Hacking Sonic Classic Collection Works on AceKard 2i

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Personally I just use my loaded jenesisDS to play some hog 2 until next losder is released and it saves my day. Aside that, good tip, but not very practical one.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
JereTHEend said:
Personally I just use my loaded jenesisDS to play some hog 2 until next losder is released and it saves my day. Aside that, good tip, but not very practical one.

Good idea. Im gonna stick with 1.5.1 so i can play Sonic And Sega Racing. Ill just use jenesisDS until the new AKAIO comes out (lets hope its soon!)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ConJ said:
JereTHEend said:
Good idea. Im gonna stick with 1.5.1 so i can play Sonic And Sega Racing. Ill just use jenesisDS until the new AKAIO comes out (lets hope its soon!)
In another post Tetram said '1.6 is said to be planned and we can expect it in a couple of week...' - How'd he knows I don't know so I'm not holding my breath just yet since nothing been mentioned on the AKAIO forums (yet)

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well, I was ready to wait months for all I know. I am not inpatient.

Or I will see what team cyclops does, If anything.

Yes.

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
+ means it works, - means it doesn't work
So here's what we have ( tested by me) :
1. akaio 1.5.1 with 1.5 loaders = Sonic Classic Collection +
Sonic and Sega all star racing -

2. akaio 1.5.1 with latest loader = Sonic Classic Collection -
Sonic and Sega all star racing +

3. akaio 1.5.1 with latest loader + jenesis ds = Sonic and Sega all star racing +
Sonic 1, 2, 3 + ( Please notice that these are genesis games and can be runed through the jenesis ds)
Final conclusion: If you'd like to play all of these games, use the 3rd solution, it is more tricky but it works, if not, wait for a new loader to fix all of the problems
grog.gif

tpformbh

Trophies
XP
Country
I believe i've got Akaio 1.5.1 (or it was 1.5 just with the latest loaders), as sonic classic wouldn't run.

Got hold of what I think was the last 1.5 loader (Oct 09). Classic sonic runs fine. Sonic racing (ARM7 patched) crashes if you hold X, but if you keep A held down (after selecting it), it works fine.

pjmorie

Trophies
XP
Country
tpformbh said:
I believe i've got Akaio 1.5.1 (or it was 1.5 just with the latest loaders), as sonic classic wouldn't run.

Got hold of what I think was the last 1.5 loader (Oct 09). Classic sonic runs fine. Sonic racing (ARM7 patched) crashes if you hold X, but if you keep A held down (after selecting it), it works fine.

Your right! That does work, well done for spotting that.
gbasp.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pjmorie said:
tpformbh said:

Your right! That does work, well done for spotting that.
gbasp.gif

To me the game runs slightly slower when holding down (A) because it runs in non-DMA mode. (X) loads the game using old DMA mode and to me there was a difference in speed between the two modes. It's the reason both AKAIO and Official both use DMA by default.

Sonic the Hedgehog is 19 years old, so it's not really going to be a big deal to wait a few weeks for AKAIO 1.6

wrighty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
many thanks to the akaio team and the main man Normmatt for 1.6rc1.....
yaynds.gif
all those still bitching about sonics not working get updating with new loaders....acekard users that is...rest of ya well what can i say..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: He's the reason why the banks closed lol.