 4 slim 500gb bundle, does that mean it is guaranteed to be under 4.05 if it was sealed?
Nothing is guaranteed with sony. But you have a pretty good chance that is is below 4.05. Anyway it would be a good idea to check if it has a manufatured date or at least that it match the correct code for the bundle (MC71809XXXX).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is the Horizon Zero Dawn (500 GB) Slim bundle under 4.05?

Edit: Probably not. Game came out in February this year, and 4.06 came out in November 2016, 3 months before it.

This bundle -> Horizon Zero Dawn and Three Months PS Bundle (CUH-2016B B01Y)
Was reported to be 3.55. It doesn't actually have the game, just a code to download it when the game was released. But that doesn't mean that new bundles couldn't have higher firmware.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
This bundle -> Horizon Zero Dawn and Three Months PS Bundle (CUH-2016B B01Y)
Was reported to be 3.55. It doesn't actually have the game, just a code to download it when the game was released. But that doesn't mean that new bundles couldn't have higher firmware.
I don't think it matters anyway. All this hype for <=4.05, when NOTHING, and NO ONE released ALBSOLUTELY ZILTCH, NADA, NIENTE.

Kernel exploit my foot.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it matters anyway. All this hype for <=4.05, when NOTHING, and NO ONE released ALBSOLUTELY ZILTCH, NADA, NIENTE.

Kernel exploit my foot.

Do you have anything to contribute to the community or have you done anything on your own to attempt to get this working?

I've managed to get kernel access on 3.55 :ph34r:

Reactions: zoogie

mac033

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im going to be honest guys, Unless you absolutely NEED a NEW PS4 This whole thread is giving you the run around. The EASIEST way to get a low FW console(regardless of which one you need) is to walk in to any pawn shop and ask them to buy a ps4, etc they bought prior to FW release date. BINGO BANGO done. SMH i mean you're planning on immediately voiding the warranty as soon as you possibly can any way..

maxgamer19

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Is this bundle eligible for 4.05. I am considering buying it during Black Friday sales but I want to be sure of the firmware as I will be importing it to India. I have asked the seller for the model no. on the box but he hasn't replied. The sales of this bundle has increased since the news of 4.05 exploit came out so is there a possibility that sellers may have refreshed their stock and the now selling bundles may have fw <4.05?

Edit: The forum is not allowing me to post links so here is the name of the bundle. Its on amazon.
PlayStation 4 Slim 500GB Console - Uncharted 4 Bundle [Discontinued]

Last edited by maxgamer19,

satelman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this bundle eligible for 4.05. I am considering buying it during Black Friday sales but I want to be sure of the firmware as I will be importing it to India. I have asked the seller for the model no. on the box but he hasn't replied. The sales of this bundle has increased since the news of 4.05 exploit came out so is there a possibility that sellers may have refreshed their stock and the now selling bundles may have fw <4.05?

Edit: The forum is not allowing me to post links so here is the name of the bundle. Its on amazon.

It may come with firmware version 4.07, be careful. It has happened to me.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
im going to be honest guys, Unless you absolutely NEED a NEW PS4 This whole thread is giving you the run around. The EASIEST way to get a low FW console(regardless of which one you need) is to walk in to any pawn shop and ask them to buy a ps4, etc they bought prior to FW release date. BINGO BANGO done. SMH i mean you're planning on immediately voiding the warranty as soon as you possibly can any way..
Make sure you clean it for roaches and roach eggs first. ;) They LOVE to breed inside these warm consoles.

Baxarn

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Any idea which firmware this bundle will be on amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Ultimate-Icons-Player/dp/B074PVGQQG

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

Mine came with 3.51 and i updated it to 3.55. If you're a prime member you can return it for free

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone heard of firmware 3.51? I received the Uncharted 4 bundle and it is on System Software 3.51. I did a Google search and the only other place I see firmware 3.51 mentioned is a thread on PSXHAX.

Region - Firmware - Manufactured - Retailer - Date Purchased - Bundle(?). . . . - Serial
NA . . - 3.51 . . - June 2016. . - Amazon . - 10/21/17 . . . - Uncharted 4 Slim - MC71809XXXX

Good finding. It is only one that is not in firmware list. Dont update it!!!! You should report to someone. I will pm you now.

P.S. Sent pm to you.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

Sotirisdim4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I know this may not help since its a generic black slim but...

PS4 Slim Black 500GB (CUH-2016A), Date Code 7A (Between Jan and Mar 2017), EU, came with 4.05, bought in Greece from Public (a local store chain), Ordered June 12,2017 received June 15,2017

Last edited by Sotirisdim4,
Reactions: olfa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and sticky