streotype about nintendo?

loco365

Trophies
XP
Why do Ninty fanboys like to whine so much?
because they haven't experienced hardcore games for hardcore gamers, such as ourselves.

Ah there was me thinking it was because they were overgrown children, who think saving princesses is better than shooting some modern international terrorists. Republicanism FTW lads.
What if those kinds of games just don't appeal to us?

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Than you believe in monarchy and the tyranny behind it. You do not believe in meritocracy, freedom, justice, love, peace and economic prosperity but fear, persecution and violence, which has legitimacy due to the one demanding it wears a crown. A crown made out of blood and tears.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
for the wii versions of call of duty tho, only difference(besides screen resolution) between (wii & ps3/360) is no split screen & for black ops 1 zombie map. everything else story, & online & voice chat the same.
Nope. There's a lot missing from the Wii versions. No killcams, less customization, no player-controlled killstreak rewards (except for RC-XD), no DLC. It would be a huge list if I was to specify everything that was missing. But that's besides the point. It's also (for the most part) missing the whiny bitchy people on the other consoles.

ha true that, online on ps3/360 version of games people yelling & cursing. my cusin brought his 360 over a while back & we played gta 4 online & guy screaming & cursing over the mic because i was in a car lol.

last week online on black ops wii tho, just general l talking most of the time. then this 1 girl whining in zombies lol, then someone had there radio up to the mic. :blink:

as for that other stuff, killcam it seems to have that online in black ops wii as i remember, not sure what you mean by less customization, im barely on 23 tho so haven't unlocked everything yet, have bought (rc-xd tho) but so far seems to have exactly everything 360/ps3 version has. my best friends has black ops 360 (which i go over & play every weekend) & hes unlocked everything & i see no difference(between 360/wii version) in content online(besides DLC).
the future 3DS/ Wii-U versions should have that tho.

edit:
& @emigre wha?!?!?! :blink:

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the name "Rainbow Six Vegas" was never used.

It was a joke.

for one this wasn't a talk about graphics, i was a talk about those games being on the console in general.
content:
for the wii versions of call of duty tho, only difference(besides screen resolution) between (wii & ps3/360) is no split screen & for black ops 1 zombie map. everything else story, & online & voice chat the same.

Pretty sure some maps are cut and there's also no DLC. Also limits of people per game and some of the silly extras too. Or so I thought.

for the ds versions oveiously there diffrent games but they useally take on a diffrent story from the console games so can't really complain there about being the same game, they still have story, multiplayer, online, zombies, survival mode, ect.

They're still generally mediocre.

2. "CoD games for Nintendo consoles are inferior to their HD counterparts" as said before graphics/screen resolution isn't a topic here.

Then let's talk about DLC, content, etc.

medal of honer that's up to you(its not mario & on a nintendo console tho)

Heroes 2 was only acceptable because of the lack of FPS games on the system, especially good ones.

no more heroes were not talking about hd were talking about being on the console(which it started on wii)

Call of Duty was made for the HD consoles and then just downported to the Wii.

i wasn't talking about resident evil 5 i was talking about resident evil 4(which started on gamecube a nintendo console & ported to wii), which wii also has resident evil: umbrella chronicles, darkside chronicles,Resident evil Archives: Resident evil, Resident evil zero. not to mention the DS/3DS side Resident evil: Deadly silence for DS, & for 3DS Resident evil: Mercinaries 3D & Resident evil Revilations(which is technically resident evil 4.5 takes place between 4 & 5). resident evil 5 was the only version the ps3/360 got i think besides operation racoon city coming to them.

Resident Evil 4 was a port. Umbrella Chronicles was bad, Darkside Chronicles was admittedly good, Archives was a port of a remake, Zero was a port, Deadly Silence was shit, and Mercs was a $40 side game. Hell, I pay like what, $10 at most of CoD Zombies on my iPhone but I pay $40 for Mercs on my 3DS? Yeah, sure. Resident Evil 5 was still main series and definitively HD. Quality over quantity.

Also, RE4 on the Wii is basically a port of the PS2 version since it has all the PS2 content with motion controls on it.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

Switch 'localizations' with 'games'.

"Generally, Nintendo’s localizations are like Pixar movies: they have this really massive, super-wide appeal, yet somehow they don’t feel dumbed-down at all. Most people probably don’t realize how incredibly difficult that is to do — to make something that kids can understand but adults don’t feel insulted by."

This quote sums up everything pretty nicely.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The people who seriously make that claim are also the same type of people that unironically call themselves "Bro-seph". The only other people that believe this are imagined.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure some maps are cut and there's also no DLC. Also limits of people per game and some of the silly extras too. Or so I thought.
i said there was no DLC in my last comment, & the maps online are exactly the same, i play online wii version almost every day, & the 360 version at friends every weekend. only difference i noticed in maps in on zombies before the theater there's a wall in the wii version for some reason lol.

They're still generally mediocre.
but still exist on the handheld.

Then let's talk about DLC, content, etc.
only thing missing from the wii version is DLC, & screen resolution. you play the games side by side lol.

Heroes 2 was only acceptable because of the lack of FPS games on the system, especially good ones.
i hear that they shut down the 32 player online server. :/

Call of Duty was made for the HD consoles and then just downported to the Wii.
call of duty existed before HD consoles(as you call them) were out, they were on mac, pc, GBA, DS, PSP, N-Gage, ps2, gamecube, & i think xbox. also i think a diffrent team worked on the Wii/DS versions as i remember.

Resident Evil 4 was a port. Umbrella Chronicles was bad, Darkside Chronicles was admittedly good, Archives was a port of a remake, Zero was a port, Deadly Silence was shit, and Mercs was a $40 side game. Hell, I pay like what, $10 at most of CoD Zombies on my iPhone but I pay $40 for Mercs on my 3DS? Yeah, sure. Resident Evil 5 was still main series and definitively HD. Quality over quantity.
i said resident evil 4 wii edition was a port, & yes those others are ports. yes deadly silence(ha i almost spelled science :ha: ) was shit lol.
& why port the ps2 version of the game when gamecube version had best graphics? o.0

also all this talk about HD, i hear that most ps3/360 games don't even support full 1080p or 720p
heard someware back that they go someware around 600p or close & Wii max's out at 480p.

which is only 120p over... i think :blink: pp-up pokemon idk
4229f887-17e8-4f40-9599-f464994ddba8.jpg
Sceen compairison gameplay
http://www.gamesradar.com/modern-warfare-3s-graphics-compared-xbox-360-and-wii/

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu