Hacking springs

myclock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ahg123.com
XP
Country
well my memory card sticks in fine but to take it out i have to pull it out manually instead of pushing to use the springs. is there a way to fix this easily?

thanks

JetBlckHrt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm..I often see a lot of people with this problem, I myself have never had it though...

I guess you could try getting a really small screw-driver and open your R4 and try to fix the problem, or you could just leave it. so what? you will just have to pull instead of push.

MacGnG

Trophies
Website
www.MacGnG.com
XP
Country
United States
you MUST be GENTLE
smile.gif

if it gets stuck, play with it for a little bit... it should pop back into place

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have an old version R4, and I took the spring out when I had the same problem. There's tons of Youtube videos on how to do it.

If you took out the spring, how could you be having "Spring Problems"?

QUOTE said:
Yes.Â
frown.gif
 But my R4's holding out fine, although the spring thingy still bugs me. A little.

~Nero

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
Why would you bother? my spring broke months ago and i much prefer the manual pull out option, rather than the springs 'will it, won't it' sketchiness.

Seriously, does the spring have any real benefit?

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Why would you bother? my spring broke months ago and i much prefer the manual pull out option, rather than the springs 'will it, won't it' sketchiness.

Well one time on my old R4, it launched my SD card across the room.

Is projectile launching abilities a benefit?

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Well, you probably could take out someone's eye with a MicroSD as a Projectile.
Use it for good..
laugh.gif

You really don't have to remove your spring, until it starts screwing up, that is.

~Nero

Smwbigboss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It always pushed my Micro SD card out slightly while playing games, making them freeze. Just take the spring out, it's nothing but trouble.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

It always pushed my Micro SD card out slightly while playing games, making them freeze. Just take the spring out, it's nothing but trouble.

The spring pushed out the MicroSD by itself? Wow, you must've had one screwed up spring then.
I've never had spring problems on my old R4DS. I have a new, springless one, so I don't have those troubles.

~Nero

Smwbigboss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The spring pushed out the MicroSD by itself? Wow, you must've had one screwed up spring then.
I've never had spring problems on my old R4DS. I have a new, springless one, so I don't have those troubles.

~Nero
It happened when I touched it accidentally when playing, or when I put it in my pocket and take it out a while later to see a frozen screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/wbMbMtDBaZo?si=Z3ObLtc4Ez6dUY1b