Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Why do the chinese never release source code, then we could translate it to english

EDIT: anyone want to tell me where to get the trainer?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Normmatt going from another topic and some personal experimentation the save data is pretty much raw hex corresponding to various stats for most of the file although it is hashed somewhere, from this is should not be too hard to reimplement (some data even appears to be included in the text files the app comes with).
Anyhow thread:
http://www.ndsbbs.com/read.php?tid=78496
Direct download link:
http://hikaru.gameres.com/game/ff3/changesav_ff3.rar
I have a copy too if you so desire.

@maxlifan you can edit the music by yourself quite easily, owning to the high resource nature of sound the music is never compressed beyond standard compression techniques (ima-ADPCM and such) and (not in any rom I have ever seen anyhow), the next bonus is soundfiles built with Nintendo's tools (I.E. every DS rom I have looked at) have their own filesystem meaning it is quite easy to repoint files and even customise them: see the Phoenix Wright sound restoration (where the soundfiles from GS2 were replaced with the sounds from the first game) or my own Tetris DS one where I repointed the file to use the Classic Tetris music instead.

As for cheating and trainers, online is not good (although I did see some good ones on Halo1 on the PC) but if it is just a little game like this then who is it really bothering. As for whining about trainers consider this, there is no decent DS emulator (yes major steps have been made but we are not at VBA/NO$GBA level yet) and hacking stuff like this without an emulator takes quite a while and a hell of a lot of patience.

Just to add the whole hacking FF3 thing this game seem built to hack (plain ASCII for text and nothing as far as I have played around with really compressed save the 3d graphics and even then it seems to be simple LZ compression), I imagine at some point we will see some major total conversion hacks for it.

poopertrooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I imagine at some point we will see some major total conversion hacks for it.

That would be interesting to see some custom weapons and characters.

Maybe even a TC for another FF game. Like maybe 5 or 7 on DS.

That would be awesome. Or even a Chrono Trigger conversion, even though it would practically be like building a whole new game from the ground up.

maxlifan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for being an idiot but i did understand what u said... can u explain one more time lol...

BTW i'm also a cheapass who wants to beat the mini cave part fast..... So can some1 please explain or translate the editer... I no i'm being an ass but i'm tired of using Phoexi downs in the stupid cave......

lol i'm really useless... my parents r chinese and i'm canadian and i can't even read it.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: