Gaming Street Pass must suck for many of you

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm an American ex-pat living in Tokyo. For me, a trip to work or a trip to the in-laws or a trip basically anywhere on the train or subway very easily fills up my maximum 10 hits with new contacts. I have over 1000 at this point, and I don't very often take my 3DS out with me.

I'm on a rare trip home to the US now, and I got all of one hit during my four-hour layover in San Francisco, nothing in the Chicago Airport, nothing in Atlanta. Needless to say, no hits in semi-rural Georgia.

So is Street Pass pretty useless for most people?

For me, yeah pretty much. Very frustrating that Nintendo put those purple pieces in some of the puzzles that can only be obtained via streetpass. I've had my 3DS since just after launch and have gotten less than a dozen distinct streetpass connections.

I lived in Japan for a couple years in the 90's ... I often think about how great the streetpass thing must be there. You confirmed my suspicions, you bastard. :P

I've completed all the puzzles. I finish them almost as soon as I get them.

It's kind of fun getting contacts from different prefectures in Japan -- I have maybe 30 or so now.

It's a great concept. But there seems to be a huge range for how successfully this thing works, and I have no idea how it could be improved. It's a concept designed by someone living in a major, crowded Japanese metropolis, though, obviously.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'm an American ex-pat living in Tokyo. For me, a trip to work or a trip to the in-laws or a trip basically anywhere on the train or subway very easily fills up my maximum 10 hits with new contacts. I have over 1000 at this point, and I don't very often take my 3DS out with me.

I'm on a rare trip home to the US now, and I got all of one hit during my four-hour layover in San Francisco, nothing in the Chicago Airport, nothing in Atlanta. Needless to say, no hits in semi-rural Georgia.

So is Street Pass pretty useless for most people?

Try living in the uk, then you will know how bad streetpass is here, its annoying cause i can't finish all the puzzles and hats :( stop releasing new puzzles nintendo it reduces my chances of getting new peices for the old ones!

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Here in São Paulo (the biggest city here in Brazil) I usually get between 1 and 3 every time I went to shopping mall (a popular and huge shopping mall). Outside this place I got none hits on subway, none in parks, and few walking around.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
From walking around, nil. But luckily I got a rather large Streetpass group that meets every Sundays. Tags on those days range from 15+ to 40+, with repeats in between. It gets slow when people are playing multi (you can't tag em if they're using wireless functions), but yeah, it's no problem for me.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have a bunch of Street Pas shits. i live in Innsbruck, Austria (NOT AUSTRALIA) and hits are quite low BUT if you take it to a few gaming stores you usually end up getting a bunch of Stuff. I have most Puzzle parts now (sadly, still missing the Mario kart Puzzle in its entirety) but its kind of uncommon to get pink pieces...

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, other than the daily streetpass with my boyfriend, I almost never get a streetpass hit.
Maybe 1 or 2 when I go to the nearest city, but that's on a good day.

Remind me to get rich and go visit Japan for the streetpass hits. >.>

jargus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I take it with me to work and once in awhile I get a SP, only a few repeats. I take in the mornings when I go to class and I get a few almost each day I'm there.

Darkrai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I live in Belo Horizonte in Brazil, and still never found anyone on StreetPass. And I walk with my 3DS everywhere D:

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow really? huh, I usually get shitloads of streetpasses. Heck, just the other day a quick trip to gamestop got me a good 6 passes, and this is before I went into the store.

In total I have about... 1000 or 1100, been a while since I actually checked them :P

And I live in Florida were shit like carrying a DS around with you is far from cool >_>

Reactions: 1 person

Rife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live in NY, and my weekly average varies greatly. When I venture into NYC I can get 10 easily, mostly because I go through Grand Central Terminal and right by Nintendo World. Still don't have all the puzzle pieces though because a large number of 3DS owners don't seem to bother playing the puzzle game and so don't have any pieces to share.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
StreetPass sucks. I wish it utilized how many online players you play per day or something like that.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty surprised at how few I get. Some days I'll traverse the entire city and not get a single person. It actually took me a few weeks to get a streetpass when I first got the thing.

When I go to school though, there are tons of people there.

Subarashii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me Streetpass is completely useless ill carry my ds around with me everywhere even to super stores like Walmart and get absolutely nothing..

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry we couldn't fufill your Street Pass needs here in Georgia. :( Hope you enjoyed it!

I've had a 3DS since August last year and the only time I've ever had a street pass was when I was waiting for a flight in Seattle.

Little kid across the waiting area turned his 3DS on, and let me tell you, I've never turned my 3DS on so fast since I've owned it, literally ran down to where he was and walked by inconspicuously two or three times to get a successful Street Pass. XD

Reactions: 5 people

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had mine since launch, and I only really get them in San Francisco or when I go to one of those Pokemon VGC events they hold each year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto