Hacking Homebrew Homebrew game Splatoon 3DS: 2DS compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hecedu

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Hey dude, why not start with something simpler? Maybe try making the game of Snake so you can get used to developing on the 3DS.
You might use Unity to achieve this, there are resources here in GBATemp that teach you how to run Unity games on 3DS, you can easily look for them on Google.
Everything might look impossible at the beginning but a project like this should introduce you to game development on hardware like the 3DS.
And in the future, it's better to submit a Demo/Proof of concept instead of promising projects. Even more so for something of the scope of what you want to achieve (something like this takes years to achieve!)

SSplatoon3DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I
Hey dude, why not start with something simpler? Maybe try making the game of Snake so you can get used to developing on the 3DS.
You might use Unity to achieve this, there are resources here in GBATemp that teach you how to run Unity games on 3DS, you can easily look for them on Google.
Everything might look impossible at the beginning but a project like this should introduce you to game development on hardware like the 3DS.
And in the future, it's better to submit a Demo/Proof of concept instead of promising projects. Even more so for something of the scope of what you want to achieve (something like this takes years to achieve!)
I'll follow that idea. Thanks!

AliSd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sorry, I just get Unity for 3DS working, where can I learn scripting foe this console in C# and camera settings, etc. ?
I know how to on the other platforms, but for th3 3DS, Thank you!

SSplatoon3DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sorry, I just get Unity for 3DS working, where can I learn scripting foe this console in C# and camera settings, etc. ?
I know how to on the other platforms, but for th3 3DS, Thank you!
For the camera i have no idea. But for the scipting, i use C++ so i dont know C# that much. Im sorry!

Reactions: AliSd

SSplatoon3DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
did you bother to draw at least some screenshots of your epic project at least in ms.paint during all this (and it was very good time while you were not here) time?
I did but i keep them secret to get a trailer.

(knock knock)
Who's there.
Nintendo.
Nintendo who?
NINTENDON'T MOVE, GET ON THE GROUND!
Lmao

Reactions: SylverReZ and AliSd

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is no demo. There is nothing. There will probably never be anything
He stopped the project, so its dead.
Screenshot_20230618-212702~2.png

Last edited by Sypherone,
  • Haha
Reactions: Winduss

NateExDee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope development is going well. You must be REALLY close to finishing, working on this for 8 months. Cant wait 🙂
Post automatically merged:

Oh nvm i didnt see the 2 comments above me 💀

concept8192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He stopped the project, so its dead.View attachment 378705
That tweet before the cancellation one...
Don't abuse any plugin made for the game? What game?
I don't mind people learning to code, everyone needs to start somewhere, but in my opinion it's so obnoxious seeing people jump straight to making a bunch of GBATemp threads for a lofty idea they just came up with out of thin air before they even know how to code or have even begun with an extremely rough starting point. Whoever mentioned being DMCA claimed immediately has a good point. Keep that to yourself until you have something to show for it.

Reactions: Maximumbeans
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol