Hacking Sony blocks online play yet again...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It depends on WHICH console you own. DUh! I just played the game in that video yesterday (Final Fantasy X) and it looks infinitely better than what the video suggests.
34CDlZH.jpg

VkEe0N0.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/13/ps2-ps1-480i-games-hampered-by-crazy-jaggies-on-the-ps3/

"Infinitely Better".

Of course, to be fair, as far as I know those screencaps were taken before the filters were introduced in much, much later firmwares but you can still see the picture is pixelated and the colours are washed out - resizing always does that.

Furthermore, to actually get those video screen captures they would have to be using an emulator on a PC which means that they aren't even testing it on a real PS3 console.
yWcrmre.jpg

That's how a screen capture device looks like. I know how you could get confused since PS3 emulators are so popular these days.

Even if they were, the video doesn't say WHICH PS3 console they are talking about. I'm sorry if you have a junk PS3 and/or a junk TV and/or don't know which settings look best, but don't take that out on me.
Backwards Compatibility originally worked on CECHA, CECHB, CECHC and CECHE PS3's, meaning on the PS3 Fat's.

We're done here.

EDIT: Just so we're clear and there's no animosity going on, all I'm saying is that playing PS2 games is better on a PS2 which was made to play them, that's all. No hard feelings. ;)

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
And not to throw a further spanner in the PS2 vs PS3 argument about PS2 gaming, but this has so far ignored GS Mode Selector which further enhances PS2 games if you're on an LCD. Personally i can't see any way that a PS3 is going to make the original PS2 games look better than a PS2 hooked up to a CRT. Not in a million years (obviously excluding the remakes).

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to break up this cute arguement, but has the OP looked anywhere else on the internet for information regarding PS2 on PS3? Because just in the last month MAJOR breakthroughs have occured. Just check out the recent MultiMAN update for example: http://www.dashhacks.com/ps3/ps3-homebrew/multiman-gets-the-version-number-change-to-043000.html

Changelog & Release Notes:
  • Added support for various 4.40CFWs
  • Added support for loading PS2 Classics (from /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO) (thanks flatz & ing.pereira)

You need "PS2 Classics Placeholder" (by CaptainCPS-X) installed and your ps2 classics in /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO as subfolders. It is also available for download in mM's WEB column.
If you don't have memory-cards, mM will create them for you under SAVEDATA subfolder in the game folder.
Use the following structure format:

/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Test Game (simple naming format - no cover download)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Test Game/ISO.BIN.ENC
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Test Game/COVER.JPG (not mandatory, but if present will have higher priority than downloaded covers)/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Test Game/SAVEDATA/SCEVMC0.VME (mM will create it if missing)/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Test Game/SAVEDATA/SCEVMC1.VME (mM will create it if missing)

or even better, the recommended format:
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-97194] NFL GameDay 2003 (mM will use the gameID and will download the cover if available)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-97194] NFL GameDay 2003/ISO.BIN.ENC
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-97194] NFL GameDay 2003/COVER.JPG (not mandatory, but if present will have higher priority than downloaded cover)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-97194] NFL GameDay 2003/SAVEDATA/SCEVMC0.VME (mM will create it if missing)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-97194] NFL GameDay 2003/SAVEDATA/SCEVMC1.VME (mM will create it if missing)

Basically you only need the ISO.BIN.ENC and nothing else:

/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/MyPS2Classic/ISO.BIN.ENC
and mM will show "MyPS2Classic" disc icon in the RETRO column. If you name your folder with the game-id, mM will download the cover. If you put "COVER.JPG" next to the iso, mM will use it instead. That's it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: