Homebrew SSBB backup from USB Loader freezing

Sparx401

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I just have a question on something (and clarification on other things). Well, I have USB GX Loader installed and it is working. I have Punch-Out!! working fine and well, but as for Brawl, not so good (this means that the "Trucha bug" or whatever it is, is on the IOS right? I mean, the Wii wouldn't be able to detect my USB hard drive in the first place if that wasn't the case right?)

Anyways, every time I play Brawl, I can only go for a few matches and then it freezes...and the only time it freezes is usually in single player mode. The first time it froze, I ended Classic Mode and right after the shooting mini-game at the end, I had the "light-green screen error" message. The other time it froze was during the Subspace Emissary. I started a new file and played only the first part of the first stage...and then the light-green error message screen came up again. This didn't happen at all with Punch-Out so I was wondering if it's due to the "Trucha bug" or the cIOS or something.

I followed this guide here bit by bit:

http://www.mikeandheth.com/games/109-store...tem-menu-4.html

Does anyone know what might be wrong? I used WAD Manager 1.5 and the cIOS version I had/have is cIOS38_rev14

Sparx401

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, okay thanks! If it's just single player mode then I shouldn't worry too much. I have another question though, I want to play Brawl+ and the code lines go well beyond 256. In GeckoOS I can get up to 8000 lines, but in USB Loader GX it constantly warns me of exceeding the 256 limit (I have the gameconfig.txt in the root of my SD card).

Does anyone know a workaround for this or if this is even a problem or not? When I boot up Brawl, it just gives me a blank screen.

Sparx401

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm...thanks for the tip, but Brawl still gives me a blank, black screen.
sleep.gif
I've checked this thoroughly that:

1) the .gct file in the /codes folder ONLY has the snapshot hack and file replacement code (with snapshot code being first).

2) The .bin file (the actual snapshot) is in the correct folder (the al folder). I even used the Wii keys with Brawl Plus Tweaker to have it encrypted.

The weird part is that I just had a .bin file that wasn't encrypted and Brawl was actually working. I loaded the snapshot, but the game said it was corrupt and couldn't load it. So I assumed I needed to encrypt it and I did. Now, the game can't even start up!

EDIT: Never mind, I got it to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: And what?