XP
Country
Reactions: peteruk

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Argh, getting compile errors on windows.. compiling arm9loaderhax-master fails with /libkhax/khaxinit.cpp:1:17: fatal error: 3ds.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

Edit, had to edit environmental variables.

Okay Columbo, so now I have;
arm9loaderhax.3dsx
arm9loaderhax.elf
firm0.bin
firm1.bin
sector.bin
stage0x5C000.bin

Can I not just move arm9loaderhax.3dsx to /boot.3dsx on sd?

Sorry but you seem to know your stuff :)

Last edited by democracy,

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's still so much unknown out there for the anxious masses to do this, such as myself. For the few people that have reinand running on a9lhax can you outline how it's done?

Also does sysnand have to be 9.6+ To
Run a9lhax?

Last edited by Classicgamer,

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are softmodded and don't know what you are doing to the letter, DO NOT install A9LH yet.

Even if you miraculously get your OTP, the FIRM files, compile, and install, it will NOT boot without a payload so you will essentially be bricked except for the one publicly posted build of a9lh-ReiNAND which is N3DS only.

Last edited by gameking66,

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you are softmodded and don't know what you are doing to the letter, DO NOT install A9LH yet.

Even if you miraculously get your OTP, the FIRM files, compile, and install, it will NOT boot without a payload so you will essentially be bricked except for the one publicly posted build of a9lh-ReiNAND which is N3DS only.
You cant call it bricked, since its not what it is, but you are right most people should not setup a9lh atm. Exspecialy of they are on a softmodded console, they would have to wait an unknown time to be able to do something. only thing that could be possible very fast it nand rewriting, since we are able to access the sd and the nand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hardmod is obligatory in NEW 3DS consoles, in 2.1 you can't update the console!! The tutorial from github is incomplete for NEW.
It could be possible to use a payload to write a nand image back, but there is no payload, that does this atm.

Reactions: peteruk

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You cant call it bricked, since its not what it is, but you are right most people should not setup a9lh atm. Exspecialy of they are on a softmodded console, they would have to wait an unknown time to be able to do something. only thing that could be possible very fast it nand rewriting, since we are able to access the sd and the nand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It could be possible to use a payload to write a nand image back, but there is no payload, that does this atm.
Ahem, he said "essentially" bricked. And that's true.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hardmod is obligatory in NEW 3DS consoles, in 2.1 you can't update the console!! The tutorial from github is incomplete for NEW.
You can write back the NAND no problem from ARM9, it's just they suddenly realized that they have no solutions for sysNAND restore with these payloads and are scrambling to actually implement them for themselves.

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
I have gone down to 2.1 on a N3DS to get a9f.bin. Sure I'm stuck on 2.1 till we get a restore sysnand option, but I can't wait to run reinand with arm9 :D

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just commited an update since i had to rewrite the start.s MPU settings. So if you compile that normally, it'll work on normal cakehax entry. To get it to run on a9lh, you need to comment out loadSplash in main.c because since you're running it before kernels are setup, LCD isnt initialized. So simply comment that out, compile, and you only need the code that would be at 0x12000 of the dat (because everything prior is rop stuffs). So i found the fastest way to get that is just go into the build folder and find main.bin and rename to arm9loaderhax.bin and put on root of SD. x3
I'll leave a build here in this post but just for future updates, comment out splash screen until i figure out how to run arm11 code before kernels lol.

Is there a noob guide I can follow to be like you?

How about one to set my n3ds up like yours after I get my otp?

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Good tip for O3DS users.

Wow, it was a long haul and my eyes are bloodshot but I just installed reinand arm9loaderhax.bin with the public exploit, WOW! Working very, very good here!
Thank you Rei, Shadowtrance and columbo! :) Very happy here :) Thank you.

Edit: i nearly ran the exploit from CTR, lol. Did the proper thing in the end and ran it from hombrew loader

One question, i am getting autoboot of emunand, how to boot system? mini pasta?

Last edited by democracy,

jackb994

Self-Proclaimed Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good tip for O3DS users.

Wow, it was a long haul and my eyes are bloodshot but I just installed reinand arm9loaderhax.bin with the public exploit, WOW! Working very, very good here!
Thank you Rei, Shadowtrance and columbo! :) Very happy here :) Thank you.

Edit: i nearly ran the exploit from CTR, lol. Did the proper thing in the end and ran it from hombrew loader

One question, i am getting autoboot of emunand, how to boot system? mini pasta?
Like said above how could you get back to sysnand, if you remove the arm9loaderhax file it just turns off straight away

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also happy birthday @Xdqwerty