Sony announces PS Vita TV

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The Vita is too bulky to carry around anyway unless you are wearing baggy gangster pants with oversized pockets normally used for carrying a gun :P

Holding a portable console without a case in your trouser pocket is silly and causes more damage than it's worth - enjoy pulling all the lint out of nooks and crannies. PSVita Master Race uses console cases. That being said, my PSVita fits my hoodie pocket just fine, I've never had problems with it in terms of portability.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japan =/= rest of the world that happens to have common sense. It's cheap, that is why people in Japan are going to buy it because clearly the price point of the regular Vita is too high to get them to invest in one. What is the point of having a portable system if you just release a version that can be used at home? The Vita is too bulky to carry around anyway unless you are wearing baggy gangster pants with oversized pockets normally used for carrying a gun :P

The Vita TV can actually sell if outside of Japan if Sony actually markets it right. This is the perfect device for people who does not want a handheld and prefer console gaming (A lot people here in America). At $100, they can get a device that plays Vita/PSP/PS1 games, and if Gaikai is like what Sony is hyping it up to be, PS2/PS3 streaming is added on. The Vita TV can also act as a second screen with the PS4. But like I said, if this is marketed properly, this thing could sell.

sandytf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will probably eventually buy a Vita and the Vita TV if it is released in the US. I've always liked the idea of being able to switch between playing a game on a handheld and on a home console depending if I'm at home or traveling.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japan =/= rest of the world that happens to have common sense. It's cheap, that is why people in Japan are going to buy it because clearly the price point of the regular Vita is too high to get them to invest in one. What is the point of having a portable system if you just release a version that can be used at home? The Vita is too bulky to carry around anyway unless you are wearing baggy gangster pants with oversized pockets normally used for carrying a gun :P

To be fair this is bombing outside of Japan. Analysts say mainly because it's not on sale outside of Japan. They also said that we should pull assumptions out of our sphincters like lottery balls.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good this should stay the hell outta the West as it would spell Death for the PS Vita......not sure how thats possible as it's already a rotting stinking paperweight :shit:

It's coming to the west. Just not anytime soon, and how will it spell death for the Vita when the Vita TV is a Vita..?

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Good this should stay the hell outta the West as it would spell Death for the PS Vita......not sure how thats possible as it's already a rotting stinking paperweight :shit:
Um, how would an optional alternative spell death for the Vita? That's about as silly as claiming the 2DS spells death for the 3DS.

Mementos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I would buy one, or even import one from japan. Tho, i was realy interested, but the compatibility list looks very bad, uncharted, assasins creed, killzone and some others arent on this list :/ May they are able to bring support for those games with patches/updates or the upcoming ps4 controller.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To be fair this is bombing outside of Japan. Analysts say mainly because it's not on sale outside of Japan. They also said that we should pull assumptions out of our sphincters like lottery balls.

To be honest, the Vita TV won't do well until the system has games for it. I don't plan on buying a Vita again until more exclusives are out for it.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would buy one, or even import one from japan. Tho, i was realy interested, but the compatibility list looks very bad, uncharted, assasins creed, killzone and some others arent on this list :/ May they are able to bring support for those games with patches/updates or the upcoming ps4 controller.
They probably will add those when the Vita TV gets a western release because apparently the Japanese don't enjoy those games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    hmmm, i got no clue, i need to re-check their step by step guide
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    11.0 hack is great if you got a webos tv
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i dont have LG tvs around
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    all TCL
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    and a sony
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can map a button on your remote to launch the script call it a day
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stay on 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I had a spare ps4 on 10.0 so decided to try it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i just want to play the psp resistance port
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psps are high tech
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    there is no backported version for me fw
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't own the hardware?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    both 2 psp busted
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hunt down a vita?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Tried, but the conditions i saw most of 'em left me reelin'
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You won't find a excellent condition unless you wanna pay $200
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i know, it's as much as getting a new switch lite
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could always get a poor condition slim and shell swap it slims are easier to swap out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    with money left to spare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or maybe an Anbernic device that can emulate psp
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psps still going for $100 on ebay lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i'll consider it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    if only i can backport the game meself
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pretty sure the new flip one can do psp if you don't mind the sp design
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pretty sure the new flip one can do psp if you don't mind the sp design