Street_Fighter_IV_RF_XBOX360-KFC

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prime said:
WildWon said:
Outta curiosity, if one downloads an early rip of a game for 360 and plays it, with the cat-5 unplugged (no net connection)... would they still catch you playing it through your "recently played games" thread? Or is there a way around it for prerelease games?

You'd need to play it offline and keep playing your 360 offline until the retail release date.

I think that's pointless. If you play it before then you'll have a saved game dating back to before the release date. M$ does a quick check on the dates, finds out you've got a pre-release game, you're banned.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
bubbleboy said:
Prime said:
WildWon said:
Outta curiosity, if one downloads an early rip of a game for 360 and plays it, with the cat-5 unplugged (no net connection)... would they still catch you playing it through your "recently played games" thread? Or is there a way around it for prerelease games?

You'd need to play it offline and keep playing your 360 offline until the retail release date.

I think that's pointless. If you play it before then you'll have a saved game dating back to before the release date. M$ does a quick check on the dates, finds out you've got a pre-release game, you're banned.

They won't ban from the date of the save game , time and date can be changed when you're offline. No way for them to say whether the date the save game was made is accurate or just a random date as you haven't bothered to set it up.

Also if they did ban for early game , loads of legit people would get taken out. Games come out friday here , but it's a pretty regular occurrence for you to get the game on wednesday or thursday if you've pre-ordered. So if they did , they would wipe out loads of legit users.

yardsman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Armadillo said:
bubbleboy said:
Prime said:
WildWon said:

They won't ban from the date of the save game , time and date can be changed when you're offline. No way for them to say whether the date the save game was made is accurate or just a random date as you haven't bothered to set it up.

Also if they did ban for early game , loads of legit people would get taken out. Games come out friday here , but it's a pretty regular occurrence for you to get the game on wednesday or thursday if you've pre-ordered. So if they did , they would wipe out loads of legit users.

IIRC, the ban wave from a few months ago got many people running the latest ixtreme and stealthed games, and the trend seemed to be that they had been playing games before their release dates. These were the games that were all of a sudden leaked *way* before their release dates, I think one was Gears 2, maybe Far Cry 2, and a bunch of others.

Personally, I avoided all pre-released games and got through the wave unscathed, so I'm not about to argue with what's been working for me.

But then again, they've had a SF4 cabinet at my local uni's arcade for months now, so I've been seeing plenty of SF4 action already
biggrin.gif

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
holy shit this game is fucking amazing i've been playing it nonstop since it was released, yes even on live.
i think it should be safe for everyone to play online the only reason capcom would have made it region free and have multiple languages in the japanese version is because they wanted to print all the discs at once meaning no matter where in the world you get the game there's not going to be a difference less work for them.
if you don't believe me now just wait and see till the other releases come out if they even do and be disappointed you didn't play it earlier

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jefffisher said:
holy shit this game is fucking amazing i've been playing it nonstop since it was released, yes even on live.
i think it should be safe for everyone to play online the only reason capcom would have made it region free and have multiple languages in the japanese version is because they wanted to print all the discs at once meaning no matter where in the world you get the game there's not going to be a difference less work for them.
if you don't believe me now just wait and see till the other releases come out if they even do and be disappointed you didn't play it earlier

Um, has it been officially released in Japan officially yet? I can't find a listing online, And the US version isn't out til 17th of February. If the Japanese release date hasn't happened yet... well, it doesn't matter if its region free or not. You're going to be pretty much boned upon OFFICIAL release date. Looks like thats how they're doing a lot of bans for big release games recently.

Again, nothing about that is SURE, but still... be aware of the possibilities.
smile.gif

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my copy waiting.....I won't fire it up until 2/17. I can wait a few more days...
I don't think it worth the possible ban.

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
been plaing this all day but i cant figure out how to pick seth or akuma. i know they are playable because i have played two japanese players who picked them. i noticed both guys stayed highlighted on one of the new characters for a few seconds and then they when up to the top blank character selections and did some button combination i assume.when the round started the guy was akuma..i tried to repeat what they did but i got nothing. i read some post somewhere else where this spanish guy said he passed the game and no hidden characters were unlocked. Anyone know yet? playing the 360 version.

dont care about banning. the 360 im using is a launch 360 that has survived every ban wave. im using a real jap retail copy so i doubt they can ban me for that.everything is 100% english

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
Sakura: Clear Arcade Mode with Ryu (that connection makes sense)

Cammy: Clear Arcade Mode with C. Viper (what?)

Dan: Clear Arcade Mode with Sakura (makes sense, since Dan always wanted to recruit her in his dojo)

Fei-Long: Clear Arcade Mode with Abel (a French soldier and a martial arts superstar? what's the connection?)

Gen: Clear Arcade Mode with Chun-Li (Yun and Yang were in Chun-Li's cutscene, and Gen's the grandfather of Yun and Yang)

Rose: Clear Arcade Mode with M.Bison, dictator (M. Bison and Rose were eternal rivals)

Akuma: After you unlock the 6 characters at the top, defeat him. To make him appear, have at least one perfect match and no continues.

Gouken: After finishing Arcade Mode with Gouki, defeat him when he appears. To do that, get at least a perfect, no continues, and two or more Ultra finishes.

Seth: Clear Arcade Mode with the other characters.

works too. going through it now.

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
playing with the 360 game controller on this game = fail i'm getting my ass kciked on normal, and i'm usually very good on SF games, and worred about getting banned for playing a game earlier HAHAHAHAHAHAAH you get banned when you play a bad kreon rip or it's not stealthed properly.

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Armadillo said:
bubbleboy said:
Prime said:
WildWon said:

I'm no expert, but surely the save game files contain all manner of meta data? Date created, date last modified etc.

As for legit users running pre-release games, there's a big difference between a week or two and one day. Besides, I think if for example a game store wanted to demo a game before it's launch and somehow got banned because of it, a quick phone call to M$ would get them unbanned immediately.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
bubbleboy said:
Armadillo said:
bubbleboy said:
Prime said:
WildWon said:

Also if they did ban for early game, loads of legit people would get taken out. Games come out friday here , but it's a pretty regular occurrence for you to get the game on wednesday or thursday if you've pre-ordered. So if they did , they would wipe out loads of legit users.

I'm no expert, but surely the save game files contain all manner of meta data? Date created, date last modified etc.

As for legit users running pre-release games, there's a big difference between a week or two and one day. Besides, I think if for example a game store wanted to demo a game before it's launch and somehow got banned because of it, a quick phone call to M$ would get them unbanned immediately.

Save files might contain date created, modified, etc , but that date will be based on the consoles date and time, which is not accurate unless you're connected to live as offline it can be set to what ever you want. Also this game is not a week or two early, it's the Japanese release and was two days early.

Izzy011

The Business Bitch
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
retiredjerk said:
Sakura: Clear Arcade Mode with Ryu (that connection makes sense)

Cammy: Clear Arcade Mode with C. Viper (what?)

Dan: Clear Arcade Mode with Sakura (makes sense, since Dan always wanted to recruit her in his dojo)

Fei-Long: Clear Arcade Mode with Abel (a French soldier and a martial arts superstar? what's the connection?)

Gen: Clear Arcade Mode with Chun-Li (Yun and Yang were in Chun-Li's cutscene, and Gen's the grandfather of Yun and Yang)

Rose: Clear Arcade Mode with M.Bison, dictator (M. Bison and Rose were eternal rivals)

Akuma: After you unlock the 6 characters at the top, defeat him. To make him appear, have at least one perfect match and no continues.

Gouken: After finishing Arcade Mode with Gouki, defeat him when he appears. To do that, get at least a perfect, no continues, and two or more Ultra finishes.

Seth: Clear Arcade Mode with the other characters.

works too. going through it now.
I heard in the English release you need to beat arcade mode once to get the home addition
added characters except Akuma,Gouken,and Seth.

fuuuuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yardsman said:
Armadillo said:
bubbleboy said:
Prime said:
WildWon said:

IIRC, the ban wave from a few months ago got many people running the latest ixtreme and stealthed games, and the trend seemed to be that they had been playing games before their release dates. These were the games that were all of a sudden leaked *way* before their release dates, I think one was Gears 2, maybe Far Cry 2, and a bunch of others.

Personally, I avoided all pre-released games and got through the wave unscathed, so I'm not about to argue with what's been working for me.

But then again, they've had a SF4 cabinet at my local uni's arcade for months now, so I've been seeing plenty of SF4 action already
biggrin.gif

As my 2nd game i've burnt after flashing my first xbox yesterday im GLAD you said this, Thank you man lol soon as i played it i thought oh crap what about the whole release date thing!?!? as a mate mentioned it being later on in the month for me (UK) so i just need to keep off live till the 21st to be safe right? Hope this doesn't get me banned so early in the game for such a little mistake! I'll be more bloody careful in the future!

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im looking forward to achievment hunting @_@, barely even gotten 3 from HD Remix. Atleast i can get the online matches/arcade ones. God i cant wait to use Sakura/Dan, 1-3 days left

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fact: You won't get banned from playing this early. There was actually an official launch event where people in the US got this version early. People have been importing it from japan and playing it on Live, and it's the very exact same game we're getting. That last ban wave was from people who were playing the REVIEWERS COPY of Saints Row 2 and what they say was a "trap leak" from Epic/Microsoft themselves of Gears 2.

Playing this online won't get you banned, no need to freak out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and sticky