Sonic the Hegehog Virtual Console no signal on TV

benfll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm trying to play Sonic the Hegehog on the Virtual Console but since connecting my Wii to a new TV I now just get 'no signal' on the TV once I launch the game. While it says no signal I can still here the audio though. If I press home a picture appears, but then it goes back to no signal again as soon as I close that menu.
There's a support article on Nintendo's website (link wasn't allowed sorry) which says to connect a nunchuk and press Z + A + 2 to fix it, but I don't hear any sound played when I press this like the article says I should, and the issue isn't fixed once I leave the menu. I've also tried changing the picture format option on my TV but that doesn't help either, and changing between 480p, 480i, and 576i in my Wii's settings.
I have a PAL Wii and it's connected to my TV with Component cables. I had no issues when the Wii was connected to my previous TV and set up in exactly the same way, so any help would be appreciated.

benfll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't have a list of refresh rates my TV supports but I know it supports both 50 and 60Hz. Could the game be running at any other refresh rate than those?

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Reactions: jeannotte

benfll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay so I read on a Reddit thread that Nintendo added the Z + A + 2 button keypress on 2007-10-8. And it works for me in Puyo Puyo 2 which was released 2008-5-9. But Sonic the Hedgehog was released 2006-12-8 and it doesn't work in that so it looks like that's true. Were there updates released to the earlier VC titles to add this option?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer