Some Buddhists Maybe?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so, clearly I'm at the end of my rope if I'm asking here. I'm working on an ethnography for my introductory anthropology course, and holy hell, I've had an endless mountain of issues. I have to interview at least two people, and for the past three weeks, I've been trying my damndest to find those two people. Success? lolno. I've had people that were supposed to be reliable resources not respond. I've had everybody else flake on me and just never get back to me rather than justifying their inability to keep their word.

With that said, I have a simple question:
Are there any people here that would say they are practicing Buddhists that would be willing to answer a few simple questions? I recognize this may be a bit of a long shot, but I will take absolutely anybody at this point. Anybody. It doesn't matter which school you follow, which specific discipline, etc. With my paper due next Tuesday (I can write it completely on Monday), I'm pretty much out of time to be picky.

For the content of the questions, they would essentially just be:
How did you come to choose Buddhism?
What does being Buddhist mean to you?
How is Buddhism present in your life (how does it show itself day to day)?

I could ask further questions based on the initial answers, but really, thorough answers to those questions would do just fine. As in detail as is reasonable.

If you are able and willing to help, I would certainly appreciate you either responding to this thread or PMing me. Do note, if you do volunteer, you are agreeing to answer the questions quickly and thoroughly. I don't need your actual name or anything, since I don't plan on using real names in my paper anyways, if you're worried about that aspect. No personal identifying information would need to be collected or used.

Once again, I know it's a long shot. If you know anybody who would be able to help me, feel free to PM me with an email or something as well. I will happily listen to anybody that is willing to help me out.

I'll still be exploring other resources as well, such as Buddhist Facebook groups. I didn't see any harm in putting out my feelers here as well though.

If you read this far, ya know, thanks. I recognize this likely won't be relevant for the majority of you, but no harm in trying. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-