Square Enix Teaser Site- The World Ends With You Related?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Square Enix has launched a new teaser site that might get some attention from those who have fond memories of a certain hit DS RPG. It contains a stylish countdown that is set to end in a bit under 7 days from now. Fans may recognize the timer font from the popular DS RPG The World Ends With You (AKA It's a Wonderful World in Japan). A game whose plot itself revolves around countdown timers. People have also dissected parts of the site and have found that each day the counter ticks off, a music file is scheduled to play at the teaser page. The first piece of music playing today has some basic percussion, but with each day that passes another layer of instrumentation is added to eventually form a recognizable tune. The piece that plays is "Calling" one of the main tunes of the original The World Ends With You. Lyrics are even added in on the final day.

As you may or may not know, discussion about a potential followup to The World Ends With You has been brewing throughout the past year. Tetsuya Nomura has expressed clear interest that he wishes to develop a sequel (his name by the way is at the bottom of this teaser page). And one of the worlds in the new Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance for the Nintendo 3DS contains cameos of the main characters from TWEWY (Neku, Shiki, Joshua, Beat, and Rhyme) in place of the traditional Final Fantasy cameos. With this new teaser site it is quite clear that something is about to be announced regarding The World Ends With You. This is all we know at this time (we don't know the system it's on either). We'll know just what we're dealing with in just under a week though!

Square Enix Teaser Site
Full Song From Site

Reactions: 20 people

BloodWolfJW

Marotheit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I absoulutely KNEW it was coming!! I've been waiting for this for years now, and my dream has come true!!

I have the copies of The World Ends With You, one I play, one as a spare, and one still in the packaging...

Reactions: 1 person

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point I wouldn't even call this much of a rumor. As if the font of the counter and the art (as well as the developer names below) didn't give away enough, the music files found did. And with all the buildup with developer hints and Kingdom Hearts cameos. SOMETHING TWEWY is inevitable. Whether a port, remake, sequel, or whatever.

Trying to hold off getting a 3DS but...God dammit Square Enix xD
Well we don't even have a confirmed system if this is indeed a game. 3DS is probably a pretty good chance at least though. Though I guess they could pull something and put it on phones (which would be a funny move considering the game's reliance on phones plot-wise).

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love a TWEWY sequel for 3ds, Might even help raise 3ds sales seeing how popular the original was.
I wonder if square enix can pull it off again though, its not easy making to sequel to a highly regarded game.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
yay twewy! it also has subaseka on the url. form the japanese name, subarashiki kono sekai.

what's the white thing below the timer though? any info on that?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With how obvious they made this teaser, I almost wonder why they even bothered to tease it at all and not just announce it outright lol! The background appears to be a silhouette of the 104 building too-
104_from_Scramble.png

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Definitely related to The World Ends With You. The address for the site is http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/. "SubaSeka" is short for the Japanese title of the game, Subarashiki Kono Sekai.

*EDIT*
D'oh! That's what I get for not reading the previous posts. Damn you, Narayan :ninja:

yay twewy! it also has subaseka on the url. form the japanese name, subarashiki kono sekai.

what's the white thing below the timer though? any info on that?
What white thing?

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.square-en...a/images/NCQKL/main_bg_6days.jpg

new image each day?

HYPE!
Time to start play the first one again on my DS phat.

EDIT: Found some more stuff in script file:

SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. CHARACTER DESIGN:TETSUYA NOMURA & GEN KOBAYASHI

Gen Kobayashi = An artist best known for providing the character designs for The World Ends With You. He was trained by Tetsuya Nomura to mimic his art style; however, as evidenced by his work on the SaGa 2 DS remake, his own art style is quite different.

EDIT2: Played around with the image url and was able to get as far as to the day 3 image:
main_bg_3days.jpg

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory