SP SSD anyone?

wiiNinja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been many years since I last touched my Wii. My daughter decided she wanted to play some old Wii games and I had to revive that thing. It was working fine, but I noticed that we're still using the old SATA drive from years back, so I decided to refresh that external drive with a 1TB SP SSD. First impression is it's working great, noiseless and fast. Anyone with similar positive or negative experience to share?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Being USB2.0 then a floppy disc could probably max out the speed, and if you are comparing it to 3x or 6x DVD speed then you are laughing either way.

SSDs then coming into their own if they can dodge the power issues (even good spinning rust wanting more power than most USB setups, especially the Wii's, are likely to provide), latency issues/spin down issues were solved some time back with things having keep alive commands but that is less of a thing here inherently and being solid state then when the hard drive gets used as a football by the kids it is likely to survive as opposed to shattering when the possibly literal glass plates get a nice shock.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/O8G6DCnlLDQ