Sony PS5 event showcase - Demon's Souls Remake and Horizon Zero Dawn 2 confirmed

E9oNwO6.png

PlayStation promises us a look at the future of gaming, in their rescheduled PlayStation 5 event, which is set to take place later today. There's not much time left before the show kicks off, so settle in, get your memes and popcorn, and be sure to have your hype train boarding pass. The event will begin at 1pm PDT, 3pm CDT, 9pm BST, and if you don't know what any of those are in your local timezone, check out the countdown below this post.

We'll be covering the event live, so if you're unable to tune in, check this thread periodically to see all the latest announcements, with the biggest reveals to be highlighted at the end of the conference.

:arrow: Watch it live, here (Twitch)
:arrow: Watch it live, here (YouTube)

Roundup Highlights

• Ratchet and Clank: A Rift Apart announced.
  • Resident Evil VIII announced.
  • Horizon Zero Dawn 2 confirmed.
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure revealed.
  • Demon's Souls remake is finally real.
  • There will be a PS5 Digital Edition.

V6VnqmI.png

0I7zGOT.png
ps5-sideoriginal-jpg.213053

Live Coverage

We get to see the history of previous PlayStation exclusives

Grand Theft Auto V will be enhanced on the PS5, coming 2021.
GTA Online will be free for PS5 owners.

The next reveal is Spider-Man: Miles Morales, launches holiday 2020.

Grand Turismo is back in the 7th entry.

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart announced. We get to see both cinematic and gameplay footage.

Square Enix's Luminous Productions reveals Project Athia, will be exclusive to PS5.

Annapurna's latest game shows a cat walking through a small city full of robots. It's called Stray. 2021.

HouseMarque is developing a game about a woman who crashed her spaceship on a planet and died, only to wake up on a planet that changes each time she wakes up. Returnal.

Sackboy: A Big Adventure is a new title in the Little Big Planet series. It's a 3D platformer.

This next game is about destruction derbies titled Destruction Allstars.

Play as a small girl who can control various creatures in a large foresty world in Kena: Bridge of Spirits.

Goodbye Volcano High launches 2021 and is about highschool aged animals in a band.

A new Oddworld game was announced, subtitled Soulstorm.

Ghostwire Tokyo is back again, with some new gameplay footage. 2021.

Superbrothers is developing a game about space travel. Holiday 2020.

Gearbox is working on a game that focuses on melee combat. Called Godfall. Holiday 2020.

The void is calling, in this 3D exploration game that looks very similar to Journey. It's called Solar Ash. 2021.

There's a new Hitman game coming in Hitman III, due out Jan 2021.

PlayStation has a new 3D platformer in the form of Astro's Playroom, looking to possibly be a demo game for new users.

Little Devil Inside seems to be a comedic game with 3D action.

Googly eyed living strawberries and sandwich snakes exist peacefully in this new game made by the Octodad devs. Bugsnax. Holiday 2020.

NBA 2k21. Fall 2020.

Demon's Souls finally gets its remake. Made by Bluepoint.

Arkane is working on a very Dishonored-like game about time loops. Cool powers and guns will be how you get further each loop and kill all eight of your targets before midnight. Deathloop.

Resident Evil VIIIage (village) is the next Resident Evil game. 2021.

A man in a large mechanical suit talks to a small girl and her digital robot cat as a monster crashes through the sky in Pragmata coming 2020 from Capcom.

Horizon Zero Dawn 2 confirmed. Forbidden West.

Attachments

• ps5-sideoriginal.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 391
  • rnqteyqcwi451.png
    rnqteyqcwi451.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 275
Last edited by shaunj66,

WiiHomebrew+Snes

Member of GBAtemp's shadow district
Trophies
Website
www.lucar.io
XP
Country
United States
I honestly can't believe GTA V has been on PS3, PS4 and PS5.

That's some shameless fucking milking if ever I've seen it.

Tell that to pac man, he's been on basically every relevant home console and most of the handhelds for the past 30+ except SNES, but that had ms. pac man.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
all we need is the UI and it will be perfect. the one thing that makes me the most hyped for a console is the UI
I doubt it's going to be much different from PS4's UI, and I'm perfectly okay with that. Microsoft is the only one who really needs a drastic overhaul to that ad-ridden garbage they call a UI. Even just putting a standard Win10 installation on XBSX would be a massive improvement.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, I'm interested in Ratchet & Clank - as long as it dumps the awful reboot, and continues on from the Future series on the PS3 (which weren't as good as 2, 3, and Deadlocked, on the PS2, in my opinion; still decent games, Future were, but not amazing).
Also, Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Sweet; just get rid of those awful linear "stealth" bits, that force a return to checkpoint if the player character's seen. Oh, and no Screwball, please.

The console itself looks...interesting, to say the least. That's definitely not the standard shape; I wonder if this thing can be laid down horizontally? I've always laid my consoles down horizontally, save for the Switch; allows me to put my Switch on top of my Wii U, on top of my PS4 Pro.
I'd also be interested in the model with the disk drive, since it's far easier for my family to give me physical discs for my birthday/Christmas than download codes or money.
Still, I think I'll wait for the inevitable redesign later on - the PS1 had a slimmer model, the PS2 had a slimmer model (which was one of my first two consoles, when I was a child), the PS3 had a slimmer model, the PS4 has the Pro along with a slimmer model, so of course the PS5 will almost certainly have a slimmer model at some point, or something.

Reactions: RichardTheKing

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...See, that's the problem with "reboots", with games that drop numbers after previously having them. I could easily say "it's on the PS2, doncha know", because that really wouldn't be wrong for me to say.

I know right I was kinda thinking that when I posted. I guess this would be like God of War 6?

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends if Ascension counts as 4 I'm not sure. Oh well they're not going to call it any of these numbers most likely lol.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I doubt it's going to be much different from PS4's UI, and I'm perfectly okay with that. Microsoft is the only one who really needs a drastic overhaul to that ad-ridden garbage they call a UI. Even just putting a standard Win10 installation on XBSX would be a massive improvement.
The Xbox UI is one of two major reasons I've never liked that line of consoles; the UI's never been as clean and elegant as the PlayStation's or Nintendo's various UIs, in my honest opinion. I particularly hate the Xbox One UI, which either inspired or was based on Windows 8 - the various differently-sized boxes strewn haphazardly about, with no clear structure, was utterly horrendous.

I'm still annoyed Windows 10 kept that for the Start Menu in some form (those stupid Tiles that advertise Candy Crush and other transaction-ridden shit), but at least it's mostly gone.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Tell that to pac man, he's been on basically every relevant home console and most of the handhelds for the past 30+ except SNES, but that had ms. pac man.
DOOM, people.

WiiHomebrew+Snes

Member of GBAtemp's shadow district
Trophies
Website
www.lucar.io
XP
Country
United States
I actually called Resident Evil VIII and I was like dayum, that's not half bad

I like the 2 Timeloop games, Bugsnax, maybe Ratchet & Clank, probably Spiderman and also stray and the moon astronaut game with the little girl and crap.

The rest were kinda meh for me especially Astro bot, Sackboy, Demolition Derby game

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm still annoyed Windows 10 kept that for the Start Menu in some form (those stupid Tiles that advertise Candy Crush and other transaction-ridden shit), but at least it's mostly gone..
I'm not sure about Win10 Home, but in every other version you can remove those tiles entirely and/or replace them with whatever shortcuts you want. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would gladly pay Microsoft a one-time fee of $50 or even $100 for the same privilege of removing all ads from the UI on Xbox. Which is about the price of a Win10 license anyway.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure about Win10 Home, but in every other version you can remove those tiles entirely and/or replace them with whatever shortcuts you want. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would gladly pay Microsoft a one-time fee of $50 or even $100 for the same privilege of removing all ads from the UI on Xbox. Which is about the price of a Win10 license anyway.
to be fair though, classic shell is good for getting rid of it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu