Hacking Speeded up DS games

KamikazeEsp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Due to Arm9 processor has a clock which MHz doubles DS Lite processor's MHz, could be possible to play DS games on 3DS at least at 2x?

Sent from my SM-G930F by Tapatalk

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
Due to Arm9 processor has a clock which MHz doubles DS Lite processor's MHz, could be possible to play DS games on 3DS at least at 2x?

Probably not I'm sure Nintendo will drop the processors speed to match the DS Lite so it's exactly same

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I think TWLoader already does this, but it doesn't actually speed up the games, you'd probably need to change something else as well (in TWL_FIRM maybe?) to achieve that.

Reactions: KamikazeEsp

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem is the slow sd card access via ARM7 from TWL_FIRM with TWLoader, this can't be circumvented.
They try to address by upping the RAM that is usable and asynchronously fetching data but while games are booting this isn't really usable rn.

Last edited by Wuigi,

relminator

#AnyaBasic
Trophies
Website
rel.phatcode.net
XP
Country
DS game speed usually follow the refresh rate(about 59 fps and change). At least that was what I did when I made games with it.

Technically, you could design a variable timestep engine to make the speed "variable" but with the absense of an FPU, you'll likely have overflows in your fixedpoint calculation for "deltatimes".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?